Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO wanted me to change my password. A lot of trouble to get it to work!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I had to change my password, too. That 180 days goes by quick!

Well my Opposite Girl powers worked. I drove my garage to the MBtA garage and walked back home in a driving rainstorm. I brought my snow shovel up from storage l and woke up to sunshine and no snow. Which I prefer because I know if I didn’t do that, I would’ve woken up to much snow and an iced over car. les...did you lose power? My brother did and I know you live in that general area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I had to change my password, too. That 180 days goes by quick!

Well my Opposite Girl powers worked. I drove my garage to the MBtA garage and walked back home in a driving rainstorm. I brought my snow shovel up from storage l and woke up to sunshine and no snow. Which I prefer because I know if I didn’t do that, I would’ve woken up to much snow and an iced over car. les...did you lose power? My brother did and I know you live in that general area.
        We had howling winds but never lost power. The trees were bending tho.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

• While they probably shouldn’t even be playing...HHT for my 3-0-0 Huskies. This Pod Play in Omaha just might be the ticket.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Training hundreds of providers - now, while half of them are doing this from home - on how to navigate the even-more-complex alchemy that is medical billing is positively asinine to me. I put off much of the work hoping that it would be delayed but here we are 28 days from the changes and it hasn't been delayed (and apparently, absolutely won't be).

It's ridiculous.
                This sounds familiar to what my company is doing. Only, we're not healthcare. Had an ERP system upgrade 2 weeks ago. New version is slower and all the automated reports people had before are gone. New version also doesn't work with our old shipping software, so had to implement new shipping software, which takes a bunch more steps and slows us down when we're already behind.

Super fun.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  Good Evening, Lodge!

We did go to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and taking every precaution. My dad was not happy to stay out of the bars for 2 weeks, but he knew if my mom did not see her grandson, she would kill him. All of us took Covid tests before and after. All came back negative. Seeing Baby wore Black with Grandma was worth it. Especially when she was able to get him to sleep. Grandma snuggles for the win. It was funny watching my parents fight over who gets to hold the baby.
                  It is positively bonkers to me that bars are open anywhere right now.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• So my toilet leaked yesterday - it had been a bit wobbly and I was going to grab a new seal and get my dad in to help replace it next weekend. But instead, it decided to give out yesterday. Gross.

Unfortunately, the flange beneath the seal is also junk - and permanently affixed to the drain pipe. So either it needs a real plumber to carve it out and replace it or I need to add an adapter. I managed to get the new seal added and it isn't leaking, so next weekend my dad will come and we'll try to permanently fix it.

THEN, the fill valve does what they do when they're disconnected and lost its seal. So I had to go back out to get one of those.

Comment

• Yeah, I've found that once the toilet is disconnected and emptied, it's best to replace all of its seals and valves at once. Doing less than that usually adds work down the road. PITA.

And I've never heard of a flange being permanently affixed to a drain pipe. Then again, I've only worked on five different toilets in total.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• My cousin had a zoom birthday party for her baby girl. We attended and were on mute almost the whole time. I click off of mute to see if I could get wT baby to say "bye bye", and that is when NaSK walks in to the room and says "who farted in here?" (for the record, it was the dog that farted). Before I can explain/apologize or get wT baby to say "bye bye", the zoom ends.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          My cousin had a zoom birthday party for her baby girl. We attended and were on mute almost the whole time. I click off of mute to see if I could get wT baby to say "bye bye", and that is when NaSK walks in to the room and says "who farted in here?" (for the record, it was the dog that farted). Before I can explain/apologize or get wT baby to say "bye bye", the zoom ends.
                          We were on one of those for our friends kid. We also sat there on mute. Only talking was their parents complaining about how they can’t see or hear anything. Pretty entertaining, actually.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            This sounds familiar to what my company is doing. Only, we're not healthcare. Had an ERP system upgrade 2 weeks ago. New version is slower and all the automated reports people had before are gone. New version also doesn't work with our old shipping software, so had to implement new shipping software, which takes a bunch more steps and slows us down when we're already behind.

Super fun.
                            I can't quite get why this is acceptable- in healthcare, in business. Even the social media is doing a bunch of revisions that decrease efficiency. (Pretty much stopped using FB after the apps to correct the abomination failed out). You would think when things become less efficient that would be something the leadership would find intolerable.

At first they tried to tell us it was a time saver and saved errors. Then they admitted it takes about 4 times as long to document. I still haven't seen a study (I haven't looked in awhile) but anecdotally I can say not one of my 3 providers in the past 3 months has any idea what is going on with me unless I tell them. The documentation is so fragmented and not linear that pretty much everything about my care is easily missed. There are multiple places to enter things and none of them autoload if another window is filled. I am not complicated. I cannot imagine what is happening for the patients who aren't well versed or not motivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              I can't quite get why this is acceptable- in healthcare, in business. Even the social media is doing a bunch of revisions that decrease efficiency. (Pretty much stopped using FB after the apps to correct the abomination failed out). You would think when things become less efficient that would be something the leadership would find intolerable.

At first they tried to tell us it was a time saver and saved errors. Then they admitted it takes about 4 times as long to document. I still haven't seen a study (I haven't looked in awhile) but anecdotally I can say not one of my 3 providers in the past 3 months has any idea what is going on with me unless I tell them. The documentation is so fragmented and not linear that pretty much everything about my care is easily missed. There are multiple places to enter things and none of them autoload if another window is filled. I am not complicated. I cannot imagine what is happening for the patients who aren't well versed or not motivated.
                              Which EHR are you using? I've heard those same complaints about eClinical Works and to a lesser extent Athena. Epic should be much more linear, although with the ACA there's about 587658752687586 as much data you need to document so the need to separate data types out into workflows was necessary (otherwise you'd end up with a gross and endless list of questions to fill out that would never seem to end). At least Epic has embraced the workflow concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It is positively bonkers to me that bars are open anywhere right now.
                                Just before the MN shutdown, the (sports) bars/breweries I went to had either NO rail service, or they had 2 stools, then a plexiglass divider, then 2 more stools, etc. Obv masks were required if you were not in your seat, etc etc.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X