No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I ran my shower for a while and that bathroom faucet. Seems to have fixed the issue.

But new issue!! My brand new washing machine is dead. D E A D dead. Used it yesterday, it was fine. Put a load in, 10 minutes in, it died. I think it's a power issue. It came back on, started, died again. And within the last 10 seconds, it came back on when I turned the dryer on to see if was dead. So ANNOYING!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Yeah, I ran my shower for a while and that bathroom faucet. Seems to have fixed the issue.

But new issue!! My brand new washing machine is dead. D E A D dead. Used it yesterday, it was fine. Put a load in, 10 minutes in, it died. I think it's a power issue. It came back on, started, died again. And within the last 10 seconds, it came back on when I turned the dryer on to see if was dead. So ANNOYING!!
      Ugh. Is it just a standard 120v thing? Try a lamp in that outlet and see if it has similar intermittent power?
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Ugh. Is it just a standard 120v thing? Try a lamp in that outlet and see if it has similar intermittent power?
        No idea. The outlet is on the wall behind the stacked washer/dryer. I can't move it. Waiting for a repair person. It randomly started and stopped about three times after I previously posted. No idea if it finished the wash cycle or not. I'm not touching it till someone shows up.

Comment

• So here it is, 1:22pm here. At 8:40-ish, I called the appliance store where I bought the washer/dryer. Even though they weren't open, someone answered the phone. Told him the issue, he said he would get someone to my place as soon as possible, no one else was in yet, etc. OK, not problem. Two and a half hours later, I had not received an update, you know, like "We'll have someone there between 3:00-5:00" or something. I called back. Guy said he was waiting for someone to show up, asked for my invoice number, said he would call me back. That was a little after 11:00am. Giving it another 30 minutes before I call back AGAIN.

Also, last week I was supposed to get my two screens installed. Guy had wanted to come Thursday during the time I had a 30-person video call that I was hosting and could not leave. Told him Friday after 12:30pm would work. Crickets. Friday, guy leaves me message that Friday won't work, how about Monday? I call back Friday afternoon and tell him I am COMPLETE meeting free on Monday, Monday would be great. Naturally, I haven't heard from him. I called the store, asked for him, was told he was out on a job. I said he wanted to come here today, haven't heard from him. Woman who answered the phone said she would call him and have him contact me. That was at 11:30am. I was invited to a call at 2:30 and let the meeting organizer know that may be the window (no pun intended) when the guy comes to install so I may need to re-schedule.

Tomorrow I am going (participating?) in an almost all day virtual conference and now I will probably have to miss part of it because these two no contact businesses will probably not be able to come till tomorrow and I am so annoyed and frustrated at that.

Comment

• It really is frightening how bad so many companies are with both customer service and with scheduling.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Washing machine guy literally just left. Had to call again at 5:30. Turns out the plug had almost come out. Screen guys coming tomorrow.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Got a call from Screen Guy this morning at 8:25am. Tells me his guys will come today to deliver and install. Had to remind him about the install part. Which was the main reason I've been in touch with this guy. Any. Way. I asked him WHEN. He said "Oh they'll have it done before noon." Today I am participating (attending?) a virtual conference. I moved my laptop out of my office as one of the windows that needs a new screen is right in front of my desk. It is 11:40 and I haven't heard from the installers. They have 20 minutes. I know these guys will show during the ONE session at this conference I really want to watch with no interruptions. So ANNOYING.

ETA: Got the call at 11:57am. Riiiiiiiight under the wire. Yay for new screens! And the gray shmutz I noticed in the upper left corner of the 2nd bedroom/office window was apparently a bee's nest. Gross. Thankfully it was a dead one. And the guy got rid of it.
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 03-23-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• My apt complex was sold. Got notice on March 1. Already paid my March rent, or so I thought. Due to the change, they sent back my check, which I only received today. No late fees or anything, but really? THREE WEEKS? Now I get to dump 2 months' rent in about 2 weeks. Yes, I know previous month's rent was never cashed, but what a PITA.

Might want to time this out better, folks. One bright note, sounds like I can drop off future rents to the on-site office, instead of auto-pay or mailing a check in.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            One bright note, sounds like I can drop off future rents to the on-site office, instead of auto-pay or mailing a check in.
                            Sounds perfect for your Luddite ways. Can you pay cash at the office, too? :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Can you pay cash at the office, too? :-p
                              They probably don't have a receipt book...
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Sounds perfect for your Luddite ways. Can you pay cash at the office, too? :-p
                                Hardy har har. 2 ways to pay: check, or auto-pay (you don't release the funds, you give access to your account). The latter? Nope.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X