This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Notre Dame wanted to join the NCHC but wasn't willing to concede on the TV issue or the number of games.
    So in other words, they didn't wanna join the NCHC.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Notre Dame wanted to join the NCHC but wasn't willing to concede on the TV issue or the number of games.
      Can't blame them either. Having to give up their nice deal with NBC Sports for the NCHC's TV deal? Yeah, I can see why they didn't join.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        So in other words, they didn't wanna join the NCHC.
        What if the name is changed to Notre Dame Hockey Conference and all TV broadcasts (regardless if ND is playing, but lets be honest, why would you be watching if ND isn't playing) begin with highlights of Notre Dame hockey and throw some football ones in there for good measure. The logo for the league can be Joe Montana's handsome smiling face with a hockey stick under it.

Then after all that happens and Notre Dame agrees to join, perhaps the other 8 teams leave to form the once prestigious and historic NCHC.

Comment

Here's a tought... For better flexibility B12 and WCHA share refs
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
            Can't blame them either. Having to give up their nice deal with NBC Sports for the NCHC's TV deal? Yeah, I can see why they didn't join.
            UND did it, so why couldn't Notre Dame copy them? Blah.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
              I would recommend that Shegos, Derek Shepherd, Greg Shepherd, Brad Shepherd, Todd Anderson, Marco Hunt, Don Adam be sent to the B1G.
              Agreed. What a bunch of slugs. However, they have name recognition, so they should be with the Little Six.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

The big difference between NHL playoff refereeing this year versus WCHA over the past decade is the absence of the "make-up" call. The NHL games have much better flow.

The other area that I'd like to see addressed is chopping 30 minutes of fluff off of college hockey game nights. Long national anthems, replays after every goal, 5 minutes or more of junk between periods, conferences between refs & coaches, refs and captains, refs and each other.

I'd move the national anthem to before warm-ups. Shorten the time between periods. And look to save time elsewhere.

I'd also go back to one ref and two linesmen and pay the refs more to try and improve quality.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

The big difference between NHL playoff refereeing this year versus WCHA over the past decade is the absence of the "make-up" call. The NHL games have much better flow.

The other area that I'd like to see addressed is chopping 30 minutes of fluff off of college hockey game nights. Long national anthems, replays after every goal, 5 minutes or more of junk between periods, conferences between refs & coaches, refs and captains, refs and each other.

I'd move the national anthem to before warm-ups. Shorten the time between periods. And look to save time elsewhere.

I'd also go back to one ref and two linesmen and pay the refs more to try and improve quality.
                  Got somewhere to be Sparky?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

It's probably just a convenience thing. If we've learned one thing about DU fans it's that they don't like having to attend games. The less time Pioneer fans have to suffer watching hockey, the better.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I just checked out a half dozen non-overtime random DU games this season over at www.collegehockeystats.net. They're all around 2:30.

Then I went back to 2004-05 and they are all around 2:13.

The NFL shortened their games and NCAA football followed suit recently.

If you want to grow the game, get people in and out of the arena in around 2 hours.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        They were supposed to announce the hiring of a commish at the Frozen Four but I guess that didn't happen.

Wasn't the commish hired in January?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...key-conference
                        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I just checked out a half dozen non-overtime random DU games this season over at www.collegehockeystats.net. They're all around 2:30.

Then I went back to 2004-05 and they are all around 2:13.

The NFL shortened their games and NCAA football followed suit recently.

If you want to grow the game, get people in and out of the arena in around 2 hours.
                          wow. and to think we call OT - "bonus hockey". but of course you DU folks have so many other things to do ...
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            wow. and to think we call OT - "bonus hockey". but of course you DU folks have so many other things to do ...
                            65 minutes of "hockey" is fine. Its all the other crap that's slowing down the game.

Slower games mean less fourth line shifts, less flow to the game, probably less goals and more micro-management by the coaches.
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                              Wasn't the commish hired in January?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...key-conference
                              Yes, but we are talking about the Director of Hockey Operations
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Last season UND lead the nation in attendance.

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=13500

North Dakota led the nation in total attendance (419,981) and average attendance (9,999.5) for all games - which includes home, away and neutral - and also led the country in total home attendance (249,501).

The WCHA schools transfering into the NCHA all have facilities with capacities of 5,763 or more. Also St. Cloud State which had the smallest capacity of 5763 has plans to add seating.

I understand that Western Michigan (3,667 Capicity) and Miami (3,200 capacity) have good hockey programs but it seems their facilities are not up to par. Any plans for expanded seating at Western Michigan or Miami?
                                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Working...
                                X