This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Meh HT. Tie against UML but a win in the shootout. So...yay?
    Its all meh.
    Back from a flying trip to NJ to shoot the XC Championship meet. Both the Men and Women won- decisively. FIrst time in almost 10 yrs one school won both. So exciting. And totally weird. We drove down separate from the team. Went to preview the course- got my walk in, went to the hotel--> straight to the room and stayed there. No one is allowed out and about. Couldn't be within 15 feet of any athlete (good thing I have a long lens!!). The kids were excited to see me but I had to tell them to stay away and wave from a distance. The League gave permission and then rescinded it, then said OK. mr les was paranoid if anyone said anything after all they did to get me permission. Of course the AD and the Asst AD both practically crawled in my lap....

Left less than 24 hrs after arriving. MA rules are not related to science. I had to get a test within 3 days of return (no idea what logic this is following. Most transmission takes place day 4-7) and must shelter in place until I get the results. Being vaccinated is not counted. Strange.

The test was easy- no lines, no waiting. Yay.

Now sorting pics and posting on FB instead of doing work. Goodness how I missed this. The kids were beside themselves that I was there

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge! :-)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Took care of my (pointless) vehicle state inspection today. A) its a 2019 model, B) I've driven less than 100 miles in the last 12 months probably. On the plus side, it was under $14.
        Someone drives even less than I do. : eek :
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Left less than 24 hrs after arriving. MA rules are not related to science. I had to get a test within 3 days of return (no idea what logic this is following. Most transmission takes place day 4-7) and must shelter in place until I get the results. Being vaccinated is not counted. Strange.
          Yeah the Mass travel rules make no sense. I live in a border town so all the common shopping places one might go (Home Depot, Walmart, PetSmart, Dicks Sporting Goods etc etc) are all over the border into NH. (We do have groceries stores in town). Technically nobody is allowed to go to NH to go to Home Depot or Lowes and come back... so instead of driving 10 minutes we are supposed to drive 35. I did that and realized that the Home Depot in MA was MUCH more crowded and less socially distant than the one in NH... file under rules that make no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Someone drives even less than I do. : eek :
            This was pandemic related. I drive a ton normally. 60 miles/weekday.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Jeez, and I thought I didn't drive a lot. Including road trips, <10K/year for the last 20 years or so.

Evening, Lodge. Good day today. Sunday crew (for the cautious ones, like me, still following the MN mandate rules) at the local brewery, per usual. Gorgeous weather. It's almost like normal again, minus the part where you have to wear a mask when you leave your seat (which doesn't really bother any of us at this point).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!

Dose #1 (Pfizer) received yesterday afternoon. Organized chaos at the facility. Lots of people (they scheduled 1600 for the day) but the lines moved very fast. Staff was mainly cheerful which was nice to see. Including the mandatory 15 minute post-injection wait I was inside for about 30 minutes.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Yeah the Mass travel rules make no sense. I live in a border town so all the common shopping places one might go (Home Depot, Walmart, PetSmart, Dicks Sporting Goods etc etc) are all over the border into NH. (We do have groceries stores in town). Technically nobody is allowed to go to NH to go to Home Depot or Lowes and come back... so instead of driving 10 minutes we are supposed to drive 35. I did that and realized that the Home Depot in MA was MUCH more crowded and less socially distant than the one in NH... file under rules that make no sense.
                    There was some guidance on that early on that never got properly communicated anywhere, but it was that a stop up to Nashua to a store would not be subject to the "normal" pandemic inter-state travel rules.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

This was pandemic related. I drive a ton normally. 60 miles/weekday.
                      Abnormal times and all, but driving a car that little can actually be bad for it. You should make a point to take a 10-20 mile drive per week, just to help keep things working.

My daughter decided that 4:00AM CT was the right time to wake up today. I need so much caffeine.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Abnormal times and all, but driving a car that little can actually be bad for it. You should make a point to take a 10-20 mile drive per week, just to help keep things working.

My daughter decided that 4:00AM CT was the right time to wake up today. I need so much caffeine.
                        Ya, I've been driving it 15 min or so to keep the battery charged. But in my area thats only a couple miles.

Inspection showed no issues. So i figured i was doing enough. Also, 100 miles may have been an exaggeration of how little i drove.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I don't think I'm driving a lot less than before COVID. There would be times when I wouldn't drive my car for a week, because I take (took?) public transportation to work. My car will be 16 years old in July and I am only at around 85,000 miles. That and the fact that I park my car outdoors has lead to some issue. Like, I had to replace my brakes back in November. Because my car sit. Everything rusts. Very annoying.

Just had a call on my development plan with my manager. I just can't stand development plans. At my age, and my position, I'm not going to grow. I don't want to. I like what I do now. I don't want to do anything else. But she did a great job talking me through it. It makes a difference. She's really good at this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I'm not going to grow. I don't want to. I like what I do now. I don't want to do anything else.
                            Every review I've had for the last 6 years, since I got my current position, I've said the same thing. I have found a position that I absolutely love, and the fit is perfect for my personality.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X