• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Don't remind me about the baseball cards which I gave my younger brother when I lost interest. That is besides the ones which my mother discarded.

Edit: and the complete set of the 1962 Mars Attacks originals. (Of course they went up a lot more after he sold them. They were all in at least very good condition including an unmarked checklist.)
      My brother had a Millennium Falcon and X wing fighter from the 70s/80s that my mom sold at a yard sale a couple years before the prequels came out. I think she sold them for $10 total, if that.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Still no update on the job, wT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Still no update on the job, wT?
          Got the offer last Monday. Had the org announcement Friday. Have enjoyed the ego boost from some of the comments on the org announcement, such as "congrats. well deserved".
          Moved into an office at the end of the week, no more cubicle. Nice to have a private space where I can remove my mask, zoom with the door shut and speakers on instead of being plugged into headphones or on the phone.

Now I need to hire my replacement for the engineering position.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Congrats!!! Here's hoping you find a capable replacement who will learn quickly so you don't have to do two jobs anymore.

Comment

• Congrats on the new job, WT! Awesome to hear, and I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Hi Lodge. Set up a furniture pick up today with Habitat for Humanity. Chose the 8am-12noon window. Confirmed it last night, they could not narrow the time down. Was told I would get a call from the driver when 30-40 minutes out. It's just about 11:45. No call. Which means whenever they do call, if they do, will be mid afternoon. When I have three meetings. GAH!! I get that this is a charity. I'm just freaking out because I have a lot of stuff and I'm concerned it's not going to happen. Or if they come, it's one guy and he says it's too much stuff for one guy to move. Or something. My anxiety level is super high right now.

ETA: I called the company a little after 12 noon, they had me on the list as the 2nd pick up of the day. I don't buy that, but whatever. The driver FINALLY called at 12:20, said it take 40-50 minutes to get here. They arrived around 1:05. I asked if, when they were done, they could move the couch in the second bedroom into the living room. He hemmed and hawed but agreed to it. When they were done and I paid, they went in the room to move the couch annndddd.....it didn't fit through the door. ::head desk:: Said it would have to be disassembled. Told them to leave it. I guess when I move the movers can take it apart and put it together when they get it to my new place. Ugh. I guess I can wheel my desk chair to the living room so I can watch TV for the rest of my time here. So, no need to offer up a tip I guess. I also offered water but they passed.

Next up - the cleaning service comes tomorrow. And boy do they have their work cut out for them. I also need to figure out a way to get a rug down to the dumpster. Not going to worry about that now. Will give that a whirl later tonight.
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 10-15-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Hi Lodge. Set up a furniture pick up today with Habitat for Humanity. Chose the 8am-12noon window. Confirmed it last night, they could not narrow the time down. Was told I would get a call from the driver when 30-40 minutes out. It's just about 11:45. No call. Which means whenever they do call, if they do, will be mid afternoon. When I have three meetings. GAH!! I get that this is a charity. I'm just freaking out because I have a lot of stuff and I'm concerned it's not going to happen. Or if they come, it's one guy and he says it's too much stuff for one guy to move. Or something. My anxiety level is super high right now.
                      Did they show up? Did your stuff get moved? Inquiring minds want to know.

wT baby had an appointment with a nutritionist today, and since I have vacation to use or lose, I took the day off work. It's been wonderful.
                      The nutritionist appointment was probably not necessary, but the doctor was concerned when wT baby hadn't gained any weight between her 12 month and 15 month check up. Something about being in the 2nd percentile on the weight chart. I just think that means that out of a room full of 100 babies, 1 is still going to weigh less than her. I'm not surprised she's tiny. I used to be tiny (before I had disposable income and unlimited access to junk food and fast food), NaSK is not particularly large...used to wrestle in the lightest weight class.
                      Baby girl is healthy though, full of energy, and super adorable.

Arenas visited:

Comment

• Yes, wT, they FINALLY showed up. I edited my post with the story.

So, with regards to the sleep sofa in my second bedroom, my friend said the cost to have a mover take it apart and put together may be more expensive than buying a new one. I'm so confused as to how they got this in here in the first place. When I bought this place, I bought their furniture so it was already in here. I'm not sure this couch can be taken apart. It may have to be destroyed. I have no issue buying a new one but due to COVID, you have to wait, like, 4-6 weeks. So I'd probably have to buy it now in order to have it in my place before Christmas. My brother is thinking of coming home (another stress thing for me) and I do not want him to stay with my mom and aunt so he will stay with me and he needs a bed. I may go furniture shopping this weekend and see if I buy it, when they think it would be delivered. So many things to think about! I have a bit of a stress headache right now.

Now I'm trying to get the faux oriental rug I had on my living room floor out to the dumpster. It's way heavier than I thought. I'm going to beg a neighbor to help me get it down there. Maybe one of the maids coming tomorrow can help me.

Comment

• Rugs are heavy. My grandparents had a couple, and they were a beech to move.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Morning. The lodge has been busy. New jobs, new places to live! Congrats to all.

I rebooked my Olympic trip last week. Despite having credits, similar plane tickets cost me an extra $800 per person.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X