X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Diva!! Good to hear from you! You’ve been missed. Such a tragic reason to bring the old crew back, though.

I’m currently at Logan Airport waiting for my flight to DC. I haven’t been on a trip of any kind in more than two years. I’m totally out of practice. And of course, the flight is delayed 30 minutes. Scanning the gate for screaming babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Diva!! Good to hear from you! You’ve been missed. Such a tragic reason to bring the old crew back, though.

I’m currently at Logan Airport waiting for my flight to DC. I haven’t been on a trip of any kind in more than two years. I’m totally out of practice. And of course, the flight is delayed 30 minutes. Scanning the gate for screaming babies.
          I know a Delta pilot who warned that no one should expect any flight to be on time, or even fly, once Thanksgiving season formally starts. The airlines booked full, pre-Covid schedules and just assumed the workforce would all return. Well, they didn't, and now they're all canceling 15-30% of their flights.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            I know a Delta pilot who warned that no one should expect any flight to be on time, or even fly, once Thanksgiving season formally starts. The airlines booked full, pre-Covid schedules and just assumed the workforce would all return. Well, they didn't, and now they're all canceling 15-30% of their flights.
            Best you can probably do to minimize issues is avoid booking evening flights, when it's more likely to have crewing or mechanical issues that lead to cancellations. Sometimes you can have a crew "time out" where they're forced off the aircraft before it leaves the gate because it would arrive after they've hit their FAA-mandated limit of working hours. This often happens when lots of delays stack up due to irregular operations occurring around the country and/or at major hubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Best you can probably do to minimize issues is avoid booking evening flights, when it's more likely to have crewing or mechanical issues that lead to cancellations. Sometimes you can have a crew "time out" where they're forced off the aircraft before it leaves the gate because it would arrive after they've hit their FAA-mandated limit of working hours. This often happens when lots of delays stack up due to irregular operations occurring around the country and/or at major hubs.
              I have learned more things from the Lodge...

Good Evening Lodge!

New Boiler is in place- yay.

Comment

• Flight was delayed because the plane was coming from DC and it was a crew issue. So, I get that. Not a big deal. When it finally arrived and we were allowed to board, we sat on the plane at the gate waiting for them to finish re-fueling and there was something wrong with something with the refueling...I couldn't understand. The pilot said it's totally safe to fly, they flew up from DC with that same issue. Stupid mechanical issue. So my 10:30am flight was wheels up around 12 noon. Thankfully it was a quick flight and I built in time in my schedule to account for it.

And in case you were wondering...yes, there was a screaming baby. Ahhh, it's like the pandemic travel ban never happened! Hee!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

At my job we call that "the crew dropped dead". :-)
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Flight was delayed because the plane was coming from DC and it was a crew issue. So, I get that. Not a big deal. When it finally arrived and we were allowed to board, we sat on the plane at the gate waiting for them to finish re-fueling and there was something wrong with something with the refueling...I couldn't understand. The pilot said it's totally safe to fly, they flew up from DC with that same issue. Stupid mechanical issue. So my 10:30am flight was wheels up around 12 noon. Thankfully it was a quick flight and I built in time in my schedule to account for it.

And in case you were wondering...yes, there was a screaming baby. Ahhh, it's like the pandemic travel ban never happened! Hee!
                        So, you waited for the first cold spell of the year to go to DC. :-)

Edit: If I can be nosy, where in the DC area are you?
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-04-2021, 05:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

So, you waited for the first cold spell of the year to go to DC. :-)

Edit: If I can be nosy, where in the DC area are you?
                          At the Convention Center.

Comment

Ha! I'll be the one with screaming toddler in tow in a few weeks. I'm nervous as it's been nearly 3 years since I've flown anywhere, and will be wT baby's first flight. I'm worried about trying to keep a face mask on a 2 year old, and also that our flight is scheduled the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X