• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!
    Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Hi Lodge. It's Tuesday. I've been slacking at work for some reason and the anxiety about it, coupled with very minor after effects of my first vaccine, alternately had me in deep sleep with weird dreams and awake for a certain amounts of time. I feel very off this morning.

Expecting a plumber to come in at some point this morning to replace a valve or something. In addition, I brought my car in on Saturday to replace that expensive part rather than buying a new car. I thought I would wait for it as the person I spoke with when I called said it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. The service guy said to me when I got there at 9:00am on Saturday that it would actually take a couple of days, would I like a loaner car? Um, yes. Wondering when I will get the call today or tomorrow.

In addition, my aunt (mom's sister who lives with her) has been in the hospital since Friday morning. Turns out she has a blood clot in her elbow that is causing poor circulation in her left arm an also accounting for dizziness when she tries to walk. Ugh. She's having a procedure today to remove the clot. I'm thinking she probably isn't going to be discharged till tomorrow at the earliest.

ETA: Plumber never showed. I emailed the woman I set the appointment up with via email and got a bounce back. So, I called, they said she was out for the day and not no longer employed but she NEVER PUT ME ON THE SCHEDULE. So now they're coming Friday morning, when I usually do my food shopping. I can do it Saturday morning, but still...so annoying.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 04-06-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Pretty sure I'm the midwestern version of a Scarlet Tuesday. The last 2 months of work Tuesdays have blown goats.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning y’all!

We are flying out to Pittsburgh this morning!! I’m so excited! I feel fortunate this all worked out considering the short planning window, the ongoing pandemic, etc. I’m so fortunate I’ve been fully vaccinated!

Weather looks beautiful in Pittsburgh — a place I’ve honestly never been!

hope all are well!
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Good morning y’all!

We are flying out to Pittsburgh this morning!! I’m so excited! I feel fortunate this all worked out considering the short planning window, the ongoing pandemic, etc. I’m so fortunate I’ve been fully vaccinated!

Weather looks beautiful in Pittsburgh — a place I’ve honestly never been!

hope all are well!
                Enjoy the experience!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Pittsburgh is normally a fun place to visit. Currently i dont know.

Today was the first day vaccine appts were open to all adults in NC. Was able to snag an appointment for Friday.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• When we were in Pittsburgh in 2013, there were hardly any cabs. Thankfully now with Uber and Lyft, it will be easier to get around. Have fun, enjoy, stay safe and good luck!!

Comment

• My Tuesday was so Tuesdayie that I was too exhausted to post. Last day for 3 of my students all of whom needed to have their evals. The other 3 are coming next week.

I walked onto the floor as they were having an emergency that could be described as bizarre. The Supervisor looks at me and says, "You can't make this stuff up!" I have to talk to her before I can pick patients. Oh oh. She manages what she needs to comes to me about 20 min after I usually start. I need 6 patients. There are 5 and one who is combative. Um no to that one. Decide I will have to double one of them up. I am now scrambling because I am supposed to do had to wait until the emergency was ov

One of my students texted they would be late. The rest show up without any sort of gift or thank you for the staff (I told them for the last 2 wks they needed to at least give a card). I have never encountered that before. These students are on a second chance. The staff has been beyond amazing. I am blown away.

Meanwhile the late person texted to say oops, not coming when they were supposed to be showing up. It went downhill from there. I killed myself to make it work as was possible and barely got a thank you as they blew out the door at the end.

Comment

• My work has gone from "we don't want to burn people out by having them work late nights/OT" to "well, we are one of the few branches not making Saturday OT mandatory, but we have to work late nights."

I know it's not this branch's immediate bosses. It's coming from corporate. It has been stated as plain as it could be, without actually stating it, ifyouknowwhatImean.

I have a feeling it's gonna get even worse before it gets better.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              My work has gone from "we don't want to burn people out by having them work late nights/OT" to "well, we are one of the few branches not making Saturday OT mandatory, but we have to work late nights."
                              My work: "we want to give people their weekends back, so we're going to 4 10 hour days with Friday for overtime if necessary" 16 months later, production has had maybe 7 Fridays free and worked more Saturdays than not.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Once overtime becomes the norm, I'm out.

I'm happy to do it here and there. But those better be pretty spread out. If we have so much work we cant finish it in a normal week, time to hire more help or find some efficiencies.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X