Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA + AHA + ASU = BETTER (for all)

here is an idea...

i am playing the agitator. but i do feel the WCHA and AHA need to shake things up to not only keep things from getting boring but also make the conferences better (as is, its no good).

between the WCHA, the AHA, and ASU you have a total of 22 teams.

have AHA give up AF... so they can go down from 11 to 10 teams making scheduling and traveling much easier and cheaper - all AHA teams would be really close to each other. AF and army can still have their bouts in the likes of the governors cup that UAF and UAA fight for every year, but in a NC way. call it the military cup.

the AHA has now 10 teams, they are set. now have ASU and AF join the WCHA making it 12.

travel in the WCHA is a big issue so create three mini-regions;

west - UAF/UAA/AF/ASU
    central - MNSU/BSU/MTU/NMU
    east - LSSU/FSU/BGSU/UAH

play most of your games within your region and make sure to schedule games with the other two with a rotation every year. keep things simple opening up more (then now) NC games with teams around you. as an example west could play DU and CC, central can play UofMN and SCSU, and east can play MSU and MIAMI.

top two from each region moves on, together with two wild cards based on record.

maybe seed the eight teams based on the PWR? could make it exciting for it involves the NC record.

reduce travel, same money, save time, and play more NC games.

take a d*** chance, do it. DO IT!

this here is interesting and relevant;

https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/06/2...ule-exemption/

GO TECH GOLD!
    Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 04-18-2019, 08:14 PM.

Re: WCHA + AHA + ASU = BETTER (for all)

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
    here is an idea...

i am playing the agitator. but i do feel the WCHA and AHA need to shake things up to not only keep things from getting boring but also make the conferences better (as is, its no good).

between the WCHA, the AHA, and ASU you have a total of 22 teams.

have AHA give up AF... so they can go down from 11 to 10 teams making scheduling and traveling much easier and cheaper - all AHA teams would be really close to each other. AF and army can still have their bouts in the likes of the governors cup that UAF and UAA fight for every year, but in a NC way. call it the military cup.

the AHA has now 10 teams, they are set. now have ASU and AF join the WCHA making it 12.

travel in the WCHA is a big issue so create three mini-regions;

west - UAF/UAA/AF/ASU
    central - MNSU/BSU/MTU/NMU
    east - LSSU/FSU/BGSU/UAH

play most of your games within your region and make sure to schedule games with the other two with a rotation every year. keep things simple opening up more (then now) NC games with teams around you. as an example west could play DU and CC, central can play UofMN and SCSU, and east can play MSU and MIAMI.

top two from each region moves on, together with two wild cards based on record.

maybe seed the eight teams based on the PWR? could make it exciting for it involves the NC record.

reduce travel, same money, save time, and play more NC games.

take a d*** chance, do it. DO IT!

this here is interesting and relevant;

https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/06/2...ule-exemption/

GO TECH GOLD!
    DTP: I like this scenario even better than your two regions within the current WCHA.

With three regions, you could play the 3 teams in your region home and away for 12 games. Home series against 2 teams from each other region for 8 more games. Road series against the other 2 teams in each of the other regions gives you a full 28 game league schedule. Next year travel to the schools you hosted this year and vice versa.

You could use a PWR using only league games for post season seeding.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
      Can we bring back northern arizona and USIU too?
      Only if we can get Ohio and UIC as well.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Don't forget Liberty and Navy into AHA!!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Of course you are ignoring the fact that schools and conferences do what they think is best for them. In the case of Air Force have they given any indication they want to leave Atlantic Hockey and join the WCHA? As for Atlantic Hockey, if I recall correctly, someone posted their commissioner said they were actively pursuing a new member.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Don't forget Liberty and Navy into AHA!!
            Why doesn’t anyone ever mention Delaware when it comes to Atlantic Hockey expansion? Two rinks on campus with their main one holding over 2,000 fans. Location is closer than Navy. Strong history with their ACHA program. Seems like a no brained to me. Wonder if anyone has ever reached out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Of course you are ignoring the fact that schools and conferences do what they think is best for them. In the case of Air Force have they given any indication they want to leave Atlantic Hockey and join the WCHA? As for Atlantic Hockey, if I recall correctly, someone posted their commissioner said they were actively pursuing a new member.

Sean
              for sure... but AF does not need to be in a bad or unhappy situation to get, to want to get, into a better one. the proposal is just an idea... and sometimes, these ideas get people thinking - including teams and/or conferences. and yes, i heard gossip in regard to AHA pursuing a 12th team... if its a current D-I team, UAH would be my guess.

GO TECH GOLD!
              Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 04-19-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                It has nothing to do with what the schools and conferences think what's best for them. It's all about the fans and where and who we want to see our favourite teams play.

Comment

This is the kind of nonsense that I want to see when I visit these forums in the off-season.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I would also expect AF to provide transportation for all WCHA teams as part of this deal. Not going to be a lot of frills, but cheap flights.

LINK: WCHA Transportation Plan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Personally I’d enjoy some kind of WCHA-AHA scheduling alliance. Beats getting our collective **** pushed in by the NCHC every year.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Personally I’d enjoy some kind of WCHA-AHA scheduling alliance. Beats getting our collective **** pushed in by the NCHC every year.
                        there is something to this...

while winning against 'stronger' teams (e.g., NACHO) is great for PWR, winning still is the most important thing no matter the level of competition.

meaning that if you are going to most likely lose, your best bet is to play against teams of your caliber.

you don't 'get points' for losing to any one... no matter how good the team that beats you is!

just need to find a way to work into the equation that playing better teams, will make you better.

hmm... be a fun project to run some kind of monte carlo simulation on this...

...someone has probably done it.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          This is the kind of nonsense that I want to see when I visit these forums in the off-season.
                          Weird, because this was one of the few out the blue realignment proposals I've seen that didn't appear all that ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                            there is something to this...

while winning against 'stronger' teams (e.g., NACHO) is great for PWR, winning still is the most important thing no matter the level of competition.

meaning that if you are going to most likely lose, your best bet is to play against teams of your caliber.

you don't 'get points' for losing to any one... no matter how good the team that beats you is!

just need to find a way to work into the equation that playing better teams, will make you better.

hmm... be a fun project to run some kind of monte carlo simulation on this...

...someone has probably done it.

GO TECH GOLD!
                            Penn State loads up with AH schools, and it got them to one NCAA tournament and close to another

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Personally I'd enjoy seeing WCHA schedule and beat a lot of Nacho and B1G teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X