Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #108: Let's see if we can finish this before the Frozen Four.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #108: Let's see if we can finish this before the Frozen Four.

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Thanks.

I know I have posted this before but I am going to vent/whine/rant a little bit so I apologize in advance.

Having to deal with a srained ankle comes with the territory for little g. On one hand this is a good thing because it means that he is mobile and moving around and being physical. On the other hand it is a bad thing because by being physical/mobile he is hard on his body and therefore is causing stress on all his joints and muscles and bones etc. As little g grows he will no doubt have a body that is worn and much older than his actual age.

Due to Little g's disability dealing with sprained ankles is potentially just the beginning of having to deal with stuff of this nature. Doctors have warned us that eventually we will be dealing with all sorts of stuff like hips or shoulders popping out of place.

For lack of a better word that f' ing sucks.

End of rant.
    I'm with 'Diva, feel free to rant! I hope Little G's ankle heals as quickly as possible though.
    Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
    I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
    That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #108: Let's see if we can finish this before the Frozen Four.

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      Yeah. He used to be really cool, but he's changed a lot in the last year or two. It's really sad.
      And yes, they and their friends are big in to D&D. They both proceed to mock FM endlessly for being a "Techie" and a "geek" (and I'm not saying he's not), but then they hold their little gatherings in my living room and spend hours doing this... and he's the geek in question?

I'll miss living with her, for sure, but I don't see myself spending much time with either of them after the wedding and that only makes me a little sad.

Oh, rant away. You have every right, because it does suck.
      They sit around and play D&D and then make fun of someone else for being a geek, oh, thats rich.

I get labeled as a Tech nerd just for going there, and I don't think I have any of the traits that defines a Techie. Hell, I hate computers!

gmann, I'm with 'diva and legal, rant away. We don't mind.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

For lack of a better word that f' ing sucks.
        Without a doubt
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Oh, rant away. You have every right, because it does suck.
          Thanks.

I rarely remember my dreams. Last night was an exception.

I dreamt that I went to the Frozen Four. I met a bunch of USCHO posters (names but no faces). I bummed some chewing tobacco from diva. Redman chew to be exact. For the record I don't chew but I had no idea diva did.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. He used to be really cool, but he's changed a lot in the last year or two. It's really sad.
            And yes, they and their friends are big in to D&D. They both proceed to mock FM endlessly for being a "Techie" and a "geek" (and I'm not saying he's not), but then they hold their little gatherings in my living room and spend hours doing this... and he's the geek in question?
            That crew calling anyone a geek is like Paris Hilton calling someone a skank.

Thanks.

I dreamt that I went to the Frozen Four. I met a bunch of USCHO posters (names but no faces). I bummed some chewing tobacco from diva. Redman chew to be exact. For the record I don't chew but I had no idea diva did.
            That's outstanding. That tops my dream a few years ago of sitting next to legal and Quiz in a church while some nun was telling us that we were all going to hell.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Bad Diva!

That's a terrible habit to have.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Bad Diva!

That's a terrible habit to have.
                Just don't spill her spitter!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good luck to your team if it has advanced to the Frozen Four. For those LODGEONIANS without a team in the FF, I hope you can enjoy the games either in person or on the tube.

Spring has sprung here in Denver, however temporarily that might be as this is the time of year when there is a daily battle for seasonal supremacy between winter and spring.

I hope everyone's week is getting off to a productive start.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Thanks.

Redman must be a premonition that either Miami or Wisconsin is going to win the FFFF.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      That crew calling anyone a geek is like Paris Hilton calling someone a skank.

That's outstanding. That tops my dream a few years ago of sitting next to legal and Quiz in a church while some nun was telling us that we were all going to hell.
                      Wow, I was in one of your dreams?
                      Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                      I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                      That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Yeah, it was weird. We were just sitting there in a church. You were looking straight ahead and wouldn't even acknowledge me. I have no idea what Quiz was doing. I was trying to make people laugh, and the nun was condemning us all to hell.

I had another one where Shirtless Bob was sitting in my office when I was telling a client that I didn't like what I really thought of him over the phone, and I was doing so in no uncertain terms.

I think Scarlett was in another one, but I can't remember that one.

I've had a few posters make cameos in my sleep. The only thing I can figure is that I spend too much time here right before I go to sleep.

Have I sufficiently creeped everyone out yet?
                        Last edited by Hammer; 04-05-2010, 12:13 PM.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thanks.

Oh yeah, can't separate me from my chew.

That's pretty funny though, I can't lie.
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Just don't spill her spitter!
                            Assuming of course she spits versus swallows. Wait. What?
                            sigpic

Comment

He is being a dik about her eating habits. He ripped me a new one when I suggested WALKING to go get ice cream (mind you, the ice cream place I suggested was over a mile away) because she "can't be eating that stuff." There was no rationalizing with him--no "well, we'd be walking 2 miles round trip for this" or "there are small options" or anything like that. NO rationalizing. Last time they had their nerd D&D night over here? Pizza was ordered for everyone, but he announced that a salad needed to be ordered for her. I wanted to backhand him through the nearest wall. (And, thanks to the WiiFit, I just might be able to now. )

/rant
                              Did I miss something? Is it the 1950s all over again and women aren't supposed to make decisions for themselves?

You sure his name isn't Billy Blanks?

And the D&D thing is hilarious.

Comment

Don't just blame him. He is obviously a jerk, but I believe that the people that let themselves be walked all over deserve some criticism as well.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X