This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I'm back at Lodge Quarantine Lounge this weekend.

And Ralph - keep trying!!!
    I will again tomorrow. After that it is probably a week.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      MN re-did their DMV, their health care, etc websites in the last couple years. All failed on the rollout, had to re-do, and now they are shocked that the vaccine website crashed. *sigh*. Don't misinterpret me, I don't plan on getting a vaccine anytime soon, due to age/condition/etc, but this was a surprise? C'mon.....
      You have an autoimmune disease so might be eligible.

Later in the day mum les called that she heard from someone about a site opening for town residents. Only heard because she knows someone.

THis AM got a call from Auntie- who did not do what I recommended- call the PCP to see if they heard of any local sites. Multiple people have called her to tell her they will help her and making her psychotic with poor advice and rumors. She is freaked because she thinks she is stupid. Talked her off the ledge- she isn't stupid. Talk her back into calling her PCP to see if they are aware of a close site. and told her to call Sr Center incase they heard something. Finally get her all settled and get an email- some helpful person got an email from the hospital system owning the practice (not Auntie's) saying DO NOT call teh PCP. That the absolute fvck. It is not her practice but she thinks it is all practices. I can't even. I gave up. One can only give so much advice.

I tried to get on a couple of places to help the Auntie out- it lets you fill out the registration form and then tells you there is no place close. Use a different link on site which is supposed to show search of sites within X miles- map shows sites. This says there are none. My upper generation are in a collective twist- they all think it is their fault and stupid. No. It is the an abject failure on the part of the State. I cannot imagine what the various Practices are dealing with. This is what happens when you think it is OK to use the business model/commercial set up rather than just have DPH do it.

Oh, and Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• I'm not getting the vaccine by choice, right now. Let others more in need get it, and I know they will refine it and make it even better in the coming months, plus, with my lifestyle of not really going out and tracking the Rona Chain with the people I do hang out with...I can wait. I actually thought about it today, I probably am "out" (as in hanging out) 3-4 hours a week, and that's pretty much the same routine as pre-pandemic. I simply keep track of WHO I hang out with more closely.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I will again tomorrow. After that it is probably a week.
              Next Friday at the Safeway a block from where I live. :-)

I decided this time not to take the first appointment at a convenient time but rather to jump ahead a couple of pages and pick almost randomly.

Of course, it is supposed to snow Sunday and Monday and knowing DC, things won't be back to normal by Friday. At least getting vaccinated doesn't require milk and toilet paper. ;-D
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                You have an autoimmune disease so might be eligible.

Later in the day mum les called that she heard from someone about a site opening for town residents. Only heard because she knows someone.

THis AM got a call from Auntie- who did not do what I recommended- call the PCP to see if they heard of any local sites. Multiple people have called her to tell her they will help her and making her psychotic with poor advice and rumors. She is freaked because she thinks she is stupid. Talked her off the ledge- she isn't stupid. Talk her back into calling her PCP to see if they are aware of a close site. and told her to call Sr Center incase they heard something. Finally get her all settled and get an email- some helpful person got an email from the hospital system owning the practice (not Auntie's) saying DO NOT call teh PCP. That the absolute fvck. It is not her practice but she thinks it is all practices. I can't even. I gave up. One can only give so much advice.

I tried to get on a couple of places to help the Auntie out- it lets you fill out the registration form and then tells you there is no place close. Use a different link on site which is supposed to show search of sites within X miles- map shows sites. This says there are none. My upper generation are in a collective twist- they all think it is their fault and stupid. No. It is the an abject failure on the part of the State. I cannot imagine what the various Practices are dealing with. This is what happens when you think it is OK to use the business model/commercial set up rather than just have DPH do it.

Oh, and Good Evening Lodge!
                It's a total mess. Inexcusable. I'll be working through the weekend to figure out the billing side of it (we can bill insurance for the administration of, but not the vaccine itself), and we're spending so many man hours trying to figure out how to make it happen that we'll probably collect less money than we spend setting it up. Literally, spending dollars to collect dimes.

