Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

  1. #1
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652

    Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Happens every year with this 4pm game
    Thank god for espn3

  2. #2
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    76,211

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Happens every year with this 4pm game
    Thank god for espn3
    Awesome. I hope it goes into quadruple OT.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Why thank god for ESPN3? They're the morons making it harder for anyone to see these games!

  4. #4
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    76,211

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Oh, look we joined a hockey playoff game already in progress.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  5. #5
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Is there really a bigger market in lacrosse then hockey?

  6. #6
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
    Why thank god for ESPN3? They're the morons making it harder for anyone to see these games!
    Because with espn3 I was able to see the start of the game and the BC goal

  7. #7
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    Is there really a bigger market in lacrosse then hockey?
    Tv ratings say yes

  8. #8
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    23,327

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Tv ratings say yes
    I just cannot believe this!! I'm moving to Canada!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Tv ratings say yes
    Where? lol.

    I don't think professional LAX outdraws the NHL...not at all.

  10. #10
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Where lacrosse is their official national sport? Even over hockey...

  11. #11
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    23,327

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Where lacrosse is their official national sport? Even over hockey...
    no way
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  12. #12
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,846

    Smile Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Well it's hard for hockey to get any ratings on ESPN when it's never shown on ESPN.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  13. #13
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Yes. It was a cutesy way of Canada claiming hockey's birthplace over Russia's claim

  14. #14
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Well it's hard for hockey to get any ratings on ESPN when it's never shown on ESPN.
    Because ESPN doesn't want it on the mother ship. And it got putrid ratings compared to chick hoops and poker reruns

  15. #15
    GO BOBCATS!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    I'm not sure what the remedy is for this. They do this with almost every college sport they cover. The game before Virginia/Hopkins also went long, causing them to join that game in progress. This is how they schedule sports at ESPN.

    And, correct me if I'm wrong, but ESPNU is showing over seven hours of college hockey today, compared to four hours of college lacrosse. They got unlucky with the game going into OT. If it doesn't go to OT, they're at the hockey game less than 5 minutes late. Not much you can do about a game going into OT.

    If the college hockey game was on ESPN or ESPN2, the same thing probably happens. They're ALWAYS airing live games in a block like this on weekends. Sometimes, those games go long. The only thing you can do is delay the start of the hockey game until the lacrosse game ends, but then you're going to have to push the 6:30 game and the 9:00 game back, too. Not sure they want to do that, either.

    Let me also add that the quality of the ESPN3 stream, at least on my connection, is virtually HDTV quality.
    Last edited by ZYanksRule; 03-24-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    framingham, ma
    Posts
    5,313

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Because with espn3 I was able to see the start of the game and the BC goal
    Yeah, though I'll have to admit I'd rather watch in HD on a widescreen TV than grainy on my laptop screen.

  17. #17
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by CLS View Post
    Yeah, though I'll have to admit I'd rather watch in HD on a widescreen TV than grainy on my laptop screen.
    I have playon thru my ps3. Looked like a great hd stream on my big screen


    But I certainly see your point

  18. #18
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    76,211

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I'm not sure what the remedy is for this. They do this with almost every college sport they cover. The game before Virginia/Hopkins also went long, causing them to join that game in progress. This is how they schedule sports at ESPN.

    And, correct me if I'm wrong, but ESPNU is showing over seven hours of college hockey today, compared to four hours of college lacrosse. They got unlucky with the game going into OT. If it doesn't go to OT, they're at the hockey game less than 5 minutes late. Not much you can do about a game going into OT.

    If the college hockey game was on ESPN or ESPN2, the same thing probably happens. They're ALWAYS airing live games in a block like this on weekends. Sometimes, those games go long. The only thing you can do is delay the start of the hockey game until the lacrosse game ends, but then you're going to have to push the 6:30 game and the 9:00 game back, too. Not sure they want to do that, either.
    It's called dual screen. OR you put the game that matters on and show updates to the other one. The game that mattered is the hockey game it's the playoffs for cripes sake. I bet Basketball playoff games don't get cut off.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  19. #19
    Registered Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's called dual screen. OR you put the game that matters on and show updates to the other one. The game that mattered is the hockey game it's the playoffs for cripes sake. I bet Basketball playoff games don't get cut off.
    This is a great point. In years past they utilized ESPN classic or news for over runs. Not this year. Boo for that

  20. #20
    GO BOBCATS!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Looks like another long Lacrosse preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's called dual screen. OR you put the game that matters on and show updates to the other one. The game that mattered is the hockey game it's the playoffs for cripes sake. I bet Basketball playoff games don't get cut off.
    When has ESPN EVER done that? I've never seen them go to a game in the first period over a game in OT. Because you're a hockey fan, you want the hockey game and who cares about the other game. Well, the other game was actually a really good game that went into OT. That's the protocol they follow.

    The big complaint I think we should have is that they could have asked the hockey game to delay their start until lacrosse is over. They've done that with a college basketball game on ESPNU before. It was done during the Bracketbusters thing ESPN does.

    I don't know if the NCAA would allow them to do that in a Tournament game, though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •