• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Oh look. It's snowing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Oh look. It's snowing again.
        We've been receiving snow the last few evenings, just an inch or less each time. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but the temps have been too cold for any of the chemicals to help remove the ice after the plows scrape the roads. There were over 100 spinouts on the roads during yesterday's rush hour.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

We've been receiving snow the last few evenings, just an inch or less each time. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but the temps have been too cold for any of the chemicals to help remove the ice after the plows scrape the roads. There were over 100 spinouts on the roads during yesterday's rush hour.
          All the salt is now on my car, sorry about that, folks. It's too cold to get a car wash; either car washes are closed, or the doors will freeze shut by the time I get home.

Found out a worker walked out on the job last week. He made it seem like he was headed to the restroom...nope. Just left. Never came back. Don't tell me there aren't jobs. There are. There are jobs that people simply don't want (yes, we pay "a living wage" plus benefits/PTO/etc).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• We've definitely had much worse cold snaps, but this one is especially irritating for reasons I can't identify. Maybe because the winter had been surprisingly mild so far.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              We've definitely had much worse cold snaps, but this one is especially irritating for reasons I can't identify. Maybe because the winter had been surprisingly mild so far.
              I don't believe we hit below zero in Jan, which was very rare. It went from not bad to holy crap it's cold.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Found out a worker walked out on the job last week. He made it seem like he was headed to the restroom...nope. Just left. Never came back. Don't tell me there aren't jobs. There are. There are jobs that people simply don't want (yes, we pay "a living wage" plus benefits/PTO/etc).
                    If someones desperate, they should be open to almost any decent paying job. Even if it sucks, you can do it for a little while.

That said, I'd find it difficult to go under a certain pay rate until i absolutely had no choices.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

If someones desperate, they should be open to almost any decent paying job. Even if it sucks, you can do it for a little while.

That said, I'd find it difficult to go under a certain pay rate until i absolutely had no choices.
                      Even if you're desperate, if asked during an interview why you applied to the job, don't answer how the job is "maybe not my favorite thing".
                      That is the response I had from someone I interviewed today. *sigh* If anyone knows of someone looking for a Quality Engineer position in the Ann Arbor area, my company is hiring, and I'm really tired of trying to cover the QE job and my current job.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• So today the Commonwealth of Massachusetts announced that a caregiver accompanying a 75+ year old person getting the vaccine can also get the vaccine at the same time. Would have been great to have this for when I took my mother this past Saturday for her first shot. But, apparently I can try to get an appointment for the same day I take her for her second shot. I kinda feel guilty though, given how people who are 65+ can't make appointments yet. Our state has seriously screwed the pooch on this but at the same time, if I have the chance to get the vaccine earlier than I normally would have, I think I should take advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

• Good Afternoon Lodge!

Snowed yet again yesterday and supposedly is supposed to at end of week.

Busy day. Got dose #2. Dropped some stuff off at Mum Les for her 87th birthday. That was an adventure.

Had Clinical yesterday. That was.... challenging. Got the email night before one of them didn't turn everything in needed to be able to participate. Then a text at 5:16 that their kid's school cancelled so they couldn't come. Leaving me with only 4 students. We were supposed to have a scheduled room. First one we were moved from. They promised us the next one for the whole day. About an hour in they came to get me to tell me no, I couldn't be in there. The person who put me there should have known. This happened 3 more times with different rooms. And then we had the issue of the caf is the size of a postage stamp so the students could not go there either. Ended up skipping lunch and letting them out early. Good thing because as I let them out someone else came to claim they had the room. Went to talk to the person who is supposed to help me with finding a room- her answer was no, I can't really promise you a place, not even to put your coats. It will be hit or miss. What the actual F. She thinks I should send my students home- give them an hour to get there and then get on zoom with them. We start at 6:30 AM. That would make the day last until 3:30. Um. I don't think so. More to the story than this. Why do people promise things they have no intention of fulfilling? And why act like I should have no business expecting what they promised me without asking? People are stupid.

So now I need to figure out how to deal with that and also to deal with the 2 who weren't there because they can't just go jump in. I will have to do something different with them. It is complicated enough without the logistics of that. I need chocolate.

Comment

• The predictions for snow in 202-land the next few days are all over the place.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              So today the Commonwealth of Massachusetts announced that a caregiver accompanying a 75+ year old person getting the vaccine can also get the vaccine at the same time. Would have been great to have this for when I took my mother this past Saturday for her first shot. But, apparently I can try to get an appointment for the same day I take her for her second shot. I kinda feel guilty though, given how people who are 65+ can't make appointments yet. Our state has seriously screwed the pooch on this but at the same time, if I have the chance to get the vaccine earlier than I normally would have, I think I should take advantage of the opportunity.
                              Get the shot as soon as you are able. Don't feel bad about it. Just get it. We've spent far too much time working on who not to vaccinate. Just get it in people's arms. I know two cancer patients - one lung and one lymphoma - who can't get vaccinated because they're 72 and 74 and in Phase 2B, which won't start for a few weeks. That's ridiculous. Enough of this crap.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Get the shot as soon as you are able. Don't feel bad about it. Just get it. We've spent far too much time working on who not to vaccinate. Just get it in people's arms. I know two cancer patients - one lung and one lymphoma - who can't get vaccinated because they're 72 and 74 and in Phase 2B, which won't start for a few weeks. That's ridiculous. Enough of this crap.
                                Agreed, get it as soon as you can, and don't feel bad, every vaccinated person helps the rest of us.

I give this advice, but I still am jealous and angry about friends who have gotten it or are scheduled to because they work for a very large employer that also has a medical division. These are middle age, relatively healthy people that have jobs they've been able to do from home during the pandemic. Meanwhile my employer hasn't gotten us scheduled yet. Our site of ~200 people has had 7 confirmed cases in 5 weeks and 13 people currently quarantining. They keep claiming no one got it at work, but I don't believe it.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X