Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Lodge 125: The Thanksgiving Dinner Version: Gimme Some More...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Lodge 125: The Thanksgiving Dinner Version: Gimme Some More...

Not sure if it's deserving of it's own thread, so I'll just post here:

I recently bought a couple of hard drive enclosures to convert some old laptop hard drives to external drives. The one laptop HD worked perfectly, but my older IBM hard drive is stubborn. I didn't realize there was going to be the difference (both laptops were just two years apart in age)

Seems the IBM has this PATA hard drive: https://www.archmemory.com/pata.jpg
    And the hard drive enclosure I picked up only fits this drive: https://www.archmemory.com/sata.jpg
    Here's the enclosure I picked up: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817729011

Is there anything I can pick up to convert it from PATA to SATA? Or should I just look for a PATA enclosure and be done with it?
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Not sure if it's deserving of it's own thread, so I'll just post here:

I recently bought a couple of hard drive enclosures to convert some old laptop hard drives to external drives. The one laptop HD worked perfectly, but my older IBM hard drive is stubborn. I didn't realize there was going to be the difference (both laptops were just two years apart in age)

Seems the IBM has this PATA hard drive: https://www.archmemory.com/pata.jpg
      And the hard drive enclosure I picked up only fits this drive: https://www.archmemory.com/sata.jpg
      Here's the enclosure I picked up: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817729011

Is there anything I can pick up to convert it from PATA to SATA? Or should I just look for a PATA enclosure and be done with it?
      I know nothing about this, but googling "PATA to Sata convertor' brings up a lot of things, but I suspect that getting a new enclosure is simpler.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. Jersey hasn't killed me yet.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Hi Lodge. Back from NoDak. Wasn't as bad as it could have been. Boring though.

Belated Happy Birday Ewe!

Am on a borrowed laptop. My regular one is being rebuilt with Windows 7 (had Vista). Was supposed to happen yesterday while I was in ND - didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
            That's what you think. You'll be fist pumping and not even realizing it when you get back.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
              It will leave its mark however. I strongly encourage bathing in bleach, jersey is incredibly dirty.

:waves: from the other side of the skyscrapers in that little city they call NY.

Comment

I just got a work email reminding all employees how to walk in the winter. 10 rules to follow while walking from your car to the building during the winter. Has it really come to this? Are people this stupid?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I just got a work email reminding all employees how to walk in the winter. 10 rules to follow while walking from your car to the building during the winter. Has it really come to this? Are people this stupid?
                  Which foot do they recommend you lead with when starting to walk?
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Are you guys hiring a lot of SCSU grads recently?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Grrrrrrrr...... Really boring today, there been 3 clients here today, and none of them were mine. Nothing else booked for me either yet. All but ready to offer up some special idle hands discount to anybody who calls here. I would post the number, but somehow I know that we would get a bunch of crank callers from Minnesota most likely.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The bathroom thread has potential...
                        Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Which foot do they recommend you lead with when starting to walk?
                        No, but apparently they say we can no longer carry anything into the building that requires 2 hands, or talk on the phone while outdoors at work. Luckily for me, I ignore all of that BS and just go about like I usually do, because I'm not a ****ing idiot.
                        Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Are you guys hiring a lot of SCSU grads recently?
                        Not that I know of, though possibly in HR...

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That's what you think. You'll be fist pumping and not even realizing it when you get back.
                          That'd be a hell of a situation.

Wait...

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          It will leave its mark however. I strongly encourage bathing in bleach, jersey is incredibly dirty.

:waves: from the other side of the skyscrapers in that little city they call NY.
                          Sweet, I can re-bleach my hair. Should I bathe in hair gel and Axe afterwards?

Maybe I need to go have some hot dish.
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I gave myself the day off from work and spent the morning getting in the Christmas spirit. I joined some friends at an inner city school--for a fund-raising effort--helping cut evergreen garlands, loading Christmas trees on a truck for delivery to various neighborhoods in and around Denver and put the finishing touches on Christmas wreaths people will be hanging on their doors. I tried to help the effort a bit by buying four wreaths, all of which we'll give to family and friends.

After that I joined a buddy of mine for lunch and then stopped at a store to buy some poinsettias for my wife and me to give to neighbors as Christmas presents. It's not exactly wintry weather today as the temperature is currently sixty-three degrees in our 'hood. More like golf weather than hockey weather.

It was a terrific way to spend the morning and I'd do it again in a minute. Enjoy the rest of your day folks.
                            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Remember, I also spent some days not with you guys. :P

Although I still haven't seen Casa Bonita or whatever the hell that restaurant is, in the Mexican ghetto. Hey, remember that dead/passed out guy?
                              yes, I'm well aware. My point is the Denver metro is quite vast, to the point that I have barely scratched the surface myself. There's a lot to still show you.

I'll take you to Casa Bonita next time. It will be my first time too...so we'll enjoy it together. Quiz says their margs are good...and that's about it.

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              Dead guys in Mexican ghettos? Satan horses? Christ on a cracker, do I really want to make this trip??

like Twitch said, Colfax is an experience. We can buy you a hooker, if you want. There's also the western Bingo's monopoly equivalent there. The blue horse of doom is some crappy statue of a horse that is creepy beyond belief. It has giant horse junk too. Disturbing

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              Have you been to the Brewery Bar II lately? or at all? It's a dive but great Mexican food.
                              Brewery Bar II sucks.

Actually, most Mexican food sucks.
                              Last edited by Sloe Gin; 12-02-2010, 03:32 PM.
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Grrrrrrrr...... Really boring today, there been 3 clients here today, and none of them were mine. Nothing else booked for me either yet. All but ready to offer up some special idle hands discount to anybody who calls here. I would post the number, but somehow I know that we would get a bunch of crank callers from Minnesota most likely.
                                Just Minnesota? Midwest bias!!!1!
                                Originally posted by moe24
                                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X