X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Carry on.

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Blinded by the Light: Pakistani kid growing up in a smaller UK city during the mid 86-87 school year who comes across Bruce Sprinsteen's music for the first time. The backdrop/b-story for timing is a neo-Nazi movement was gaining notoriety in Britain at the time. It's based upon a true story, goes through his struggles with his family as he goes against his father's wishes and decides that writing is his calling rather than becoming a lawyer, doctor, etc..

It follows the formula for this type of movie, but I enjoyed most of it. It runs a little long, but there are some fun things happening too. They used the Boss's songs well.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Very clever to use a Bruce song that very few people associate with Bruce. I approve.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Very clever to use a Bruce song that very few people associate with Bruce. I approve.
        Hey, it was on "Greetings from Asbury Park". Manfred Mann stole it.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Punisher:

Decided to check out the movie, to compare to the Netflix series. The series was better. When Travolta is NOT a minus, that says something (minus Pulp Fiction, of course). The insertion of comic relief and the romance angle hurt the movie, to be honest. I thought the series was more raw, more fitting.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Took the gk's to see Dora. They said they liked it a lot(the boy's new fave movie)and other than me nodding off for 10 mins it seemed aight.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

If you haven't already, I highly recommend seeing the big screen showing of Lawrence of Arabia presented by TCM and Fathom Events at movie theaters Sunday and next Wednesday. I saw it on the big screen a few years ago and it is a visual marvel. Seeing it on a big screen is a must for any cinephile.

Also coming in September is You Are Here a documentary on the town of Gander in Newfoundland on 9/11. When United States airspace was closed, 38 commercial flights with 6,700 travelers were rerouted to a community of 9,600 where they remained for days with uncertain destinations. The people of Gander came together to provide food, shelter and entertainment for the stranded passengers. German airline Lufthansa was so grateful it named a plane after Gander. The film will play on 11 September.

Comment

New Joker trailer: https://youtu.be/_pk-qMdR9Lo
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  New Joker trailer: https://youtu.be/_pk-qMdR9Lo
                  That's a better trailer. Can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy26 View Post
                    That's a better trailer. Can't wait to see this movie.
                    Don't take this the wrong way, but... How have you not been blasted by the Anti-bot software
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      The Punisher:

Decided to check out the movie, to compare to the Netflix series. The series was better. When Travolta is NOT a minus, that says something (minus Pulp Fiction, of course). The insertion of comic relief and the romance angle hurt the movie, to be honest. I thought the series was more raw, more fitting.
                      Thomas Jane’s punisher was better than any I’ve seen so far. And that includes emo punisher
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Don't take this the wrong way, but... How have you not been blasted by the Anti-bot software
                        Wut?
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Thomas Jane’s punisher was better than any I’ve seen so far. And that includes emo punisher
                          I had no issue with his performance, it was as much as he could do with subpar writing. The Netflix series portrayal was so much better (and frankly, they found an actor that better fit the "look/attitude" of the character.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I mean the movie as a whole.

Netflix’s version was so ****ing boring.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I mean the movie as a whole.

Netflix’s version was so ****ing boring.
                              I dug it, and for comic book stuff, that's a tough hurdle. I'm not as against it as some, but you do have to convince me, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X