Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #110: Offseason Is Here, So Deal With It.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #110: Offseason Is Here, So Deal With It.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah, I don't wanna let that one guy go, but I know I have to to get your guy.
    You wouldn't happen to need an outfielder not named Carl Crawford, would you? I have a glut of them right now and need to move one.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      You wouldn't happen to need an outfielder not named Carl Crawford, would you? I have a glut of them right now and need to move one.
      You can throw one in if you want, but honestly, I'll just drop him, since Cliff Lee is coming back soon.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So, apparently I was too productive yesterday as my back hurt so bad last night that I couldn't roll over while sleeping. Not a good night's sleep.

Today, I am going to take it easy. I'm hanging at home for a while and then I am going to head out to watch my friends bowl. (the ground is too wet for our usual Sunday afternoon volleyball game )

I know It'll disappoint brent, but I've found a way to be somewhat productive today.

rode exercise bike, broke exercise bike
        took apart exercise bike and diagnosed problem
        finished laundry
        went to the greatest store on earth to find stuff to fix exercise bike
        bought a puppy collar, washer, some pop rivets, and super glue to use to fix the exercise bike (and a shop-vac because I didn't have one)
        washed my truck
        went to chipotle
        got back in time to see OT in the Blackhawks game
        now I'm going to fix the exercise bike

What? No duct tape? How can you do a proper repair job without duct tape?
        Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
        I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
        That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
          What? No duct tape? How can you do a proper repair job without duct tape?
          Not everything is fixable with the NASCAR repair material of choice! For certain repairs, super glue is interchangeable with duct tape. In this instance, I think the puppy collar was substituted for duct tape!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Not everything is fixable with the NASCAR repair material of choice! For certain repairs, super glue is interchangeable with duct tape. In this instance, I think the puppy collar was substituted for duct tape!
            The puppy collar was the most integral part of the repair!

Inside the bike there is a strap-brake kind of mechanism around a pulley that can be tightened to increase the resistance to pedaling. The strap broke, and I couldn't find a new one, but the puppy collar was the same kind of strap and it was the exact same length. I just needed to create a hook on one end of the collar and super glue the felt stuff that actually rubs on the pulley onto the collar and put it all back together.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ugh.

Rolling in at 5:30 AM + lost tolerance = Hungover Hammer. I think it's my turn to be a worthless pile of * today.

Something hit this computer, probably Friday night. I left it on overnight and when I got up it was slower that ****. It still is, even as I type this. Avast shows nothing, and I can't get AdAware to open. This is trouble.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

But duct tape fixes everything!! My ex-husband told me so!!

Just kidding (well, not entirely, the ex did say that) but I will concede there might be things better fixed with super glue than duct tape.

The puppy collar was the most integral part of the repair!

Inside the bike there is a strap-brake kind of mechanism around a pulley that can be tightened to increase the resistance to pedaling. The strap broke, and I couldn't find a new one, but the puppy collar was the same kind of strap and it was the exact same length. I just needed to create a hook on one end of the collar and super glue the felt stuff that actually rubs on the pulley onto the collar and put it all back together.
                You would so get along with Robbie (my husband). I could totally see him fixing something that way.
                Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

i had a pair of work boot shoes that i wore while in college... the right one started to part, so i wrapped it in duct tape. worked very well.

people thought i was wierd.

i've since done that with sandals that started to tear. functional and fashionable.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. Feels good not having to work today.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      Now I have a reason NOT to get a blackberry. Thank you!
                      It's far easier to type on the Crackberry when sober

But a Netbook or a small notebook is probably better anyway

Comment

My plan is coming together nicely......heh heh heh

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My plan is coming together nicely......heh heh heh
                          If you are referring to FBL, then it looks like it.
                          I have another trade offer from another team, but I'm really unsure if I want to pull the trigger on that one. It's a fairly big one.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If you are referring to FBL, then it looks like it.
                            I have another trade offer from another team, but I'm really unsure if I want to pull the trigger on that one. It's a fairly big one.
                            Yeah, I dumped an outfielder and got Kinsler back. No complaints there.

I still don't know what to do about the Santana trades, I have 2 pending, I'd like to hear back on the first one that I offered, but I'm really tempted to take your offer.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, I dumped an outfielder and got Kinsler back. No complaints there.

I still don't know what to do about the Santana trades, I have 2 pending, I'd like to hear back on the first one that I offered, but I'm really tempted to take your offer.
                              This should be a fun season in this league. Sounds like we have people who care enough to try and make some trades/shake things up/etc.

Comment

This should be a fun season in this league. Sounds like we have people who care enough to try and make some trades/shake things up/etc.
                                Yeah, it should be fun.
                                The other guy just turned down my Santana offer. I'm thinking I'll accept your offer. Have fun with Johan.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X