Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have hourlies at my place putting in 70-80 hrs a week. And they cry if they can't work a full weekend!

There are several production lines running 24 hrs/day with only 2 operators putting in 12 hrs each.

Me? I can't wait to run out the door after 8. And I refuse to work weekends. Paid my dues when I was younger. Somebody else can hustle nowadays.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Good morning y’all!

We are flying out to Pittsburgh this morning!! I’m so excited! I feel fortunate this all worked out considering the short planning window, the ongoing pandemic, etc. I’m so fortunate I’ve been fully vaccinated!

Weather looks beautiful in Pittsburgh — a place I’ve honestly never been!

hope all are well!
      Aww man, sorry Mavs. It was a really good game. I know that’s not a consolation but your guys played great!

Comment

• Sorry Mavsy. Good game both ways. That game winner was sweet!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Yeah that was a kick in the nuts.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Once overtime becomes the norm, I'm out.

I'm happy to do it here and there. But those better be pretty spread out. If we have so much work we cant finish it in a normal week, time to hire more help or find some efficiencies.
            For my job, it's only 1-2 hrs per night, but those hours are balls-to-the-wall because of shipper's deadlines. Trucks leave at X'o'clock...period. Right now, no one wants to work that "dumb person's job of a warehouse worker. Plus, it's too much work." Yeah.

We ARE actually one of the branches that is better off, but it's still killing morale with this 2-3 month stretch we're having.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Pittsburgh is normally a fun place to visit. Currently i dont know.
              but Pittsburgh has inclines.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

www.karenwingerphotography.com

Comment

• But does it decline pants?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Yeah that was a kick in the nuts.
                  What he said...

The fact I’m at the point I’m complaining about my team (in my opinion) out playing the opponent in a game they lose with less than a minute left in the FREAKING FROZEN FOUR is a blessing.

I’ve been going to games with my dad for 25+ years and got to celebrate 4 Maverick goals at the Frozen Four with him. Frankly, that’s what it’s all about.

The people involved in the program deserve a title. Someday they’ll get it. Just hope I’m alive for it!
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Happy Friday Lodge.

Three weeks ago when I replaced my hot water heater and washer and dryer, the HVAC said I needed to replace an old gate valve. The guy said I should contact a plumber and the building management company because it's their pipe (or whatever). Reached out to the management company, shared a pic, they said it was my responsibility but put me in touch with the plumbing company they use. As I posted earlier, I made an appointment for them to come Tuesday and they didn't, re-scheduled for this morning at 8:00am.

7:36am knock on my door while I'm eating breakfast. It's the guy from plumbing company. He's looking at it, says the building's water may have to be shut off, or at the very least the stack I live in (everybody above and below). All I thought was it's just nozzle to remove and replace. He's annoyed because he said it should have been done before I replaced the hwh, it's hard for him to get to, blah blah blah. Great.

So, he says he has to check out the building's water shut off or something. He's been gone for over an hour!! The van is still here so I know he's in the building, but I have a call at 10:00am and need him to be out of here. Gah! Nothing is ever easy here!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          But does it decline pants?
                          What goes up, must come down!
                          www.karenwingerphotography.com

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodgers!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X