X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Lodge.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Good morning Lodge.
      Right back at ya! Who is working today/who has today off? My company has never given us Presidents' Day off. Here in MA, it's the kick off of February vacation week. Hoping things will be a bit quiet.

I found out on Saturday that my manager tested positive for COVID on Friday, and that she got it from her daughter's day care. Her husband was getting tested on Saturday, as was her two-and-a-half-year old daughter. What is really scary is that my manager is 6 months pregnant. When I met with her on Friday, she hadn't gotten her test result back. She was congested from a cold which she had earlier in the week though felt better, but she said she lost her sense of taste and smell. Which is the dead giveaway. Ugh.

UPDATE - My manager, her husband AND her two-and-a-half year old are all positive. Yikes.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 02-15-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Morning, Lodge. I don't get the day off. Might be slower though, because of the companies that DO give their workers the day off.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• I'm working today, silly me. I'm on call this week so whatever. About half my team took the day though.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!

Day off today, but I usually have Mondays off. Baby wore Black still goes to daycare so I can get stuff done around the house. It is called hot date with the hubby to the grocery store before he goes to work.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              Good Morning, Lodge!

Day off today, but I usually have Mondays off. Baby wore Black still goes to daycare so I can get stuff done around the house. It is called hot date with the hubby to the grocery store before he goes to work.
              I don't want to hear about your ventures in the produce section, mmmkay?

Evening, Lodge. 2 more days of this cold sh*. Might even see above freezing by the weekend! Kinda pumped about that.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I started getting calls to both my landline and my cell this morning, one right after the other. I was ignoring them but then had a mild panic thought that it might have something to do with my mom, so I answered one of them. Turns out it was a realtor. My unit came up as an expired listing. I took my place off the market on November 9. Not sure why I’m getting all these calls now and then remembered the agreement I signed with my original realtors expired yesterday. I’m sure I will get more...ooops, there’s another one!

ETA: Some of these realtors are now reaching out to my brother. Why??? I replied to one realtor by email who included my brother's email on her note to me. I told her before I would talk to her she had to tell me why she included him on her email. He has no piece of this place. I bought it. I pay for it. Do they not think a woman can own a piece of property? He has his own house. How did they find his email address? Or cell phone? One realtor called him directly. It's making me not want to sell this place at all. These folks are relentless! I do have a call with my friend the realtor at some point today and that's the first question I'm going to ask her. I honestly do not think I provided his contact info when I signed the agreement with her and her partner.
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 02-16-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Scarlet: using simple (very simple) internet searches of public records, they could find all your relatives, past addresses, anything. They will use that to contact you or someone who may be able to convince you to do something. Out of curiosity, I have done this to the past on my own name, and the info that is for public record is scary.

Evening, Lodge. As of 10am today, MN has had 225 hours of temps 0 or below in Feb, for the state as a whole, currently 3 most for Feb all time. 49 hours straight over this past weekend; Thu ruined a run at the record (186 hours*) due to a reading of 1 above last Thursday. This does not count windchill.

*There were 4 hours in the record stretch that were above zero. If not for those 4 hours, the record would have been 311 hours.

Edit: This year's streak was actually at 116 hours. To crack the top ten, needed 14 more hours.
                      Last edited by The Rube; 02-16-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good morning. I don't like being far away from family and unable to do anything to help.
                          My parents have been without power since Monday. Mom used her phone to update us on Tuesday morning saying the house temp was down to 58 degrees, but they have lots of blankets and a gas stove which they used to have hot soup. Temperatures continue to be way too cold for Houston (at or around freezing), and everything I see about the power outages, nothing has estimates of when they will have power restored.
                          My brother had power on Monday, the nieces enjoyed "sledding" on the dusting of snow they had. He told the parents they could come over, but the roads were bad and Houston doesn't have the equipment to treat ice/snow roads and the drivers don't know how to drive in those conditions. Then yesterday, my brother lost power.
                          Michigan was negative temps this morning, we had maybe half a foot of snow yesterday, but the roads were clear this morning, I've had power the whole time. I'm glad I don't live in Texas, but I wish there was something I could do for my family.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• That's so scary wT. I hope they get power back soon!

