Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Unless they change the food menu this year, things are looking positive for the program.
    I swear we had a thread before that suddenly disappeared (not talking about 18-19 thread). Not sure if creator fat fingered the delete button?

Schedule is out—any word on what game will be the banner raising? Aside from senior class, losses were Tufte and Mikey Anderson. the ttremendous all around skills and leadership in the likes of Anderson will be tough to replicate however
    Last edited by UMD21; 08-23-2019, 05:48 PM.
    I wanna go fast!

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

There are rumors that it will be the exhibition game which I selfishly hope not because I won't be able to attend.

Stinks to lose Tufte and Anderson but this team is primed for a possible three-peat. It's not out of the question with our defense and Shepard in net.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
      Unless they change the food menu this year, things are looking positive for the program.
      I swear we had a thread before that suddenly disappeared (not talking about 18-19 thread). Not sure if creator fat fingered the delete button?

Schedule is out—any word on what game will be the banner raising? Aside from senior class, losses were Tufte and Mikey Anderson. the ttremendous all around skills and leadership in the likes of Anderson will be tough to replicate however
      Agreed, we had a thread going and one day I came to check and it was gone.

Tufte and Anderson will be tough to replace but barring some injuries, we have a good shot at being back in the mix next year. Plus, the schedule this year is GREAT as a fan. A lot to look forward to this upcoming season.
      "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
        Agreed, we had a thread going and one day I came to check and it was gone.

Tufte and Anderson will be tough to replace but barring some injuries, we have a good shot at being back in the mix next year. Plus, the schedule this year is GREAT as a fan. A lot to look forward to this upcoming season.
        I did start a 2019-2020 UMD thread and am also wondering where it went. Have long fingers but not fat ones........

Comment

We must have about 4 posters on this website because we are utterly incapable of keeping a thread afloat...

Comment

We must have about 4 posters on this website because we are utterly incapable of keeping a thread afloat...
            It's true. There are four.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              It's true. There are four.
              To trolling other threads it is!

Comment

Well they did announce the banner raising for the Friday night game against Lowell.
                We used to have quite a bit more on here who were old enough that I don’t think we would have lost to Twitter or anything,, but I think after 2011 they decided their life was complete and could die happy.
                Prove me wrong if you’re still here lurking
                I wanna go fast!

Comment

2019-20 roster is up on the UMD site. Additions are 4 forwards (Puricelli, Olson, Loheit, and Meyer) and a third string goalie (Fanti).

IMHO, top six forwards are Swaney, Richards, Koepke, N. Cates, Laderoute, and Roth. J. Cates and Miller could vie for time on top two lines, also. Defense is strong with all returning. And Shepard is Shepard, the primary reason for the back to back.

Go Dawgs!!
                  tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Has anyone seen a poster/artwork out for the 2019 championship? I saw them handing out something that looked like it to the players when they gave out rings but I don’t see anything listed on UMD store’s sited
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

By far and wide, UMD was picked to win the conference last year and St Cloud ran away with it. It wasn't even close either. I don't think the Huskies will be as good as they were last year (or the year before) but Denver is a rising squad . They were in the Frozen Four with a very young team (and frankly, would have put up a better fight against you guys in the championship game than Umass did). For now, the Dogs are the best team on paper so I'll take them to win the conference this season. A good goalie can carry a team, and Shepard is definitely rock solid in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                        By far and wide, UMD was picked to win the conference last year and St Cloud ran away with it. It wasn't even close either. I don't think the Huskies will be as good as they were last year (or the year before) but Denver is a rising squad . They were in the Frozen Four with a very young team (and frankly, would have put up a better fight against you guys in the championship game than Umass did). For now, the Dogs are the best team on paper so I'll take them to win the conference this season. A good goalie can carry a team, and Shepard is definitely rock solid in that category.
                        St. Cloud builds its teams to win regular season crowns. UMD builds its teams for the playoffs. I'd still pick St. Cloud to probably win the conference over UMD.

Comment

St. Cloud builds its teams to win regular season crowns. UMD builds its teams for the playoffs. I'd still pick St. Cloud to probably win the conference over UMD.
                          No way. This year I'd pick UMD over SCSU but overall I think DU will win the NCHC.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Can't argue that. I think Biddco might be right this year but St Cloud was not picked to win the NCHC either of the last two years either and they won it pretty handily both years. They are not stacked again like they have been the last two years but the cupboards aren't bare either. I'll take UMD, Denver, and St Cloud in that order of finish.

Comment

I like UMD to win the league. Denver a close second. North Dakota should be good again with a solid defense and goaltending. I think St Cloud will take a few steps back after losing a lot. Not sure what to expect from Omaha, CC or Miami. My sleeper team is Western if they can get some quality goaltending and Allison stays healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X