This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    If you don't have a team here you should be posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't work.
    At work and posting from my phone... You know my phone is smaller than a deck of playing cards and all it does is receive and transmit signals from space, but do you think it could allow me to post good links to USCHO to You Tube? Oh hell nah!
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      You are absolutely correct. IMO, since the Big Ten will pay the best the best college refs likely will want to ref in the Big Ten.
      Ooh... you'll love Scott Hansen... refereed in the 2002 Olympics... top notch.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        The only reason I want TargetCenter is because it is so close to where I live. Plus I would not mind going to all the sweet bars down there. I've heard good things about Omaha and wouldn't mind it bring there. I do not want it in Colorado. I imagine they will rotate it around until they find a place that works the best.
        Target Center SUCKS for hockey. SUCKS. I've seen a game or two there. Horrible for hockey.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I went to Omaha for both series since they joined the WCHA, its a great time but you'll have to wait a year, we won't travel there this coming year.
          Then my friends are morons.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Then my friends are morons.
            They're not called The Helmet Kids for nothin'.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We played them twice their first year and then went there this past so UNO is due to come to Cloud. I posted our tentative schedule in the 2012-2013, though there is a disagreement with whether we host RPI or go to the Catamount Cup to close out the 2012 year.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I'm still thrown off by the fact that there's a Pochmara in the NHL, since his brother is a CCHA doofus.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

since the Big Ten will pay the best the best college refs likely will want to ref in the Big Ten
                  I don't know if this is based on fact or pure speculation but I doubt that the NCHC is going to play second banana to anyone in college hockey least of all to the Big Ten. The NCHC sees themselves as the premier conference in college hockey. They will pay what is needed to improve/keep high the image of the league.

The NCHC has a huge advantage over the Big Ten in that it can essentially cherry pick who it does and doesn't want in the league. This would help improve the quality of play and image of the NCHC. If Illinois decided to start a hockey program, they know they have membership in the the Big Ten and the Big Ten would essentially have to take them as is. Even if the quality of play and arena was not up to the level of the other teams in the Big Ten, the Big Ten would have to admit them. In my opinion, this could dilute the quality of the league. What is your motivation to strive for quality, when you know you have already have admission?

The NCHC on the other hand could tell any new program looking to join that it needs to meet certain criteria before it would be admitted.

As for where the NCHC tournament should be played, I say it comes down to Omaha and Denver due to the fact that they have arenas big enough. I can't see the NCHC going to St. Paul because I believe that NCHC would see that as them being second banana to the Big Ten. If I was the NCHC, I would want to get as far away from the things that characterized the WCHA and Big Ten as I could. One advanatge Denver may have is that the league is based out of Colorado Springs. One advantage Omaha may have over Denver is that Omaha does not have a pro team in their arena so the scheduling may be easier. Would the Avs and Nuggets be willing to essentially go on the road for essentially a week right in the middle of their drive to improve position for the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post
                    I don't know if this is based on fact or pure speculation but I doubt that the NCHC is going to play second banana to anyone in college hockey least of all to the Big Ten. The NCHC sees themselves as the premier conference in college hockey. They will pay what is needed to improve/keep high the image of the league.

The NCHC has a huge advantage over the Big Ten in that it can essentially cherry pick who it does and doesn't want in the league. This would help improve the quality of play and image of the NCHC. If Illinois decided to start a hockey program, they know they have membership in the the Big Ten and the Big Ten would essentially have to take them as is. Even if the quality of play and arena was not up to the level of the other teams in the Big Ten, the Big Ten would have to admit them. In my opinion, this could dilute the quality of the league. What is your motivation to strive for quality, when you know you have already have admission?

The NCHC on the other hand could tell any new program looking to join that it needs to meet certain criteria before it would be admitted.

As for where the NCHC tournament should be played, I say it comes down to Omaha and Denver due to the fact that they have arenas big enough. I can't see the NCHC going to St. Paul because I believe that NCHC would see that as them being second banana to the Big Ten. If I was the NCHC, I would want to get as far away from the things that characterized the WCHA and Big Ten as I could. One advanatge Denver may have is that the league is based out of Colorado Springs. One advantage Omaha may have over Denver is that Omaha does not have a pro team in their arena so the scheduling may be easier. Would the Avs and Nuggets be willing to essentially go on the road for essentially a week right in the middle of their drive to improve position for the playoffs?
                    I thought yesterday was 4/20.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      I thought yesterday was 4/20.
                      for the win
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Now that I'm at a computer, here's what I tried to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSUo8iPp4M

And Biddy, the reason I didn't title this thread "Haters Welcome" is because who the hell welcomed them?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Now that I'm at a computer, here's what I tried to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSUo8iPp4M

And Biddy, the reason I didn't title this thread "Haters Welcome" is because who the hell welcomed them?
                          Perfect video!

As for what will happen in the future in Mavericks post... We just don't know what will happen until a few years down the line.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Official Conference logo.

*****http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2wnpbrDji1qbu8e6o1_400.gif******
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post

You make great points but they are still not the Big Ten. It is still the oldest and most prestigious conference in the country.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                You make great points but they are still not the Big Ten. It is still the oldest and most prestigious conference in the country.
                                You're going to make some Ivy Leaguer spit out his top shelf alcohol and pricey cigar if you repeat that in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X