This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    You're going to make some Ivy Leaguer spit out his top shelf alcohol and pricey cigar if you repeat that in front of him.
    Or someone from the South with a pack of Lucky Strikes and a glass of moonshine.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Or someone from the South with a pack of Lucky Strikes and a glass of moonshine.
      Proper moonshine is drank straight from a re-used bottle of bottom shelf hooch with the label ripped off.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post
        The NCHC has a huge advantage over the Big en in that it can essentially cherry pick who it does and doesn't want in the league.
        Wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Wait, what?
          He also said "premier"... I suppose that means third nowadays... hard to keep up with kids these days.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

You're going to make some Ivy Leaguer spit out his top shelf alcohol and pricey cigar if you repeat that in front of him.
            I should have been more clear, "It is the oldest conference and most prestigious athletic conference in the country." Is that better?
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Official Conference logo.

*****http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2wnpbrDji1qbu8e6o1_400.gif******
              I prefer this one:

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v243/angstypenguin/HatersGonnaHate-LeonardoDiCaprio-1.jpg******
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Do you (or anyone) know who pays the most for refs now?
                The gophers?

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                  The gophers?
                  Nice

My thoughts are that the WCHA pays the most, but it is purely a guess. If that is the case, then clearly more $$ does not equal better refs, destroying 4four4's thesis that the B1G will spend the most and thus have the best refs. Now, if the WCHA pays the least (or more towards the bottom), then 4four4 has a good thesis.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Refs will be marginal until a conference can afford full time officials.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Refs will be marginal until a conference can afford full time officials.
                      If I was the NCHC or WCHA, I would work with the USHL to reach some agreement outsource the leagues officiating needs to the USHL professional officials and remain in compliance with the NCAA regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        When are they going to announce the hiring of the Director of Hockey operations?

No idea on how the reffing and schedule will work out.

Great thread title . I would have also accepted: Haters welcome.
                        They were supposed to announce the hiring of a commish at the Frozen Four but I guess that didn't happen.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          You are absolutely correct. IMO, since the Big Ten will pay the best the best college refs likely will want to ref in the Big Ten.
                          I would recommend that Shegos, Derek Shepherd, Greg Shepherd, Brad Shepherd, Todd Anderson, Marco Hunt, Don Adam be sent to the B1G.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

The refereeing is not going to get any better.

How many refs will the Big Ten even need? Most weekends only three crews are going to be utilized. If the Big Ten plays games during the week, how many refs will be able to leave their jobs in the middle of the week for a $250 gig? Would you rather be the #4 ref in the Big Ten and sit home most weekends or #1 in the NCHC?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post

The NCHC has a huge advantage over the Big Ten in that it can essentially cherry pick who it does and doesn't want in the league.
                              Apparently Notre Dame didn't get the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                                Apparently Notre Dame didn't get the memo?
                                Notre Dame wanted to join the NCHC but wasn't willing to concede on the TV issue or the number of games.

Comment

Working...
                                X