Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Sioux-Broncos in the early game on Saturday.
    Gophers-Terriers in the late game Saturday.

This should be a very good regional, and the crowd should be fantastic.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Bring it, you eastern pansies.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Hai guyz!
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Hai guyz!
        Yeah, you're not gonna last. I'm sorry for your loss (I really am; *ing Whioux)
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This bracket has a combined 17 National Titles in it...

Midwest Regional: 18 Titles
          Northeast Regional: 7 Titles
          East Regional: 3 Titles

Also, the West Regional winner matches up with the Northeast Regional winner.
          North Dakota

Comment

This regional is so good we needed two threads.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Pssh, there's a couple 1st round games that are always "Where the f did that come from?"

Hope the dice come up snake eyes.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                This bracket has a combined 17 National Titles in it...

Midwest Regional: 18 Titles
                Northeast Regional: 7 Titles
                East Regional: 3 Titles

Also, the West Regional winner matches up with the Northeast Regional winner.
                West Regional = Bracket of Death? East Regional = UMD's regional last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bentover View Post
                  At least you guys won't have to play on Friday, that has to be a major relief.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

And a potential BC-UND F4 matchup is possible.

If MN doesn't go.......I want to see BC feed on UND's trail of tears yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      This regional is so good we needed two threads.

FWIW, this thread was started 6 minutes prior to the other thread...
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        And a potential BC-UND F4 matchup is possible.

If MN doesn't go.......I want to see BC feed on UND's trail of tears yet again.
                        There is always a potential BC-UND Frozen Four matchup it seems. That being said, this North Dakota team should not be seen as the favorite. They are playing 17 guys, and have zero depth. The only way we get to Tampa is if Dell stands on his head.
                        North Dakota

Comment

FWIW, this thread was started 6 minutes prior to the other thread...
                          Yeah this looks like the thread that will win out.

I'm really glad the Gophers don't have to play on a Friday, although the 1st and 2nd period Gophers weren't too shabby the other night.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is always a potential BC-UND Frozen Four matchup it seems. That being said, this North Dakota team should not be seen as the favorite. They are playing 17 guys, and have zero depth. The only way we get to Tampa is if Dell stands on his head.
                            That's what I was thinking. I fully have no expectations, even as a one seed, of anything. I'm just gonna watch, and pray to God I like the outcome.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              Yeah this looks like the thread that will win out.

I'm really glad the Gophers don't have to play on a Friday, although the 1st and 2nd period Gophers weren't too shabby the other night.
                              I've never seen a game like that. Minnesota absolutely killed North Dakota for 35 minutes, and then Hakstol took a timeout. The difference in the game was that Dell kept UND in the game when Minnesota was dominating, and Patterson was the biggest sieve in the world when North Dakota started to control play. IF (big if) these two sides meet up in the Regional Final, I think we'll see a significantly closer game...something along the lines of the Saturday game at Mariucci or the Friday game at the Ralph.

That being said, I just hope UND can keep their focus on Western, play their game, and make it to the Regional Final.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X