On the bright side, MA starts mass patient vaccinations on Monday. At first it will be in the thousands, and within a few weeks the tens of thousands per day. Nationally we're at like 1.2 - 1.7 million people getting vaccinated per day and that will likely go up a lot soon.

We've tripped over the starting gate (in no small part because of a worthless, feckless and dangerous federal government) and there will be many bumps along the way. But we're getting there.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It's a total mess. Inexcusable. I'll be working through the weekend to figure out the billing side of it (we can bill insurance for the administration of, but not the vaccine itself), and we're spending so many man hours trying to figure out how to make it happen that we'll probably collect less money than we spend setting it up. Literally, spending dollars to collect dimes.

On the bright side, MA starts mass patient vaccinations on Monday. At first it will be in the thousands, and within a few weeks the tens of thousands per day. Nationally we're at like 1.2 - 1.7 million people getting vaccinated per day and that will likely go up a lot soon.

We've tripped over the starting gate (in no small part because of a worthless, feckless and dangerous federal government) and there will be many bumps along the way. But we're getting there.
                  The actual vaccination process will be smooth and getting smoother. The process of registering should never have been decentralized. It causes headaches in so many ways. Multiple sites, different check ins, etc. They should have a streamlined process so all you guys need to do is access what the main site collected for data. It is DUMB to make it so complex. I watched them interview some chick a the lunchtime news and for about the hundredth time they asked why they can't have one site. She did a verbal dance but never answered. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why they are avoiding that.

Auntie has an appt. She is so excited. She ended up being contacted by a large hospital system altho she is baffled how they figured out to email her. I think it is because her PCP is connected. She doesn't have a pt portal- never signed up for it but must have given her email at some point. Her 96 yr old friend has the same doc but didn't get contacted- probably because she never gave her email.

I would not want to be one of you IT guys. This is like spitting in the wind. They keep changing the rules.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I start Clinical next Tues. They are predicting a foot of snow. This would make us go remote. Gah.

Comment

• Are you folks from Massachusetts actually saying that the District of Confusion is handling vaccine distribution more efficiently than MA is? I thought that the only thing on DC's mind for the last couple of decades has been how to become a state, and that they are doing mainly because our politicians want to become members of Congress.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Are you folks from Massachusetts actually saying that the District of Confusion is handling vaccine distribution more efficiently than MA is? I thought that the only thing on DC's mind for the last couple of decades has been how to become a state, and that they are doing mainly because our politicians want to become members of Congress.
                      It's absurd here. No excuse for it. Overthought, decisions made at the last possible second. It's inexcusable.

The other extreme is Florida and it's "hey everyone, come on down!". Sure, it sounds nice and people get to crow about how well organized they are but it virtually gaurantees that there will be little to no follow up on second dosing, no control of supply, etc. But there's a happy medium in there.
                      Last edited by Swansong; 01-29-2021, 04:23 PM.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• And as more companies get approval for vaccines....it will become exponential. Remember, this is only emergency approval. The vaccines (theoretically) will get better and more available, as time goes on.

HHT. 5-1, not really a contest. High hopes for this asterisked season.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Afternoon Lodge!

WCHT- (who cares hockey table) They lost but it isn't like it is real hockey anyway- so many people have been quarantined, not practicing, on again, off again schedule that changes at the drop of a hat- I wouldn't even know there was a game except the app on my phone tells me there is a score. I know there are still people who care but all I see is the league and ADs willing to put athletes are risk. I might be turned off of it for good. Cheaper that way.

In a holding pattern- not sure what we are doing for Clinical on Tuesday. Serious CF all around. Snow and some other stuff I can't post. My level of cynicism has managed to reach a height I didn't know I was capable of.

I am a basket of sunshine today

Comment

• Upgraded my iPhone today. Got the 12 mini. A bit of an ordeal. For reasons I cannot understand, it’s downloading old emails from my Comcast account. Likes, it’s up to 990 right now and if i open the email, it will download even more. I don’t know how to stop that. Neither did the guy at the AT&T store. It’s finishing its charging right now. While I wait, I decided to bake a cake! I bought a Bundt pan last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X