Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge, just need to vent. I've never had the universe so coordinated in slapping me head-on with signs that I needed to leave my current employer than I have the last few months, and especially so the last few weeks.

Friday, four of us resigned giving one week notice because of the colossal bull**** my company has pulled since January 1st. On top of the five from our department that has left since the 1st.

No one, from the interim department head to the VPs to the owners, has had one iota of effort in trying to retain us. Just lots of lip service of "the owner takes care of those who are loyal," and a whole bunch of kiss the ring type of bull****.

Today, I got the cold shoulder from the interim Department Head. He spent all day in our field office and talked to me for 20 minutes ONLY to discuss the highway project I'm on, and my role, and that was it.

As I was packing up my personal stuff (something in the back of my mind told me to), i went to carry a bankers box to my truck and the Interim Boss goes "that looks heavy, let me hold the office door for you."

Ten. Fu**ing. Years. (Well, three months shy) with this company and this is the thanks I've gotten for all the over time, extra effort, and expanding my credentials for the company I've done.

I aopreciate the chance I was given 10 years ago with them, but they have changed in the last couple years for the worse. They're no longer striving to be an engineering firm, they're now too worried about chasing dollars thst they're doing everything *but* engineering.

Oh, and the icing tonight was one coworker who has fully drank the Kool-Aid un-linked with me on LinkedIn. Petty much?

I'm pretty sure I made the best decision of my career by quitting and moving to a new firm, and the universe keeps trying to tell me so.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Happy Birthday wT!
          Mother Nature is confused.
          lilnsl killed it today- 2:30:36 in the Marathon- 141st out of 24822 people. (127th male/ 116 in his age group). Holy crap!

Ready for a long nap!
          Congrats to lilnsl!

It isn't as bad weather-wise as up north, but they turned off the heat late last week here in preparation for a switchover of the convectors to cooling tomorrow. It's 40 deg outside as I write this.

Happy Birthday, wT!
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-19-2022, 05:52 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• congrats lilnsl. My friend from here that qualified for Boston ran it in just under 4.5 hours, which is good for him.

congrats aparch. It can be a challenge leaving a known employer for the unknown, but it sounds like you've made the right choice. I hope your future endeavors are more in line with what you want.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Greetings Lodge peeps! Good to see some chatter in here.

wT - Happy birthday! Hope your day was a good one, snow in Michigan notwithstanding. What was up with that??

les - Congrats to lil! That is an amazing time!!! What a great day for the marathon.

aparch - That sucks about your now former employer. Good for you for making that decision. I know it couldn't have been too easy. You need to think of yourself as no company will be doing that for you. I wish you the best in your new gig. And always know you can come here to vent.

Many things to do this morning, I have very little motivation to do any of it. I am headed to Fenway tonight. Will be chilly, but I believe the driving rain we had overnight and early this morning is gone. Thankful that my seats are covered.

Comment

• Happy Tuesday (Scarlets favorite day?)!

Interview day for me. Feels weird to dress in a suit for a Zoom interview. But, that's the time we live in.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Happy Tuesday (Scarlets favorite day?)!

Interview day for me. Feels weird to dress in a suit for a Zoom interview. But, that's the time we live in.
                  Pants optional?
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I was filmed by a Google Street View car while bike riding today. : eek :
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Lodge, just need to vent. I've never had the universe so coordinated in slapping me head-on with signs that I needed to leave my current employer than I have the last few months, and especially so the last few weeks.

Friday, four of us resigned giving one week notice because of the colossal bull**** my company has pulled since January 1st. On top of the five from our department that has left since the 1st.

No one, from the interim department head to the VPs to the owners, has had one iota of effort in trying to retain us. Just lots of lip service of "the owner takes care of those who are loyal," and a whole bunch of kiss the ring type of bull****.

Today, I got the cold shoulder from the interim Department Head. He spent all day in our field office and talked to me for 20 minutes ONLY to discuss the highway project I'm on, and my role, and that was it.

As I was packing up my personal stuff (something in the back of my mind told me to), i went to carry a bankers box to my truck and the Interim Boss goes "that looks heavy, let me hold the office door for you."

Ten. Fu**ing. Years. (Well, three months shy) with this company and this is the thanks I've gotten for all the over time, extra effort, and expanding my credentials for the company I've done.

I aopreciate the chance I was given 10 years ago with them, but they have changed in the last couple years for the worse. They're no longer striving to be an engineering firm, they're now too worried about chasing dollars thst they're doing everything *but* engineering.

Oh, and the icing tonight was one coworker who has fully drank the Kool-Aid un-linked with me on LinkedIn. Petty much?

I'm pretty sure I made the best decision of my career by quitting and moving to a new firm, and the universe keeps trying to tell me so.
                          Missed this somehow. I can really feel for you. When I left Practice it was sort of this scenario. Best move ever to respect yourself enough to require others to respect you. This place sounds like they have sold out and that never ends well. When you have no soul the rest falls apart. You can't run any business if there is no team cohesiveness and loyalty.

Good evening lodge!

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X