Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Upgraded my iPhone today. Got the 12 mini. A bit of an ordeal. For reasons I cannot understand, it’s downloading old emails from my Comcast account. Likes, it’s up to 990 right now and if i open the email, it will download even more. I don’t know how to stop that. Neither did the guy at the AT&T store. It’s finishing its charging right now. While I wait, I decided to bake a cake! I bought a Bundt pan last week.
    My new laptop was set to sync back and forth (shich I was unaware of and they swear they didn't do) so when I deleted on server it deleted on laptop. I deleted stuff, including some folders on server and it wiped everything on my laptop. Everything. Stuff I really needed. And when I looked in trash it had maxed out stuff and poof it was gone. Then when it synced it was uploading things from 9-10 yrs ago that had been deleted from my outlook and my old laptop. No one can figure out where they came from. Microsoft no longer has a live person to talk to if you are not a business. Geek squad is a [fill in some really bad words].

Technology is satan.

Comment

• Random thoughts for a Saturday.

I had a package come from Hong Kong. Its first stop was Alaska. I guess that has to do with curvature of the earth making that the shortest route across the ocean.

Never thought of that as a shipping hub, Alaska Jim not withstanding.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Afternoon, Lodge! Hockey in about 30 minutes (I hate these weird schedules). Muled some beer to a friend, who couldn't make the release because he was working at his local liquor store. As a thank you, he let me raid their "cellar" of vintage beers. I should have said no, so I wouldn't have my wallet hate me, but alas. Got some dang good vintage stuff, though, at a reasonable price.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• HHT. Sweep. Mine eyes have seen the glory.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Did Board go down? No RFAlph or MEUSA?

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Still at the who cares table. Another white washing last night.

We are going to get wacked by snow starting tomorrow. I was supposed to be teaching in person Tues but we will still be blizzarding. yup. 21 is not really a change from 20 so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Did Board go down? No RFAlph or MEUSA?

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Still at the who cares table. Another white washing last night.

We are going to get wacked by snow starting tomorrow. I was supposed to be teaching in person Tues but we will still be blizzarding. yup. 21 is not really a change from 20 so far.
              I am having withdrawal pains. Today is the first day since early May that I have not gone bike riding.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Looks like there's not going to be much getting around a Covid-19 exposure at work. Rumor has it both our HR people tested positive. This is in addition to the 3 confirmed positives in Production over the last 2 weeks, at least 4 other coworkers in quarantine because someone in their immediate family tested positive.
                I'm trying to figure out if I can work from home. May call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get tested, use that as an excuse to quarantine at least until those results come back.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Looks like there's not going to be much getting around a Covid-19 exposure at work. Rumor has it both our HR people tested positive. This is in addition to the 3 confirmed positives in Production over the last 2 weeks, at least 4 other coworkers in quarantine because someone in their immediate family tested positive.
                  I'm trying to figure out if I can work from home. May call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get tested, use that as an excuse to quarantine at least until those results come back.
                  That is scary

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Finally back to my usual Sun routine, with brunch at the local place, followed by a beer at the local brewery. Trying to do my part to keep them afloat, etc. Sounds like they are stayin' alive. The brunch bartender cut me a deal on my brunch, didn't charge me for my coffee, due to being a regular, which was rather nice. Getting ready for another hell week at work...whee.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Evening, Lodge. Finally back to my usual Sun routine, with brunch at the local place, followed by a beer at the local brewery. Trying to do my part to keep them afloat, etc. Sounds like they are stayin' alive. The brunch bartender cut me a deal on my brunch, didn't charge me for my coffee, due to being a regular, which was rather nice. Getting ready for another hell week at work...whee.
                          We ordered carry out from the local bar that pre-Covid I visited weekly for pub trivia with my friends. I'm doing my best to keep them in business and tipping well despite it being carryout. Back when I was playing trivia, it was a 30 minute drive to this place (but it worked out to be a decent center point for our trivia group). Since we moved in April, I could walk there. I want them to stay open.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

We ordered carry out from the local bar that pre-Covid I visited weekly for pub trivia with my friends. I'm doing my best to keep them in business and tipping well despite it being carryout. Back when I was playing trivia, it was a 30 minute drive to this place (but it worked out to be a decent center point for our trivia group). Since we moved in April, I could walk there. I want them to stay open.
                            My wife and I do the same with Key's Café in St. Paul. Every other weekend we make a point of purchasing a large breakfast from them, and tip well for takeout service. It's about a 10-minute drive.

Yesterday, Jan. 31, at 5:00PM CT, marks one full year since I was last in my office building. On Saturday my baby girl will turn 1yo. Crazy how quick even a tough year will roll by when you have a baby.

I was helping my FIL yesterday move some furniture. Then I experienced a "Foot crushing event," per the medical records. The big toe on my left foot will soon outgrow its current nail, and I'm on cephalexin, some bacitracin, and neat boot. Thankfully, there's no broken bones.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• There are 4 restaurants/bars/whatever you want to call them, and 2 breweries that I try and support, all local, some are family owned. I do a rotation, to try and keep it all even.

And my prediction about work is proving to be correct. 10 hours today, up to 12-13 hours tomorrow, and who knows what for the rest of the week. Le sigh.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X