Scarlet: using simple (very simple) internet searches of public records, they could find all your relatives, past addresses, anything. They will use that to contact you or someone who may be able to convince you to do something. Out of curiosity, I have done this to the past on my own name, and the info that is for public record is scary.
                            I get that. What is kinda bothering me is that they included him on a request about selling my condo. The only thing that came to mind as to why was years ago, before my parents sold their house, they transferred the deed to me and my brothers in an effort to get the house out of their name if they had to go into a nursing home. Or something like that. I can't even remember when that happened which made for a fun moment when I was refinancing my mortgage and the mortgage broker was like "you also own a house" and I was like "whaaaa?" Anyway, maybe when doing whatever search they did on me, that came up and they saw his name so they just assumed he was married to me instead of my brother. Or thought that there's no way the wimmim folk can own her own property.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Good morning. I don't like being far away from family and unable to do anything to help.
                              My parents have been without power since Monday. Mom used her phone to update us on Tuesday morning saying the house temp was down to 58 degrees, but they have lots of blankets and a gas stove which they used to have hot soup. Temperatures continue to be way too cold for Houston (at or around freezing), and everything I see about the power outages, nothing has estimates of when they will have power restored.
                              My brother had power on Monday, the nieces enjoyed "sledding" on the dusting of snow they had. He told the parents they could come over, but the roads were bad and Houston doesn't have the equipment to treat ice/snow roads and the drivers don't know how to drive in those conditions. Then yesterday, my brother lost power.
                              Michigan was negative temps this morning, we had maybe half a foot of snow yesterday, but the roads were clear this morning, I've had power the whole time. I'm glad I don't live in Texas, but I wish there was something I could do for my family.
                              My wife has some friends living central TX. When the weather first hit, they posted some Instagram vids. You could hear their trees just cracking all around them from the weight of the ice on their branches. The yard was covered in ice, too, and they were cracking it as they walked across the lawn.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Right back at ya! Who is working today/who has today off? My company has never given us Presidents' Day off. Here in MA, it's the kick off of February vacation week. Hoping things will be a bit quiet.

I found out on Saturday that my manager tested positive for COVID on Friday, and that she got it from her daughter's day care. Her husband was getting tested on Saturday, as was her two-and-a-half-year old daughter. What is really scary is that my manager is 6 months pregnant. When I met with her on Friday, she hadn't gotten her test result back. She was congested from a cold which she had earlier in the week though felt better, but she said she lost her sense of taste and smell. Which is the dead giveaway. Ugh.

UPDATE - My manager, her husband AND her two-and-a-half year old are all positive. Yikes.
                                Ykes indeed. I thought everyone knew if you had sx to stay home and if you couldn't smell or taste then batten down the hatches. Maybe that is because of the stuff we all do for a living. Hope all goes well

wT the losing power sounds crazy. Hope they are all OK too

We had ice yesterday. They delayed school until 11AM. I start at 6:30. Was already up, had the makeup on and was dressing to go out the door at 5:15 when they called. What a mess. I had asked in JANUARY what we were supposed to do if this happened. No answer. Spent all of Mon, starting at 9AM, trying to get an answer because they pull the trigger for everything. Finally got an a full answer at 6PM. And that was- oh, why are you asking? Didn't they give you material to use? (no, they didn't and why am I the one who needs to be making you all deal with this??) You are supposed to teach that starting at regular time.... I will leave you to guess my response- it is unprintable. We ended up having to pull it outta our a55- Started planning with the other instructor at 5:30 AM. Started teaching at 8:15. Then, because it isn't enough- they converted my professional zoom account to the basic- you have 40 minutes- one. I had to teach for hours getting on and off every 40 minutes. So did the other gal. No idea why. and they have no idea either- and they are not sure what needs to happen to fix it. Grrr

Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
                                X