This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I have my Q2 check in with my manager tomorrow before she goes on maternity leave in a couple of weeks. I found a document I started on March 1 tracking everything I've done, so that's a HUGE help! Kinda proud of myself for starting that. Need to remind my self to continually update that What I've Done document.
    On this end, I finally finished writing reviews for my staff and have to present them this week. Blech.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Aaaaand, we're back to regretting not taking the early retirement offer last year. Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall....

Comment

Aaaaand, we're back to regretting not taking the early retirement offer last year. Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall....
        Position yourself for the next opportunity. It is soooo freeing when you do that. I am assuming they did what they do every year to you- tell you you aren't good enough and not recognize any of the good stuff, work on making you doubt yourself and lather on the negativity while pretending to be positive and regretful for what they 'need' to say?

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Got additional hotel rooms booked for the first MI trip (we added Wed to the long weekend, spending it in Marquette). The 3 people I'm heading there with seem to have that leg planned out. They've never been to the UP. 4 weeks and 2 days to go.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Position yourself for the next opportunity. It is soooo freeing when you do that. I am assuming they did what they do every year to you- tell you you aren't good enough and not recognize any of the good stuff, work on making you doubt yourself and lather on the negativity while pretending to be positive and regretful for what they 'need' to say?

Good Evening Lodge!
                Well, kinda. I am definitely doubting myself. As much as I love video work, I'm telling my manager today that I'm not doing any more of them because I've been called to the carpet for a review process that is just so ridiculous. I'm a little paranoid that conversations are happening behind my back at my lack of following a review process that seems to change daily. I worked on this one video, the process of which was so stressful it started to affect me physically. The creative team I work were super supportive (they also bore the brunt of the review process). We shared the final approved version with the business partner on Friday and they could not have been more appreciative. I forwarded their wonderful emails thanking us for such an amazing job to all the folks on my team and heard absolutely nothing back. Zippo. Nada. That's the kind of crap that bothers me.

We have to do a net promoter score survey every month and every month that captures employee sentiment and I answer super positively all the time. Because I can't be bothered to complain. But next month I may just say a thing or two.

Comment

Well, kinda. I am definitely doubting myself. As much as I love video work, I'm telling my manager today that I'm not doing any more of them because I've been called to the carpet for a review process that is just so ridiculous. I'm a little paranoid that conversations are happening behind my back at my lack of following a review process that seems to change daily. I worked on this one video, the process of which was so stressful it started to affect me physically. The creative team I work were super supportive (they also bore the brunt of the review process). We shared the final approved version with the business partner on Friday and they could not have been more appreciative. I forwarded their wonderful emails thanking us for such an amazing job to all the folks on my team and heard absolutely nothing back. Zippo. Nada. That's the kind of crap that bothers me.

We have to do a net promoter score survey every month and every month that captures employee sentiment and I answer super positively all the time. Because I can't be bothered to complain. But next month I may just say a thing or two.
                  Nothing gained by being positive when they need to be held accountable. That is definitely a female trait in this culture. My colleague at a job yrs ago said men don't do that. Say what you think and do it with the expectation that they will take it seriously and fix it. Do NOT make excuses or explain why. Just say what you need to say.

Good evening Lodge!
                  Super productive day. I am 14 days away from paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Nothing gained by being positive when they need to be held accountable. That is definitely a female trait in this culture. My colleague at a job yrs ago said men don't do that. Say what you think and do it with the expectation that they will take it seriously and fix it. Do NOT make excuses or explain why. Just say what you need to say.

Good evening Lodge!
                    Super productive day. I am 14 days away from paradise.
                    Over my (just about) 20-year career at my current job, this is what I have done. It's cost me sometimes, and other times, it's led to much improvement. I would just say, form your words carefully. Don't be cautious, just speak their language, to a point, so YOUR meaning is heard.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

On this end, I finally finished writing reviews for my staff and have to present them this week. Blech.
                          I had my first ever review with an employee. Not a mandated one either, she applied for the open position and I had to make it clear why I don't think she's ready for that role yet. Corporate is now going to a start/stop/continue for reviews...so I put it in that format, which I think is kind of a good way to sandwich good/bad/good. Employee said it was a good meeting and she appreciated the feedback (at least that's what she said to my face, who knows what she said to others).

I am so excited for this weekend!!! I have an activity to look forward to, and I am so looking forward to it. Tomorrow night is the Michigan softball academy, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society that the softball team does each year. With coronavirus restrictions, it is a virtual even this year. It should still be fun though. But, I am all the excite to be going to a live in person sporting even on Friday. Select captains and participants in the academy are getting tickets to Friday's Michigan softball game. Attendance is still limited due to restrictions and tickets have not been available to the general public, so this is super awesome. The last Michigan sporting event I was at was a hockey game early in March of 2020
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The best part about the pandemic last year was that the pool in my building never opened. It was nice and quiet, I could keep my balcony doors open. They’ve started getting the pool ready but it’s still kinda dirty. Sitting here watching TV with my balcony door closed and I hear people and then lots of splashing and I go out on my balcony and there’s to young people in the pool. I yelled at them. There’s water all over the pool deck. I hope they get sick. That water isn’t treated. I’m not looking forward to the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X