Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Lodge peeps. My friend that lives a few floors above me helped me get the rug out of my place and into the dumpster. Hooray! As for the couch, now I'm wondering if they got it in by removing the door to the room. And will that be a way to get it out. I don't feel comfortable doing that by myself. I could get that handyman back in here. But to pay him for that and then find out it's not the answer? I can't think about that today. The Maids (that's the name of the copmany) are coming in a some point today to clean! Boy howdy do they have their work cut out for them - ha!!

Comment

• Good luck!

I'm moving next weekend, so my condo is a maze of boxes, packed and unpacked. I hate this. I can't wait to be moved.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Good luck!

I'm moving next weekend, so my condo is a maze of boxes, packed and unpacked. I hate this. I can't wait to be moved.
        And then you'll have a maze of boxes at the new place, wondering why the contents of your 750sq ft. apartment takes up 1700sq ft. of your new 2100sq. ft. home. You'd swear this stuff grows as you move.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

And then you'll have a maze of boxes at the new place, wondering why the contents of your 750sq ft. apartment takes up 1700sq ft. of your new 2100sq. ft. home. You'd swear this stuff grows as you move.
          There are two types of movers.
          1. Put all the boxes in the main living room area, I will sort it out later.
          2. All boxes are labeled as to which room they belong to. Follow those instructions, or I will tear your head off.

I am the first type.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!
            T minus 12 h to get my internets and provider changed over. Good thing because the last 3 days my internet access has gone doen the po oper. mr les psent 2 h on the phone losing it and got a grand total of 30$ off.
            My clinical classes have been dropping off the meetings. So irritating.
            I chose 10-12 because usually mr les is home by noonish and lilnsl never does anything Sat AM. Of course, true to form, tomw mr les practice time changed and lilnsl is going to breakfast with his buds. I am alone to deal with Comcast. Not a happy chick Whatfu would happen if I had the attitude they did about being places I am supposed to be.

Not cheerful.

I have 21 papers to correct. 21 midterm evals to write - I asked for info on this last Wednesday. Crickets. Told my Tues and Thu group what to do and they came out with a blanket instruction yesterday afternoon. Not what I said to do and what they wrote is confusing and makes no sense so multiple emails, texts from students asking what the hell they are trying to tell us how to do. And in all that, a lesson to plan because the bozos don't' do their job to plan. Annnnd dad les is turning 90 next week so we are going over to socially distant /virtually party. My stepmum refused to plan too soon and then called me Thu to rip me a new orrifice because I hadn't planned what she wanted me to wait about. And to inform me that all the things she said wait or we should do we are doing the way we decided (not what the email confirms, those emails are a b1tch when they say the opposite of what she insists she remembers)

I am feeling a wee bit stressed.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge! :-)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Spent the afternoon at a local brewery, playing cribbage and getting sneak peeks at upcoming brews (it's good to know the brewer!). Definitely two types of people (and one type was chastised, friendly-like): those who know how to play cribbage, and those who don't. The people who knew how to play were analyzing the games as they went on, quite entertaining to learn the styles of play (yes, there are different ways to look at hands and how to play the odds and such).

For those that know how to play, it was funny seeing reactions from those that didn't know, when counting came about:
                  "Yeah, so, that's a double run for 8, 15s for 6 more." (it really is automatic like that)
                  Non-cribbage people: Dafuq?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Evening, Lodge. Spent the afternoon at a local brewery, playing cribbage and getting sneak peeks at upcoming brews (it's good to know the brewer!). Definitely two types of people (and one type was chastised, friendly-like): those who know how to play cribbage, and those who don't. The people who knew how to play were analyzing the games as they went on, quite entertaining to learn the styles of play (yes, there are different ways to look at hands and how to play the odds and such).

For those that know how to play, it was funny seeing reactions from those that didn't know, when counting came about:
                    "Yeah, so, that's a double run for 8, 15s for 6 more." (it really is automatic like that)
                    When I was in Undergrad we used to play cribbage with one of my friend's Mum. Se played with reckless abandon, did things that could come out poorly but usually didn't. It drove my friend crazy. He would lose it saying how illogical it was. I loved it. I would be her pair and we would whoop them every time. Fond memories!

We have real internets. Took the guy close to 4 hours. Turned out the line for comcast had been messed up when the tree guy ripped the lines of the neighbor's house. Guy was awesome. Had to be up and down the pole a bunch but finally we had a phone, internets and TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Evening, Lodge. Spent the afternoon at a local brewery, playing cribbage and getting sneak peeks at upcoming brews (it's good to know the brewer!). Definitely two types of people (and one type was chastised, friendly-like): those who know how to play cribbage, and those who don't. The people who knew how to play were analyzing the games as they went on, quite entertaining to learn the styles of play (yes, there are different ways to look at hands and how to play the odds and such).

