MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Let me repost my point again, and bolden the part that people are choosing to ignore.

In a world where UW is too good to play SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji (per UW fans) then the Gophers are derfinitely too good to play the Badgers.

I stand by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalangalang
      JDUBBS - So you don't want to play Wisconsin since they lack "tradition," are "lucky", have no "history," etc... My question is: Who can the all-mighty Golden Gophers actually play if Wisconsin doesn't have it?

SCSU...nope... only been around 20 years; therefore no history
      UMD...nope...got lucky and shouldn't have won their NCAA (joking to everyone but JDUBBS)
      Mankato State....nope....only been D1 10+ years...no history/tradition
      Bemidji...nope...only been D1 less than 10 years...
      UNO...nope...only been D1 less than 10 years...
      UND...nope...had Minnesota born players on their team(s) when won NCAAs

I guess MN's only option is to play MN! Maroon vs Gold all day, every day! Ooops that doesn't work either!!! They...heaven forbid...have a Wisconsin kid on the team.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to see your response since you are on my IGNORE list!
      If you don't know the context of a statement within a discussion, you can look rather foolish responding to that statement. Case in point, your post above.

And FYI.... Minnesota has had three wisconsin kids on their rosters in 91 years. Do the math.
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 04-27-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Let me repost my point again, and bolden the part that people are choosing to ignore.

In a world where UW is too good to play SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji (per UW fans) then the Gophers are derfinitely too good to play the Badgers.

I stand by that.
        Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Denver are too good to play Minnesota.
        National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
        two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
        b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
          Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Denver are too good to play Minnesota.
          Whoooooosh!!

Comment

Whoooooosh!!
            There is no whoosh. You're just wrong.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

There is no whoosh. You're just wrong.
              Whooooooooooooooosh!!!!

Comment

Whooooooooooooooosh!!!!
                Last word. Oh, and Minnesota, for all its history, doesn't have the most NCAA titles. Sounds like a history of underachieving to me. There, last word.

Comment

Last word. Oh, and Minnesota, for all its history, doesn't have the most NCAA titles. Sounds like a history of underachieving to me. There, last word.
                  Once again.... Whooooooosh!!!

Comment

Solo - Answer this, then we can talk about whether UW is worthy of playing UMN.
                    Is this subject really up for debate? Even if you want to argue the overall vs. record I guarantee if I'm a UW fan I don't give a flying eff. I love the Gophers, am proud of their history and love all of it but why the eff can't the fans of other programs be allowed to enjoy their own without you trying to take a dump on them?

Cripes, I love giving my Sconni friends crap as much as the next guy, but it's not only in good fun but carries with it mutual respect. If anything I give them credit for standing by such an, "inferior" product no matter what. (cc UW fans )

Should I stop being a Vikings fan because of all their choke jobs? God dammit, I love many of the fans of other programs I've met over the years and that is what makes so much of this so great. I just don't understand your intent or goal.

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                    It's not valid when Minnesota's hockey legacy is less than that of Wisconsin's, again, in case you are stupid, 6 NCAA Titles > 5 NCAA Titles.
                    That said I will argue against this. 6 is greater than 5, but UM has nothing to hide and should be right there regarding legacy. UW fans deserve their pride and so too UM fans.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-27-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Should I stop being a Vikings fan because of all their choke jobs?
                      Yes. For our sanity, we all should.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Once again.... Whooooooosh!!!
                        Wooooooosh
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Yes. For our sanity, we all should.
                          Case in point. I used to take this site too seriously at the beginning and Dirty was one of the fans that got to me. I actually learned to get a grip, accept the fact he's a fan just like me (ableit taller and less handsome) and for Parise sake it was much more fun to join 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            That said I will argue against this. 6 is greater than 5, but UM has nothing to hide and should be right there regarding legacy. UW fans deserve their pride and so too UM fans.
                            I believe that is just used to debunk JDOOSH's argument. Nobody would turn up their nose at 5 titles or your program's history.

It's just not 6 titles or OUR history.

Oh yeah, and with all due respect, go....

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              and yet, wisconsin is still the only school to have it's ncaa runner up banner taken away for cheating.
                              I don't follow you, are you talking about 1992? there wasn't any cheating there if so, there was just whole lot of childish bs from the Wisconsin players and coaching staff in regard to some really, really embarrassing officiating.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I don't follow you, are you talking about 1992? there wasn't any cheating there if so, there was just whole lot of childish bs from the Wisconsin players and coaching staff in regard to some really, really embarrassing officiating.
                                Actually, I believe there was an academically ineligible player or two or something like that.

I don't remember a runner's up banner though. Who the frick cares about being runner's up?

Maybe Minny has 6 of those banners up?

Comment

Working...
                                X