Frozen Four Tampa Information Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Tampa Information Thread

Hello big hockey fan here, but new to the board and new to college hockey. This will be my first college hockey games to attend. Anyway, I saw a post weeks ago here about there being a lack of information about the Frozen Four in Tampa and I figured since I am a season ticket holder to the Lightning and know the area and our arena pretty darn well. I would be more than happy to help you all out with questions you may have.

So just ask and I will try to help.

Re: Frozen Four Tampa Information Thread

Originally posted by rtshark View Post
    Hello big hockey fan here, but new to the board and new to college hockey. This will be my first college hockey games to attend. Anyway, I saw a post weeks ago here about there being a lack of information about the Frozen Four in Tampa and I figured since I am a season ticket holder to the Lightning and know the area and our arena pretty darn well. I would be more than happy to help you all out with questions you may have.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

What would you say are the "must see" attractions or things to do in the Tampa Area for someone who has never been to Tampa before?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by rtshark View Post

Hope that the Frozen Four will give you a great intro to college hockey! If you go to the USCHO cafe forum, there is actually already a thread that has been started for things to do in Tampa, you can probably go check that out and chime in. Thanks for the offer to give insight!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

What would you say are the "must see" attractions or things to do in the Tampa Area for someone who has never been to Tampa before?
        "Must do" may depend on if you are looking for family fun or adult fun. The Tampa area has no shortage of either. Off the top of my head I would say Busch Gardens and Rays baseball are great family fun. Then there are more bars and gentlemens clubs than you could ever imagine in the general area too.

Anyway, I wandered over to the "Things to Do in Tampa" thread over at the cafe to answer questions there.

Comment

If you enjoy the frozen four, and you don't mind a little bit of driving on 75, you should know that there is a holiday tournament every year in Estero (just outside Naples). It's never actually on a holiday - it's after Christmas and before New Years.

It's really low-key, especially compared to the frozen four, but it's a good time.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I just like how your name is dam close to roboshark!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees at Tropicana Field on April 6.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees at Tropicana Field on April 6.
                Opening Day---sold out
                Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Originally posted by ScottA View Post
                  Opening Day---sold out
                  Stubhub is an option and ticket scalping is LEGAL in Florida. There are always plenty of streetside salesmen for any event in Florida.

Comment

Actually, the stubhub prices aren't that much more than I paid through ticketmaster - at least for some of the sections.

It's not like tickets for opening day v New York were cheap to begin with...
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Looks like it was already found, but there's a good thread over in the Cafe- http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-You-re-Dead)

Comment

Working...
                      X