Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I do use direct deposit. And while I need to research my bank's bill pay option, from Brent's earlier post, that's still considered to be a manual pay. My biggest issue is I direct deposit my paycheck into my savings account and transfer money when I know I need to pay a bill. So, I don't always have proper funds in my checking account. I know I can figure out when these bills will be debited from my account. I'm just kinda lazy about doing all that set up.
    I have to use direct deposit. The issue with auto-pay is that THEY get to choose when to get my money. I prefer to have control over it. I use manual (online) pay for most everything.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-20-2021, 05:41 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

I have to use direct deposit. The issue with auto-pay is that THEY get to choose when to get my money. I prefer to have control over it. I use manual (online) pay for most everything.
          This was my rationale for manually triggering payment through websites or apps, but now that my finances are in better shape and I always have a cushion, I just have them auto-pulled by the billers. I don't think my car insurance let's me do this for some reason, and at this time that's the only bill that won't. We manually pay gas bills for the new house so we can monitor usage (new house, new to gas, unsure of how much to budget for it).

My bank - and likely everyone else's - has a bill payer feature. Enter the payee info (bank name, address, routing, account, etc.). They will either send electronically or via paper check, on your schedule.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

I do use direct deposit. And while I need to research my bank's bill pay option, from Brent's earlier post, that's still considered to be a manual pay. My biggest issue is I direct deposit my paycheck into my savings account and transfer money when I know I need to pay a bill. So, I don't always have proper funds in my checking account. I know I can figure out when these bills will be debited from my account. I'm just kinda lazy about doing all that set up.
            Before I retired, I used direct deposit. Somehow I divided that up between savings and checking. I don't recall if the division was at the sending or receiving end. I suspect it was the latter.

Now that I am retired, I use direct deposit also. IIRC, I have to use direct deposit on that.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-20-2021, 09:36 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is exactly the in-the-weeds, specific info I'm looking for. I am totally old school and pay my bills by check. I do not want to provide anyone any access to my bank accounts. However, I was interested in paying bills through my checking account as a way to avoid postal delays. The guy at AT&T though said that it would not matter, that auto pay is when they deduct it. Gah! So annoying. I am, however, not as concerned about them billing my credit card - not sure why. I need to see if AT&T will do this without a charge.
              before we ditched DIrect TV/AT&T bill used to arrive way to late for me to pay on time. This was habitual and occurred way before the Postal issues. I called numerous months when I got the bill with less than 7 days until the due date. Each time they profusely apologised and blamed it on the way the mail was batched to send out from their centers. It was one of the reasons we backed out of using them when we switched the intertubes provider- Not only that but they promised to credit us and didn't, changed our package without permission and then told us they couldn't let us revert to the previous pkg because we had been grandfathered and most fun of all the auto pay over charged us one month. mr les spent more than 12 hours on the phone trying to get things straightened out. When we pulled the plug it still wasn't fixed.

Good Evening Lodge! It was a wonderful day. And I was productive - got a bunch of things done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This was my rationale for manually triggering payment through websites or apps, but now that my finances are in better shape and I always have a cushion, I just have them auto-pulled by the billers. I don't think my car insurance let's me do this for some reason, and at this time that's the only bill that won't. We manually pay gas bills for the new house so we can monitor usage (new house, new to gas, unsure of how much to budget for it).

My bank - and likely everyone else's - has a bill payer feature. Enter the payee info (bank name, address, routing, account, etc.). They will either send electronically or via paper check, on your schedule.
                It's more of me wanting to be in control of when I release my funds, similar to Scarlet. *I* choose when you get my money. Not the companies.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Good Morning, MEUSA!

Did you get up late???? Were you out celebrating with the new First Family??

Comment

Did you get up late???? Were you out celebrating with the new First Family??
                        I just forgot.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• HHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-0 over ASU. 52-14 SOG. 2 hat tricks in the game (including a natural one). SO needed after work today.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            HHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-0 over ASU. 52-14 SOG. 2 hat tricks in the game (including a natural one). SO needed after work today.
                            Still at the HQL

How can a slaughter like that be enjoyable? Serious question. I find watching that stuff just plain uncomfortable to watch

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Still at the HQL

How can a slaughter like that be enjoyable? Serious question. I find watching that stuff just plain uncomfortable to watch
                              I listened on the radio. No cable. After last week's sweep, I enjoyed it. Fun fact: not the most hat tricks in a game for the team. IIRC it was against ALA-Huntsville, a 12-1 drubbing, we had THREE hat tricks in that game.

Edit: MN played EVERYONE in the game. I think it was a 3rd or 4th line PP unit starting in the 2nd period or so. ASU went through 3 goalies, their last one being from the club team. One of their main goalies was out tonight (non-Rona).

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X