• Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Federer loses in 5 to Dimitrov.
    That's a shame.

Comment

is it just me, or is anyone else as tired as Hell of Nadal's HS-girl gamesmanship? He makes Serena look like an Eagle Scout. She, at least, doesn't milk the clock when things aren't going her way, let along disappear for an 8-minute BR break.

He's a great physical talent, but a perennial wuss.

Comment

I hate Rafa and his antics

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          is it just me, or is anyone else as tired as Hell of Nadal's HS-girl gamesmanship? He makes Serena look like an Eagle Scout. She, at least, doesn't milk the clock when things aren't going her way, let along disappear for an 8-minute BR break.

8 min is quick for a poo (at least on mookie's throne)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I hate Rafa and his antics
            Thank you for offering your opinion. Makes me feel less alone on this one.

I've played tennis for 30 years, and sometimes at a high-level.

We all should hate the cowardice that Nadal shows when he behaves like a scorned little girl, and dictates the pace of the match as though that's his prerogative.

He should have been docked at least 2 more points on Sunday for delays, but the umpire was very late in growing a set.

Nadal is a great talent, but the tail was wagging the dog there. The deck was stacked against Medvedev from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              8 min is quick for a poo (at least on mookie's throne)
              If a Mookie is playing for a US Open, a Mookie must get his business done before the match, and therefore not (allegedly) drop a deuce when things are going South for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Nadal is a great talent, but the tail was wagging the dog there. The deck was stacked against Medvedev from the get-go.
                My tennis coach told me Nadal's mechanics are so bad for his arm it's going to be unusable after he retires and he's going to live out his life in horrific pain.

So there's that, anyway.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Thank you for offering your opinion. Makes me feel less alone on this one.

I've played tennis for 30 years, and sometimes at a high-level.

We all should hate the cowardice that Nadal shows when he behaves like a scorned little girl, and dictates the pace of the match as though that's his prerogative.

He should have been docked at least 2 more points on Sunday for delays, but the umpire was very late in growing a set.

Medvedev got screwed on a missed call on set point in the second. Agreed that the umpire had a shocker.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Not tired. Not at all. Great player.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      My tennis coach told me Nadal's mechanics are so bad for his arm it's going to be unusable after he retires and he's going to live out his life in horrific pain.

So there's that, anyway.
                      That’s a huge part of why I don’t like him. His style is ugly to me. I love the classical beauty of Fed. Fed has power and yet can volley and play a game other than baseline grunt smashes.
                      Also Helps that Fed isn’t a whiny little b and it’s gonna be gross if Rafa passes him

Comment

That’s a huge part of why I don’t like him. His style is ugly to me. I love the classical beauty of Fed. Fed has power and yet can volley and play a game other than baseline grunt smashes.
                        Also Helps that Fed isn’t a whiny little b and it’s gonna be gross if Rafa passes him
                        If what you are saying is true then Roger should have been the one winning all the French Opens right? It's not logical that a baseliner grunter would be the one winning on clay all the time.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          If what you are saying is true then Roger should have been the one winning all the French Opens right? It's not logical that a baseliner grunter would be the one winning on clay all the time.
                          no one seems to be able to beat Rafa on clay, come on. My point is those guys have different styles

Comment

no one seems to be able to beat Rafa on clay, come on. My point is those guys have different styles
                            Yes. I understand that. I would just think that if Rafa were just a baseline grunter like Sampras he would never be winning on Clay. Clay is the ultimate Tennis surface. It exposes every aspect of a players game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Yes. I understand that. I would just think that if Rafa were just a baseline grunter like Sampras he would never be winning on Clay. Clay is the ultimate Tennis surface. It exposes every aspect of a players game.
                              Sampras was a baseline grunter?
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Sampras was a baseline grunter?
                                Didn't grunt persay but he was a baseline player. Never went to the net. Won the most on grass where it's all about power.

Comment

Working...
                                X