Tennis...Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    You think Nadal was using PEDs? The thought never crossed my mind. Idk how it would help in tennis other than blood doping and getting more stamina or something like that.
    Look at pictures of him when he was just starting out.

I don't think they do the traditional football/baseball stuff, it is more HGH or something along those lines. There is no way they train for four or five hours a day without some serious help.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Look at pictures of him when he was just starting out.

I don't think they do the traditional football/baseball stuff, it is more HGH or something along those lines. There is no way they train for four or five hours a day without some serious help.
      I don't buy it. They test for that crap in Tennis. A woman just got kicked out for a year because of it. He would have been exposed by now.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I don't buy it. They test for that crap in Tennis. A woman just got kicked out for a year because of it. He would have been exposed by now.
        That was an anti-anxiety type medication. It would lower your heart rate in matches but didn't have anything to do with how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Well they test in baseball too but it took them IDK how long to catch Braun and other guys like Dee Gordon who had been doing it for a while. Who knows how many people they've missed.

But I can't imagine Tennis has perfect testing either and pretty much in all sports it seems like the PEDs are ahead of the testing. Just think about Lance Armstrong and the blood doping etc.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Well they test in baseball too but it took them IDK how long to catch Braun and other guys like Dee Gordon who had been doing it for a while. Who knows how many people they've missed.

But I can't imagine Tennis has perfect testing either and pretty much in all sports it seems like the PEDs are ahead of the testing. Just think about Lance Armstrong and the blood doping etc.
            I don't buy it. After Armstrong anyone would be exposed in any sport. Speaking of cycling they had a story on 60 minutes where they can cheat now with a little electric motor contained in the bike. Mechanical Cheating. Cycling is such a cesspool.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I don't buy it. After Armstrong anyone would be exposed in any sport.
              Yeah this clearly isn't true.

Comment

Yeah this clearly isn't true.
                Then by the transitive property I believe Serena Williams is a dope fiend.

Comment

Yeah I was gonna write something up about it yesterday but never submitted. I think the biggest difference between the two is that Fed plays efficiently and tries to hit winners more frequently even if that means more errors as well (both forced and unforced). Nadal just focused on prolonging every single point and didn't hit nearly as many winners (at least against Fed) in every match I remember watching. IDK if there are stats on this out there but I always remember it ending up that way.
                  The killer stat should be unforced errors. You'd expect Fed to have way more. Of course, it can pay off at that level (though at NO other. "You can try that shot when you can beat me with it" -- same coach)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah he definitely had more of those in the head to head matches vs Nadal during a lot of the grand slams he lost. Especially on clay. At the same time there's a risk reward factor there and on grass/hard courts it pays off more often than not. Fed's style clearly isn't as conducive to the slower paced game on clay though, it's just harder to hit winners there and the unforced errors will likely outweigh the winners on that surface for him, at least against a return machine that is Nadal.

Comment

btw as much as I love a great baseline game - and Fed/Raffy had some truly tremendous rallies at the AU final - I do lament the nearly complete loss of the serve & volley game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        btw as much as I love a great baseline game - and Fed/Raffy had some truly tremendous rallies at the AU final - I do lament the nearly complete loss of the serve & volley game.
                        Tim Henman!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Murray actually lost to a serve and volleyer at the Australian Open. It was a crazy match.

Comment

Wimbledon draws released.

If top 4 seeds hold, semi-finals would be Murray v Nadal, Federer v Djokovic.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I don't think those four are going to have a great tournament and Fed is the only one who I think has much chance. It seems Murray and Djoker are both a combination of out of form and a bit knackered, Nadal has played a lot of tennis this year and I'm not sure his body will hold up, and while Fed has no obviously deficiencies right now he is in his mid 30's. It's a great opportunity for one of the young guns to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

But did this guy make it?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X