This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Even if you're desperate, if asked during an interview why you applied to the job, don't answer how the job is "maybe not my favorite thing".
    That is the response I had from someone I interviewed today. *sigh* If anyone knows of someone looking for a Quality Engineer position in the Ann Arbor area, my company is hiring, and I'm really tired of trying to cover the QE job and my current job.
    I've answered in a similar way during an interview (back in my youth), and then followed it up with "that doesn't mean I'm going to slack off. You're potentially hiring me to do a job. I WILL do that job, 100%. Period."

I remember one of those jobs being in a food court, it was a PT gig (at the time, my main job was to pay the bills, this was for fun money). I looked the owner square in the eye, and said that. I also delivered that promise.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Agreed, get it as soon as you can, and don't feel bad, every vaccinated person helps the rest of us.

I give this advice, but I still am jealous and angry about friends who have gotten it or are scheduled to because they work for a very large employer that also has a medical division. These are middle age, relatively healthy people that have jobs they've been able to do from home during the pandemic. Meanwhile my employer hasn't gotten us scheduled yet. Our site of ~200 people has had 7 confirmed cases in 5 weeks and 13 people currently quarantining. They keep claiming no one got it at work, but I don't believe it.
      mr had to beg to be put on a list and he more than qualifies for risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        mr had to beg to be put on a list and he more than qualifies for risk.
        My dad got the VA invite, so he got the shots. Mom won the Rona Lottery, she went in yesterday for her first shot (actually won the lotto a week or so ago, appts are tough to schedule).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Agreed, get it as soon as you can, and don't feel bad, every vaccinated person helps the rest of us.

I give this advice, but I still am jealous and angry about friends who have gotten it or are scheduled to because they work for a very large employer that also has a medical division. These are middle age, relatively healthy people that have jobs they've been able to do from home during the pandemic. Meanwhile my employer hasn't gotten us scheduled yet. Our site of ~200 people has had 7 confirmed cases in 5 weeks and 13 people currently quarantining. They keep claiming no one got it at work, but I don't believe it.
          My wife's coworkers (that are still going in to the lab) are getting them without entering any kind of drawing or being part of anything where they need it. This is because every so often someone didn't show and there's a dose available that's going to expire. They feel it is better to get it into someone's arm before it does, regardless of their risk level. I agree with them, even though it makes me crazy jealous for my high risk parents.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• So far there has only been rain in the part of 202-land where I live. Thanks to the clown college on Capitol Hill for producing hot air. :-D

It's also nice that someone a block away from where I live has been tweeting short videos recently https://twitter.com/SWDCnewsies/stat...29286093840386. FWIW, the video is being taken from the north high rise of the Harbour Square co-op on N Street, SW. Hubert Humphrey lived in Harbour Square when he was the VP. The difficulty of making the co-op secure was the reason that an official VP residence was established. The building in the front is one of three historic buildings which was not torn down when Harbour Square was built in the 1960's and was incorporated in the development.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-11-2021, 07:16 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The site where I'm taking my mom had additional slots open up as stated on the news this morning but they only have available dates through Feb 21. My mother's appointment is on Feb 27. I'll keep checking. There was some craziness at that site yesterday because folks that are running it - I guess it was the nurses? - told people getting the vaccine to get the word out that they had extra vaccine that day and to come get a shot with no appointment and it spread like wildfire resulting in a huuuuuge crowd. So individuals who had actual appointments had a very hard time getting their scheduled shot. While I get the intention was probably a good one - no wasted vaccine - there should have been some better organization or plan. Maybe a "no appointment? Wait here" section that was different than the area for people who had appointments. There were only 2 police officers on site for crowd control, they had to call some National Guard to assist. What a nightmare.

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!

Dose 2 whooped my a55. Exhausted

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Good Evening Lodge!

Dose 2 whooped my a55. Exhausted
                          One of my reports called out yesterday due to side effects from dose 2. And today she feels 100% better.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Scarlet - I hope you had dose 1 scheduled because if not, you're going to need to go through the state. Without warning, yesterday Baker announced that none of us hospital systems can make new 1st dose schedules. Everything not already booked will be managed by the state.

No warning. The amount of money just my hospital has spent on this is staggering. It's clown shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              Scarlet - I hope you had dose 1 scheduled because if not, you're going to need to go through the state. Without warning, yesterday Baker announced that none of us hospital systems can make new 1st dose schedules. Everything not already booked will be managed by the state.

No warning. The amount of money just my hospital has spent on this is staggering. It's clown shoes.
                              Not sure what you mean about going through the state? I was planning on going to the mass vaccination site in Danvers. That's where I took my mom for her first and where she goes for her second. I'm trying to get my first one booked for when I take her there on the 27th. They're not offering slots past the 21st yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Not sure what you mean about going through the state? I was planning on going to the mass vaccination site in Danvers. That's where I took my mom for her first and where she goes for her second. I'm trying to get my first one booked for when I take her there on the 27th. They're not offering slots past the 21st yet.
                                Sounds like you're already going through the state then so you're probably all set.

Check your email - you likely got something from BILH explaining it. But moving forward, the state will be managing all vaccinations and hospitals will not at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X