Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012 Miami Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    ONN going off the air August 31. Wonder if we will be able to find a new home for our games.

Also means All Access will in all likelihood become a one camera operation with no replay or zoom. Joy.
    So sad. I guess even the significant Miami Hockey broadcast revenue couldn't make the station sustainable :-P

Hopefully with the new All-Access through NeuLion we'll get a better quality video feed.
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
      So sad. I guess even the significant Miami Hockey broadcast revenue couldn't make the station sustainable :-P
      I'm shocked I tell you, shocked! Whatever will Miami ISP and McCullough-Hyde do with those massive advertising budgets now that their presenting sponsorship opportunity has been eliminated?!

73 days to go...maybe we'll get a captain announcement in the coming weeks to stem the feeling that time is standing still this offseason.

Comment

More alum news
        http://www.sarampage.com/team/news/?article_id=1978

VAIVE signs 1 year deal with San Antonio Rampage. While terms of the deal aren't disclosed I would have to guess it's a two way contract with the Cincinnati Cyclones.
        Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM.
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post

Hopefully with the new All-Access through NeuLion we'll get a better quality video feed.
          Doubtful considering they just moved to a new awful website for athletics. Next it will look like the nmu site (no offense wildcats)

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Doubtful considering they just moved to a new awful website for athletics. Next it will look like the nmu site (no offense wildcats)
            The NeuLion platform looks somewhat decent for all the other schools utilizing it, I guess it shouldn't suprise anyone that our athletic department managed to **** it up.

http://www.lsusports.net/
            http://www.aggieathletics.com/
            http://www.cmuchippewas.com/

Comment

http://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.co...12/7-26-12.php

Joyaux (the Younger) on opening day roster, no surprise there. I want to know when the guy below him is going to make a college announcement.

Comment

Yes, wonder when Wingels (the Younger) will be making a decision.

Scanning through the rest of that Chicago Steel roster I saw the name Danny Fetzer. Would be willing to take a wild guess and say he is related to alum Charlie Fetzer.
                2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                  Yes, wonder when Wingels (the Younger) will be making a decision.
                  If he is even half as good as his brother I would be thrilled to have him.

Comment

Miami submitted a bid to host a 2014 regional at US Bank.

Link
                    Last edited by MUhawks628; 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      Miami submitted a bid to host a 2014 regional at US Bank.

Link
                      Just watch out when drilling for the moorings.....

Comment

• Well they hosted the worst Frozen Four ever, so why not

Comment

• Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          Just watch out when drilling for the moorings.....
                          Need to neutralize the HEA teams' speed somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
                            Well they hosted the worst Frozen Four ever, so why not
                            that is very true, but it should be noted that an extensive rennovation has been done to USBA since then and it's been under new rink managment so I doubt there be a repeat of those issues. Additionally, the entertainment options in the immediate arena area have been significantly improved. Be a much better fan experience

Comment

Anyone know what happened to the Top 58 Programs thread? I haven't been back here for a while and wondered where it went. I was curious to see how Miami would fare given it is over the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                                Anyone know what happened to the Top 58 Programs thread? I haven't been back here for a while and wondered where it went. I was curious to see how Miami would fare given it is over the last 10 years.
                                Priceless (the thread creator) is taking a break from USCHO due to a personal attack in the cafe.. I think he deleted all his threads.

I was really curious too. Miami probably had one of the largest jumps!

Comment

Working...
                                X