Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Today is 8 June 2012. There are 120 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Today is 8 June 2012. There are 120 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      RIP Nate - missed but not forgotten 6-8-09

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        Thought that occurred to me recently: anyone think that if RPI has another toilet of a regular season like they did this past one, that Appert will be shown the door? I know he's done a lot of good things for this program, but sometimes it's hard to see past a losing record and one of the worst regular seasons in program history... not trying to be pessimistic, but curious as to everyone's thoughts.
        My guess would be highly doubtful... considering the school just gave him a big six or seven year contract extension after the 2010-11 season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          RIP Nate - missed but not forgotten 6-8-09
          Time flies.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Congrats to Nick Bailen who, according to today's T/U, joins two other RPI STUDENT athletes named to something called the "Capital One Academic All-District At-Large Teams" Horrible award name, hard earned accomplishment. Well done !
            Here's RPI Athletics' article about it, which just appeared Wednesday: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
              Here's RPI Athletics' article about it, which just appeared Wednesday: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
              RPI Athletics does seem quite slow these days. I am still waiting for them to update the individual player pages linked from the roster to reflect the 11-12 season. In the past this was done before the end of the school year.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI Athletics does seem quite slow these days. I am still waiting for them to update the individual player pages linked from the roster to reflect the 11-12 season. In the past this was done before the end of the school year.
                We are indeed quite spoiled these days with the internet and technology. I remember having to try to get brief sports reports that I could sometimes here down here in NJ broadcast during the sports report on WGY radio. Used to have to look at the Tuesday NY Times sports section just to see the ECAC hockey standings.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                  and here's how it appeared on the ECAC site May 23....yeah, that's Bailen....on the bottom......all four lines, geesh. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2011-1..._All-Americans
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    If anything, three goaltenders means we'll be solid at that position because of the competition for ice time. We also don't have to put all our faith into one guy (like with York in 2010-11, and when he had his concussion, that pretty much led to our meltdown that season).
                    I can't see anything positive coming out of the three goalie situation. Every game, one scholarship goalie is going to be sitting. In the away games, they might no even make the trip. In the "room", each goaltender will have his following amongst the skaters.
                    Each of the goalies have professional ambitions and will not get the playing time they need to show off their skills.
                    I just don't like this whole situation. JMO
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I can't see anything positive coming out of the three goalie situation. Every game, one scholarship goalie is going to be sitting. In the away games, they might no even make the trip. In the "room", each goaltender will have his following amongst the skaters.
                      Each of the goalies have professional ambitions and will not get the playing time they need to show off their skills.
                      It's quite far down on my list of concerns. Also remember that SA was never the top goalie at FSU.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        We are indeed quite spoiled these days with the internet and technology. I remember having to try to get brief sports reports that I could sometimes here down here in NJ broadcast during the sports report on WGY radio. Used to have to look at the Tuesday NY Times sports section just to see the ECAC hockey standings.
                        Excellent point.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

Schott has quotes from Niagara's AD about the proposed rule changes.

Highlights:
                          - No hand passes in any zone
                          - "Recommendation" that conferences move to a 4v4 5-minute overtime
                          - Michigan State's "goal" in the Regionals will count in the future
                          - DQ penalties are reviewable (by the official that made the call)
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I'm with Ralph -its less than ideal, but certainly not tragic. Merriam is the heir apparent, but it would not surprise me at all if Diebold pushes him for major playing time. Kasdorf didn't have a good season in the USHL last year (admittedly, on a bad team). He will use his frosh year to grow physically and hone his skills...if he surprises and comes out on fire, then so much the better. Competition is good.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by WillOutDrinkYou View Post
                              O'Grady had surgery on hip this week. Believe he will be out 3 to 4 months but not certain if I heard right.
                              Wow, If you did hear right this could be bad news. Off season training will be very limited I would think and he might not be in game shape until new years. Wonder how much of the season he played with the bad hip?

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                                Wow, If you did hear right this could be bad news. Off season training will be very limited I would think and he might not be in game shape until new years. Wonder how much of the season he played with the bad hip?
                                I'm not sure if it was from during the season or not. I do know he tore a muscle in the hip and that is what he had the surgery to fix. Therefore, I want to say I did hear right that it will take 3 to 4 months to recover properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X