Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to remember the last time I saw a credit card imprint machine. Mid-2000s, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Trying to remember the last time I saw a credit card imprint machine. Mid-2000s, maybe?
      We had them at the Big Box store I worked at as a 3rd tier backup if they were needed as of May 2019. There was one occasion where the credit system went down and we were only doing cash for an hour or so... We got so far as to start digging the imprint machines out from the back...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Trying to remember the last time I saw a credit card imprint machine. Mid-2000s, maybe?
        I was at a store that kept one as a BCP need. Want to guess how I learned that?

My baby girl is teething. She’s working on both lateral incisors at the same time. I hate teething. Something my wife’s friend sent us yesterday: People keep telling me that parenting babies is easy peasy lemon squeezy, but it’s really difficult difficult lemon difficult.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I was at a store that kept one as a BCP need. Want to guess how I learned that?

My baby girl is teething. She’s working on both lateral incisors at the same time. I hate teething. Something my wife’s friend sent us yesterday: People keep telling me that parenting babies is easy peasy lemon squeezy, but it’s really difficult difficult lemon difficult.
          Yup. wT baby has her first molars coming in. The teething isn't as bad now that she's older, but trying to feed a headstrong girl/dragon that only wants to feed herself but doesn't have the motor skills for forks or spoons yet, is fun. How do I make everything a finger food but not in choke size pieces?
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Yup. wT baby has her first molars coming in. The teething isn't as bad now that she's older, but trying to feed a headstrong girl/dragon that only wants to feed herself but doesn't have the motor skills for forks or spoons yet, is fun. How do I make everything a finger food but not in choke size pieces?
            There is a group out there called baby led weaning. My Wife has been following them and trying to use most of their structure for teaching our baby how to eat. They produce some guidelines out there for children at various stages and what size chunks their food should be prepared. You may want to give them a try, some of it seems pretty interesting. In theory, it leads to babies who are more open to a variety of foods. I’m about 75/25 in favor.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I bet there are a few in the northern UP. I mean, as of 2009, maybe 2010 Bruce Crossing still had a working stand-alone payphone booth. An actual booth.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Afternoon, Lodge. Hit up a new brewery today, a 4 person operation, the brewer and server are from my local brewery I frequent. It's basically the same thing, with the same range of beers, but they do show some promise, and looking forward to visit again. Very interactive with the customers, and open to constructive criticism. MN Gopher football is back, playing The Whore tonight (sorry, wT!). Pure winter coming (again), but next weekend there is talk of 50 degrees (yay!).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Guten Morgen! :-D
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. So, when I bought this condo, I bought the furniture from the previous owner as well. It was all really nice, new, tasteful. I think that’s probably a reason they accepted my offer over others. Now I know why. I have a feeling they knew that the sleep sofa and roll top desk that were in this room were not able to fit through the door to the room and they didn’t want to deal with what it would take to remove it.

When I got rid of the desk a couple of months ago, I thought maybe they had it assembled in the room. Had to use a junk removal company to break it apart to get it out of here. This morning I had my handyman guy and his son come in to try and move the sleep sofa from this room to the living room. Took the legs off, took the mattress out. Took the door to the room off to get the added couple of inches to maneuver it through. And it wouldn’t fit. Handyman guy was looking at the wall separating the living room from the second bedroom and he thinks they rebuilt that wall and these two items were placed in the second bedroom and then they redid the wall. Seems a bit excessive but it’s the only way these items could get in here. So I guess now I will have to call a junk company to destroy this so it can be removed whenever I move. Ugh.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Good morning Lodge. So, when I bought this condo, I bought the furniture from the previous owner as well. It was all really nice, new, tasteful. I think that’s probably a reason they accepted my offer over others. Now I know why. I have a feeling they knew that the sleep sofa and roll top desk that were in this room were not able to fit through the door to the room and they didn’t want to deal with what it would take to remove it.

When I got rid of the desk a couple of months ago, I thought maybe they had it assembled in the room. Had to use a junk removal company to break it apart to get it out of here. This morning I had my handyman guy and his son come in to try and move the sleep sofa from this room to the living room. Took the legs off, took the mattress out. Took the door to the room off to get the added couple of inches to maneuver it through. And it wouldn’t fit. Handyman guy was looking at the wall separating the living room from the second bedroom and he thinks they rebuilt that wall and these two items were placed in the second bedroom and then they redid the wall. Seems a bit excessive but it’s the only way these items could get in here. So I guess now I will have to call a junk company to destroy this so it can be removed whenever I move. Ugh.
                              THat is nuts! I don't think I would like any of my furniture that much.

Good Evening Lodge!
                              Coming out from under a week of correcting, doing evals and trying to catch up after not having reliable internet those few weeks. It is Fall, lots of leaves are down and it has been chilly the last few days.
                              Been thinking of ways to do the holidays with just the 3 of us. I think of all those people who live out away from everyone- or the people who moved far away from folks and didn't have the ability to get together. They managed because that was the way it was. So, I am trying to look at it like something to be creative with instead of whining about what we can't have. Some positives for us- no stress from people who are freaking because something is not on schedule, no stress because mr les has to work and is running late, no moving furniture around unless we want to.

Now if only work was not so labor intensive.

Comment

• Re: holidays:
                                Since my brother and his family rarely follow the rules (they are not militant about it, but if they can get away with it, they will), T-Day is out for me and our parents, with that part of the family. So, the aforementioned 3 of us will have a small dinner for T-day. It sucks, but that's the way it has to be in our world.

Comment

Working...
                                X