• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Howdy Lodge. So, BU's games this weekend are postponed for a second time. Ugh. Initially supposed top lay UML. They "paused all activities" as I believe les mentions. League was able to re-schedule and put UMass back on the schedule. We planned a virtual Family Night event - I usually plan this event with a coupe of friends and the Athletic Development office for parents of incoming freshmen players, plus all the other player parents. We scheduled a Zoom call for an hour or so before Saturday night's game. Through it together in a week. And now...no game. Haven't heard if we're still having it. Or if there will be any games for BU this season.

Comment

• Hey Lodge. Back was tweaking today, powered through it. That was dumb, sorta. Now I'm calling in tomorrow, instead of today. The "sorta" was because at least tomorrow, they won't miss me as much, staff-wise, given the business we have going on right now. Either way, sucks for me.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Happy Friday Lodge. Went food shopping this morning. Neither of the Market Baskets I went to had their brand of a) decaf coffee and b) aluminum foil. I haven't been able to find either for 2-3 weeks. Annoying!

So, it's nice out today. When I got home, I opened my balcony slider to put some stuff out there to sit in the sun and air out my condo and a fly got in. Seriously, I had the door open for like 8 seconds. Now the fly is here in my office and keeps trying to get out the window and it keeps getting caught between the blinds and the glass and it's driving me nuts.

ETA: les, my SIL got her first vaccine this morning - yay!

Comment

• My parents got their first dose of vaccine yesterday! My SIL heard about an event they could sign up for and called them to sign up right away, which is good because 2 hours later all appointments were full. Texas is vaccinating the 70+ age group, so my parents qualify for that. I'm told it was a massive drive through event in a parking lot at NRG stadium. They'll get dose #2 mid February and then might come visit in March (and get to see wT baby for the first time in over a year).

Snowing here. Should be a slippery drive home.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Happy for your parents wT! I'm sure they're thrilled to be closer to seeing wT baby soon!! My mom is 86 and has no idea when she will be getting hers. There is no information. She called her doctor's office on January 4th, they said to check their patient portal. I was there on Sunday and got her logged in and there was no information yet. I told her to check it at least once a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Happy Friday Lodge. Went food shopping this morning. Neither of the Market Baskets I went to had their brand of a) decaf coffee and b) aluminum foil. I haven't been able to find either for 2-3 weeks. Annoying!

So, it's nice out today. When I got home, I opened my balcony slider to put some stuff out there to sit in the sun and air out my condo and a fly got in. Seriously, I had the door open for like 8 seconds. Now the fly is here in my office and keeps trying to get out the window and it keeps getting caught between the blinds and the glass and it's driving me nuts.

ETA: les, my SIL got her first vaccine this morning - yay!
                    Yay for the SIL.

I am scheduled for #2 in a few weeks.

My car is toast- Bushings, head gasket, brakes, etc. We did the brakes and now we need to be serious about finding a car Drove the Crosstrek- loaner from the car being in the shop. It is OK but bare bones as far as stuff my other cars have. The wheel has waaaay too much sh1t on it. Holy crap. What happened to something to steer the car with?

At the Hockey quarantine bar.... again. I can't say I even notice if we are playing or not because they mostly aren't.

HE this weekend has more cancellations than games.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Maybe we should rename it the Hockey Quarantine Lounge? Pull up a seat les, I've already had a glass of wine. Our teams were supposed to play this weekend. Your team went on pause. We re-scheduled with another team. They're now on pause. And so I have yet another weekend without hockey. Sigh.

Any recommendations on how to cook a filet mignon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Happy for your parents wT! I'm sure they're thrilled to be closer to seeing wT baby soon!! My mom is 86 and has no idea when she will be getting hers. There is no information. She called her doctor's office on January 4th, they said to check their patient portal. I was there on Sunday and got her logged in and there was no information yet. I told her to check it at least once a week.
                        Some info for you, since I remember you see one of my practices.

You should be receiving an email soon (or have already) asking you to sign up for the patient portal, which will be the chief method to disseminate information. If you don't have an account, do yourself a favor and sign up for one. You won't regret it.

Next, we are planning tentatively to begin vaccinating patients the first of February, and scheduling will be handled by a new tool developed by our corporate IT group. It actually works pretty well. A little less UI-friendly than I'd prefer but whatever- they got it built, stabilized, secure and interfaced to the state really quickly so who am I to complain.

The plans are to fully corporatize the vaccination locations, so you likely won't have to come into your doc's office for the shots. the plan is for you to just pick the most convenient location and get your doses there. I think that's terrific, actually, and significantly reduces the strain on individual offices.

There are a lot of decisions yet to be made (again, having zero federal oversight has been incredibly problematic), but we're on the right track in my estimation.

edit: if your mother also sees one of my docs, the same message to her. Practices don't know yet because decisions are still being made way above all our heads, but they're being super thoughtful and thorough about everything. I'm pretty impressed by the process.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Hht!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Hht!
                            At the HQL for another night of cocktails. Thankfully no sushi here. Only chocolate milk!

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X