Tennis...Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I believe it. I reffed soccer for a summer, and in the training class one of the guys said the best way to handle upset coaches was to carry a BB gun and just shoot them if they get out of hand. Calm right down.
    Yeah, it takes a lot of patience. At some levels it’s harder because every coach knows you and you know them.

Another story from a professional referee, he got his first MLS assignment as a 4th Official (between the benches) and he went to introduce himself to the coaches (like you should) and before he got a word out one coach said “you must be (redacted), congratulations on your first assignment!”
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I think Martina has exactly the correct take on the Serena situation here.
      Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Here is another perspective on it that a friend of mine who is a huge tennis (and Serena) fan, posted on FB. She also umpires some local matches in the Twin Cities.
        Bang on. Tennis people completely support the umpire, it’s people who don’t know anything about the sport that are upset.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Bang on. Tennis people completely support the umpire, it’s people who don’t know anything about the sport that are upset.
          There have been plenty of people who are current or former players who have came out in support of Serena.

But I guess the USTA, WTA, Chris Everett, James Blake, and Billie Jean King aren’t “tennis people”. And that’s just the headlines I found on the first google search for Serena Williams.

Personally, I think Wisko’s article is a pretty good take.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Which *** did you pull this take out of?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter, code violations in 2018 US Open: men 86 and women 22 #Sexism
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I wasn’t aware that sexism can’t happen in isolated incidents.

And for the record, I’m not entirely convinced it was sexism. You’re just making terrible arguments.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I wasn’t aware that sexism can’t happen in isolated incidents.

And for the record, I’m not entirely convinced it was sexism. You’re just making terrible arguments.
                    Was racism
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Was racism
                      Because the other woman was lily-white.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Only if you're an Australian cartoonist.

I'm glad Drew is here to let me know my tennis playing self is not actually a fan of tennis.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Only if you're an Australian cartoonist.

I'm glad Drew is here to let me know my tennis playing self is not actually a fan of tennis.
                          I understood the cartoon, and agreed with its premise, BUT it REALLY needed to be illustrated in a VERY different manner.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I understood the cartoon, and agreed with its premise, BUT it REALLY needed to be illustrated in a VERY different manner.
                            The author really used some bad, bad tropes there physically.

Comment

that is NOT how mookie likes his jap women either!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Federer's out and Tiafoe advances.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X