Learned to play cribbage from my grandparents when I was in elementary school. Helped me learn math at the time. Never played much except at fish camp every year where we would play for hours on end.

When I picked up my future wife for our first date, I was making small talk with my future MIL. They had a cribbage board on their table so I asked about it. Told her I only played for a week each year but that I was capable. I was immediately invited for Sunday dinner and cribbage as she saw what she thought was an easy mark. Came back Sunday and barely talked with wife-to-be since MIL wanted to play for $$$ ASAP. Played for $0.25 a game/double on skunks/$0.01 a point and proceeded to fleece her for about $10. Tried to refuse her paying me since she just feed me a free meal but she just told me that I would be back next week. I had a Sunday game & meal date for the next few years. Could have dumped my future wife and my MIL would still would have invited me over just to play. I always told my wife that her mother owed me so much $$$ from her cribbage losses that the only way she could get out from under that debt was to make her daughter marry me.
                      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                      Groucho Marx
                      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                      Ron White
                      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

• Now I just have to find people that actually know how to play Mahjong (sometimes spelled Mah Jongg). My family actually has two sets that are made of ivory (which was outlawed wayyyyyyyyyy back when). One has been handed down the the first-born child, currently in my parents' possession, I'm in line to inherit it, the other was bought off the internet and verified (my brother bought it from China, and had it appraised, since he was second-born, yet wanted a real set; he found a real treasure there).

Such a great game.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. It's been awhile since I played cribbage. Used to play against my dad. Card games were always a good option to play with the blind man, as he has braille cards, and as long as you announce cards as you play them for pegging, he does a great job keeping track.
                              Oh Hell is the game we play as a family. Many fun evenings spent playing that.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Happy Monday.

So, lotsa drama yesterday. My mom's brother that passed - his stepdaughter arranged a ceremony at a cemetery on Friday. His body was cremated. I was unable to go but my brother and niece took my mom. My other aunt and her husband also attended. The aunt that lived with my mom did not. Said she wasn't feeling well. I still think she just didn't want to go, but whatever. Stepdaughter had told my mom that she was limited to the number of people. She chose to not invite my mom's cousins who actually live in the small town where the ceremony was. They were ****ed as they were both very close with my uncle.

Yesterday I was at my mom's. Helped her send a quick text to stepdaughter saying that Friday's ceremony was very nice, happy she had the chance to say goodbye to her brother. Very simple, positive. Then, about an hour later, the phone rings. It's other aunt, who got a text from stepdaughter reaming her out for not calling her when my uncle passed instead of the lovely text my aunt sent. Said it was inappropriate and hurtful. That when my father died, she called and she knows our cousins called us. While my mom and live-in aunt were talking to other aunt, I check my phone. I had a text from my brother in LA. He got his own missive ripping him one for texting and not calling. She said in that text she sent the same to my other brother. Then she sent me one. Told me how much it meant to her that I came to view the body the day after my uncle passed and that I will probably get wind of the text she sent to my aunt and brothers. And again explaining how hurtful it was no one called, just sent texts and she has spent three years taking care of him and all that.

I had both my brothers on the phone the next hour. They both sent her texts back saying they were very sorry she was upset. The texts they sent were genuine and sincere and wanted to get a quick message to her knowing she would be dealing with arrangements all day. Then they called her out on her accusations:
                                - She didn't call all of us when my father died. I called her the next morning and left a voicemail to let her know. She called my mom's house and I talked to her. She texted brother in LA (not called), and he screenshotted it in his text back to her
                                - Our cousins texted us when my dad died. If that. I spoke to two, but that's because they answered when I called them.
                                - Older brother was really taken aback by the text, she hardly recognized him reaching out when uncle passed and, when my dad died, his first contact with her was at the wake
                                - The week leading up to my dad's funeral, she mostly contacted me and brother in LA asking for help in getting my uncle to the wake and funeral up to and including the morning of the funeral when she texted my brother while we were in the receiving line asking him to come out to the parking lot to help her get my uncle out of the car
                                - Speaking of inappropriate and hurtful, older brother reminded her that she blew up at my mother and live-in aunt a few months back because my mom called the nursing home to get an update because stepdaughter hadn't been providing any info. Swore several times, threatened my mom she wouldn't even tell her when my uncle passed and then hung up on her.
                                - Stepdaughter's first call when uncle passed was not to my mom, but the widow of a cousin who she was in more contact with. And she never called other aunt at all.

We all totally get that she is now entering a phase of her life that doesn't include having to take care of uncle, which she's done for the past three years. And she's realizing she's pretty much alone. But there was no reason for what she did yesterday. My mom is livid. I told her not to call or text her. You know, in this day and age, people use texting. Good or bad, that's the world we live in. Should we have all called? Maybe. Oy. Now I need to gather my thoughts and respond. She got hit both barrels from my brothers so I'm going to wait a bit for her to digest that.

Comment

Working...
                                X