UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Well, the Huskies sports scene is dominated currently by the little matter of beating Florida for the second time this year -- this time in the Final Four -- and whether or not the UConn Women can again hold serve tonight and possibly next weekend.

But let's talk college hockey instead. Can we get some predictions for a RS finish next year by the Huskies?

I'll start it off and invite the wrath, ridicule, and flames of established HE observers and predict 10th. As soon as the HE cognoscenti read this, I am sure that the laughs will be heard from Orono to South Bend. Yes, with league points there for the taking, the Huskies will no longer be seeing any back-up goaltenders and fifth lines. The opposition will be playing for real. But let's see what happens.

Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Well, the Huskies sports scene is dominated currently by the little matter of beating Florida for the second time this year -- this time in the Final Four -- and whether or not the UConn Women can again hold serve tonight and possibly next weekend.

But let's talk college hockey instead. Can we get some predictions for a RS finish next year by the Huskies?

I'll start it off and invite the wrath, ridicule, and flames of established HE observers and predict 10th. As soon as the HE cognoscenti read this, I am sure that the laughs will be heard from Orono to South Bend. Yes, with league points there for the taking, the Huskies will no longer be seeing any back-up goaltenders and fifth lines. The opposition will be playing for real. But let's see what happens.
    Tied with Mack . But welcome aboard and here's to your team adding to new rivalries

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
      Tied with Mack . But welcome aboard and here's to your team adding to new rivalries
      Thanks. Should be fun. And we UConn fans will be eager to get to the HE venues for the bigtime experience. So that should be fun too.

Comment

And I'm excited to see Maine play closer to me more often (assuming they get their act together on the road).
        Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
          Thanks. Should be fun. And we UConn fans will be eager to get to the HE venues for the bigtime experience. So that should be fun too.
          You should make yourself at home and angrily deride either UVM or UML in one of those delightful tete-a-tetes they have every season.

That always goes well.
          I always assumed that when HE went to 12 teams, they'd have travel partners like the ECAC. That's probably not the case since nothing is near South Bend, Burlington or Orono.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            You should make yourself at home and angrily deride either UVM or UML in one of those delightful tete-a-tetes they have every season.

That always goes well.
            Grew up in a UVM family and son went to Union during the Sneddon era. So that is not a likely avenue. And UML graciously came to our tournament as well as scheduled us during the RS. UM-A likewise. Providence had the good grace to lose to us this year despite taking something like 50+ shots. So no go there.

I don't think we're gonna fit in too well in HE. We don't really trash talk about other teams. We have a tendency to wring our hands about our own team's lack of consistency and get overly excited when the Huskies upset someone. When the latter happens, we immediately raise the bar and demand that it happen every time. I am probably one of the worst in that regard.

Comment

10th will be a successful season for UConn...I was impressed with your squad in the PC game as the kids played hard and took advantage of the chances they got!
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                10th will be a successful season for UConn...I was impressed with your squad in the PC game as the kids played hard and took advantage of the chances they got!
                Totally agree.

Comment

Any more rink news?
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Any more rink news?
                    I believe they are playing all hockey east games in Hartford
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Was wondering more about a new on campus facility.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Was wondering more about a new on campus facility.
                        Others here know more than me, but sooner rather than later is what we are hearing. Advantages to both XL and Storrs. More restaurants/bars downtown but the barn will be too big for awhile.

Comment

Welcome to HE Huskies! Looking forward to seeing the UConn v UNH matchups...anyone know the schedule yet for next year for this? See ya at the Lake 'Whitt!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

what went wrong with the huskies down the stretch this year?

Comment

Welcome to Hockey East guys! I have a feeling that you guys will be one of the sleeper teams that will sneak up and pull off upsets and climb the ladder quietly. Either way can't wait to see you guys over at the Tsongas!
                              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Working...
                              X