Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Originally posted by fslug View Post
    OK-the season ended on a down note and the final polls mean little or nothing except if you're Yale...However c'mon how in the world can BC be ranked ahead of Union?! (9th vs. 10th) I understand it's competition and quality wins and all that blah blah. That game was not just a 5-1 win. It was a thrashing! Frustrating!
    flsug- welcome! Always nice to have more U fans on this thread. You may want to go to the following thread to follow off-season chatter http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...d-That-was-fun...

As for the polls, explain how 3 USCHO Poll voters gave Qpac 1st place votes over Yale!! I guess beating them 4-0 and beating 2 other #1 seeds wasn't convincing enough. Polls are always very subjective and will have strange anomalies. They are nice to brag (or complain) about, but not much more. In this case I'll just take the positive that U finished in the top 10, which makes 2 straight seasons doing so, and the satisfaction of a great win over the defending NC.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
      flsug- welcome! Always nice to have more U fans on this thread. You may want to go to the following thread to follow off-season chatter http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...d-That-was-fun...

As for the polls, explain how 3 USCHO Poll voters gave Qpac 1st place votes over Yale!! I guess beating them 4-0 and beating 2 other #1 seeds wasn't convincing enough. Polls are always very subjective and will have strange anomalies. They are nice to brag (or complain) about, but not much more. In this case I'll just take the positive that U finished in the top 10, which makes 2 straight seasons doing so, and the satisfaction of a great win over the defending NC.
      You can make the case, though, that the season series was 3-1 in favor of Q.

Comment

Working...
      X