X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    You forgot: the most d-bag fans.
    OK, Sonny wins. Definitely the most of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      As long as we're asking people to answer questions, will Dubbs ever answer my question that was posed two weeks ago? Since you feel UND stole everything they have/use, how do you feel about Minnesota stealing their block M from Michigan?
      at least we didn't steal the ugly helmets.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

The "intensity" of the fanbase is on display every time I see Mariucci 1/3 empty, which lately, is every game there.
        There's no way it's that empty against UND, UW, or JBSU.

Also, the reasons for the empty seats posing as fans have been discussed at length on this board. However, unlike J-tard, I'm not going to bother rehashing them fifty times and demand opposing fans respond to inane questions all the while. I just don't care enough about what dead deer-humping paint thinner swill-drinking badger rapers think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          You don't get to pick and choose what is and isn't stolen or what schools your little idea applies to.

You said UND's current logo is pretty much the same as Chicago's and therefore it was stolen even though they are quite different. You used this as reasoning that UND has no tradition. Given this, Minnesota obviously stole the M from Michigan seeing as they are much more similar than UND/Chicago logos. Ergo Minnesota has no tradition. If one is considered stolen, so is the other and neither school therefore has any tradition.

As far as the UND/Notre Dame thing, you don't even have proof of which school used the logo first. I on the other hand have proof of Minnesota stealing Michigan's logo.
          I believe I made the distinctions pretty clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            You forgot: the most d-bag fans.

The "intensity" of the fanbase is on display every time I see Mariucci 1/3 empty, which lately, is every game there.

Before you retort, remember that YOU guys are the ones who call yourselves the State of Hockey and claim to have the best fans. Others don't say that about themselves.
            We also have FIVE division 1 schools. Add the averge attendance of all of those schools up and compare that to Wisconsin or North Dakota. Not to mention that we have an NHL team that averaged 17K+ last season and have high school games that draw 5K+ in the regular season and 130K+ for the state tourney.

College Hockey Attendance
            NHL Attendance

On any given Friday or Saturday we probably have 65,000-75,000 people paying to attend hockey games in Minnesota. Easy.

Remember, you brought "State of Hockey" into this, so it can't be just about the Gophers.

And BTW - Gophers averaged 9,539. That is hardly 1/3 empty.
            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 04-29-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              I believe I made the distinctions pretty clear.
              Yes, when the situations are very similar you won't apply your same standards to Minnesota. I figured that is what your response would be so thanks for confirming it. Have a wonderful day.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yes, when the situations are very similar you won't apply your same standards to Minnesota. I figured that is what your response would be so thanks for confirming it. Have a wonderful day.
                The situations aren't similar, and I explained why.

Comment

Before you retort, remember that YOU guys are the ones who call yourselves the State of Hockey and claim to have the best fans. Others don't say that about themselves.
                  Is it only in Wisconsin where...you not a fan if you're not actually attending games?

I don't know I'd say we have the best fans...but we have more fans with the Gophers, more among other programs and more at various levels of the sport which results in probably the greatest metro fanbase in the country.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                    The situations aren't similar, and I explained why.
                    I have heard a rumor that it is actually a stolen W.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I have heard a rumor that it is actually a stolen W.
                      If that's true, it's also OK. Because Minnesota is allowed to steal things without it affecting their tradition. It actually might even improve Wisconsin's tradition by being graced with having their logo stolen by their neighbors to the west.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Minnesota is so arrogant, even their Great Lake has to be "Superior".

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Good. I guess my point is that folks shouldn't let opposing fanbases dictate the grounds of discussion of greatness...which is based on many factors:

Total wins and losses
                          Head to head records
                          Its longevity, tradition and whether its 'storied' with things like the miracle on ice
                          The size of and intensity of its fanbase
                          The players...including their accomplishments after school

As a warm up, the Gophers have more players in the NHL than any other school, program, or team in the world...with about 25% more players than #2 program Michigan (CHL teams aren't even on the chart).

Its difficult to challenge the Gophers on almost any other single measure and impossible to do so on all measures.
                          quick q, where are you getting your numbers on NHL Players? all-time in the NHL over the last 60-70 years? or is it the current year? UW had 22 guys play in the SHOW this year
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Please don't view my comments as agreeing with JDUBBS in regards to method or even what I perceive to be his apparant disrespect for what the Wisconsin hockey program has accomplished over the years but I do agree with him indirectly on what I feel he's trying to convey. There are several ways to measure a program against the competition. One of those, and I'll agree the most prominant, is the number of national championships won. However, I believe it is completely inaccurate and misleading to judge a program on this factor only. For the sake of arguement, let's say the current score is UW 6 - UMN 5 and ignore the non-NCAA championships UMN won. Maybe biased, but I believe if you factor all accomplishments into the equation, I will argue the UMN program has outperformed the UW program since the beginning. UMN holds the advantage in every other category. NCAA titles are the most elite of the factors but when UMN has a significant advantage in every other category, I'm not sure how one finds it reasonable to decide UMN hasn't been the better program. No disrespect to UW's accomplishments. I just believe they fall short of UMN's.

What is annoying to Gopher fans is Badger fans never seem to agree with this because they stand behind the number of NCAA Championships won. However, if I bring up to those disagreeing Badger fans that by their logic the Gopher football program is better than the Badger football program, I'm told that that's different. I don't know what the overall head to head football record is for UMN vs. UW but UMN has the advantage. Also, UMN has 6 NCAA football titles to UW's zero. I think UMN even has many more Big Ten Championships but I'm not certain. Even with all of that, I'll still argue that UW's football program is better than UMN's because I believe there are more factors with UW coming out on top. You can cherry pick anything you want to prove your point. However, if you're a reasonable person and view things as objectively as possible, I'm not sure its reasonable to say UW hockey has been better than UMN and UMN football has been better than UW. Getting a Badger fan to use that same line of thinking in regards to the hockey programs has proven to be an attempt at futility. That's what annoys me and that's what I perceive annoys JDUBBS.

Just my .02. Now carry on with the JDUBBS bashing.
                            Last edited by skiumah2; 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM. Reason: Spelled JDUBBS wrong. (JUDUBBS)
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Ski yo momma!
                            Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                            Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              quick q, where are you getting your numbers on NHL Players? all-time in the NHL over the last 60-70 years? or is it the current year? UW had 22 guys play in the SHOW this year
                              No prob: University of Minnesota
                              Players drafted into the NHL: 159

Legendary coach Herb Brooks deserves a truck load of credit for building the Golden Gophers into the perpetual national powerhouse they have become over the years. Brooks, in addition to his three national championships in Minneapolis, coached the United States Olympic hockey team to a gold medal in 1980, leading the infamous Miracle on Ice and sealing his legendary status, putting Gopher hockey on the map for good.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness...#ixzz1tT67rO8e
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

If that's true, it's also OK. Because Minnesota is allowed to steal things without it affecting their tradition. It actually might even improve Wisconsin's tradition by being graced with having their logo stolen by their neighbors to the west.
                                We don't steal traditions, we make them

Comment

Working...
                                X