Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 205: Are you a hockey fan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

      Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

      Comment


      • Good Morning, MEUSA!


        Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

          Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

          Comment


          • Howdy Lodge. Hope all is well with everyone. I think I have mentioned a few times here about my mother having been diagnosed with Alzheimers back in January. She thankfully is not too bad yet. But what I find really fascinating is - I'm here with her now and her cousin called her. This is a woman who was born in Greece and Greek is her first language so when she calls to talk to my mom, my mom converses with her in Greek. How does she remember how to have a conversation in a totally different language when she can't remember if she took pills or something?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Howdy Lodge. Hope all is well with everyone. I think I have mentioned a few times here about my mother having been diagnosed with Alzheimers back in January. She thankfully is not too bad yet. But what I find really fascinating is - I'm here with her now and her cousin called her. This is a woman who was born in Greece and Greek is her first language so when she calls to talk to my mom, my mom converses with her in Greek. How does she remember how to have a conversation in a totally different language when she can't remember if she took pills or something?
              As I'm learning with my mom, only their short-term memory is affected (at least in the beginning). Recently she drew pictures of her childhood home during WWII with details like green shades on all the windows so the German's couldn't see which houses were occupied. She remembers so many minute details of things that happened 39-40 plus years ago. Yet, she too can't remember what was for breakfast today.

              It's a scary, heart-wrenching disease that eventually totally consumes the mind.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

              Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

              Comment


              • On Christmas Day, we were over my brother's house and watching the Celtics game. My mother told my niece's boyfriend how, back when she was pregnant with my brother, my dad made her go the the Boston Garden and wait in line for playoff tickets. And how someone brought her a chair to sit in, etc. She remembered everything about it, and then proceeded to tell my niece's boyfriend the same story five times because she didn't realize she had already told him.

                It is totally scary, but interesting as well. Her moments of lucidity are so random and sometimes funny. Before I asked her doctor about combining all her pills to take at once, she used to take a few pills before bed (in addition to a few more around lunch time). Despite making signs and calling her to remind her to take them before bed, she forgot. And even when I stay over, she would say "Why can't I remember to take those??" Or she would take them into her bedroom with a bottle of water and I would go into her room and they would still be there on her nightstand. So now, her PCP said she can take all her pills at the same time anytime of day. And now, before she goes to bed she says "Don't I have to take pills?" I can only laugh. And before you ask about missing her pills, she's really only on maintenance pills, plus a couple of vitamins. For someone who will be 90 in the fall, she's on so few drugs and thankfully nothing so crucial that if she misses a day, it's not a big deal.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  On Christmas Day, we were over my brother's house and watching the Celtics game. My mother told my niece's boyfriend how, back when she was pregnant with my brother, my dad made her go the the Boston Garden and wait in line for playoff tickets. And how someone brought her a chair to sit in, etc. She remembered everything about it, and then proceeded to tell my niece's boyfriend the same story five times because she didn't realize she had already told him.

                  It is totally scary, but interesting as well. Her moments of lucidity are so random and sometimes funny. Before I asked her doctor about combining all her pills to take at once, she used to take a few pills before bed (in addition to a few more around lunch time). Despite making signs and calling her to remind her to take them before bed, she forgot. And even when I stay over, she would say "Why can't I remember to take those??" Or she would take them into her bedroom with a bottle of water and I would go into her room and they would still be there on her nightstand. So now, her PCP said she can take all her pills at the same time anytime of day. And now, before she goes to bed she says "Don't I have to take pills?" I can only laugh. And before you ask about missing her pills, she's really only on maintenance pills, plus a couple of vitamins. For someone who will be 90 in the fall, she's on so few drugs and thankfully nothing so crucial that if she misses a day, it's not a big deal.
                  My mom was the same way with her meds. Constantly forgetting. Thankfully she's in a place where that's all taken care of for her. It was a hard decision but the only one that could be made.

                  While I still worry, I'm able to sleep at night knowing I don't have to babysit her.

                  And I have NO help. My sister is in AZ and ain't coming home. My wife helps when she can but is starting to deal with the same issues with her parents.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                  Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                  Comment


                  • Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                    Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                    Comment


                    • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                      Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!


                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Woo hoo! Smilies are back!



                        Yes, I m easily amused...
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                        Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                        Comment


                        • Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

                          Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

                          Comment


                          • Good Morning, MEUSA!


                            Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!


                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Woo hoo! Smilies are back!



                              Yes, I m easily amused...
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                As I'm learning with my mom, only their short-term memory is affected (at least in the beginning). Recently she drew pictures of her childhood home during WWII with details like green shades on all the windows so the German's couldn't see which houses were occupied. She remembers so many minute details of things that happened 39-40 plus years ago. Yet, she too can't remember what was for breakfast today.

                                It's a scary, heart-wrenching disease that eventually totally consumes the mind.
                                When my mom was in the nursing home, where she spent the last 3 years after her condition progressed beyond my ability to help her, she was confusing me with my father, and stuck on a visit to the beach with her sister and BIL from the time before either my mom or aunt had children. She was going on, in detail, about what they needed for the picnic, etc. At the same time, she couldn’t remember my name - a >50yo memory at the time vs. me, who was 34yo at the time. It’s a disease that is basically out with the new, and in with the old. And then it’s out with the slightly less new, and so on.

                                The enlightening aspect of the disease is when the memories are still mostly there, but the internal filters are gone. There was a day when she told me how I and each of my four brothers ranked in her view - I was given the enumerated list. That was both funny and sobering, not realizing at the time what a parent truly retains about their children.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                                "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                                "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X