• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I am still waiting for the help sessions they offered for how to deal with the stuff I am supposed to be teaching in 8 days. They might as well tell me to teach calculus if they aren't going to give me any sort of how to. I also have a laptop that they still haven't set up.

On the 'positive side' I spent from about 10:45-4:30ish on the phone tracking down and dealing with the person who is not dead but had disappeared situation. She is not disappeared but the person who is legally responsible is under the influence most of the time and not answering their phone calls. And the undisappeared person is not competent to change the status of that. I can't even begin to describe how totally messed the family dynamics are in this. whutf
      I enjoyed teaching Calculus when I was in grad school. :-) BTW, it surprises me that to the best of my knowledge no student whom I had when I taught Calc and other undergrad math courses has ever shown up on USCHO. Not even any of the hockey players.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I enjoyed teaching Calculus when I was in grad school. :-) BTW, it surprises me that to the best of my knowledge no student whom I had when I taught Calc and other undergrad math courses has ever shown up on USCHO. Not even any of the hockey players.
        The math killed them!
        Haven't been able to get on. messaged Board thru FB with almost instant answer

Today was a better day. Laptop is finally dealt with. Now I need to decide when I switch over.

No one died, thought they were dying, thought someone else was dying. Yay!

Found out the access they gave me for my resource was incorrect so it wasn't me that was screwed up. Still not sure how to do stuff but I am so glad there was a reason it didn't work other than I am clueless.

Managed to reschedule a bunch of things- half of which the place had changed me without asking.

Cleared out more stuff that repopulated the attic- lilnsl has reorganized, cleaned and brought stuff for donation.

And now I need a nap!

Nighty Night Lodge!

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Oh good, we're back!! Has there been any announcement on what happened yesterday?

Business unit wide meeting today. My team is receiving an Excellence Award! My boss told me about a few weeks back. These awards are kinda a big deal. It comes with a pretty decent cash award. We were offered either cash or a super huge amount of points to our recognition program that you can redeem in a prize catalog. There's trips and stuff you can get, but who the heck is traveling these days. I already have plenty of points that I feel I can't use. I may be doing some Christmas shopping there. Anyway...taking the cash. I actually blew dry my hair today and put product in just in case it will be a video call.

Comment

• Yeah I wondered if that was the plug officially being pulled.

Congrats to your boss! Those recognition points can be amazing. I ended up with a zillion at the end of my old job and traded them in for like a $250 winter jacket.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  Yeah I wondered if that was the plug officially being pulled.

Congrats to your boss! Those recognition points can be amazing. I ended up with a zillion at the end of my old job and traded them in for like a $250 winter jacket.
                  I used some points to get a new 32" TV for my bedroom. I think I'm going to get a camera next (les - I may reach out to get your thoughts on which one!). The good thing about this program is you can accrue points to get a bigger thing. You can also get gift cards, but they don't have ones like Visa or Amex, which they should.

And it's congrats to me and my co-workers. We each are getting this award. I'm not sure she gets anything - she really wasn't involved. She was informed we got it, which is why she told me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    Yeah I wondered if that was the plug officially being pulled.

Congrats Scarlet!

I put in a ticket but decided to think out of the box and message Board on FB, not having Twitter, to ask if they had killed the Forum.

Got a response, fairly quickly, thanking me for letting them know it was down and suggesting that next time I put in a ticket. Told them I had but after seeing multiple posts where people complained there was no response to tickets I thought I would try messaging.

Asked if there were plans to shut it down as the rumors posted were implying it was imminent. They responded there was no intention to do that. Also said the multiple outages were related to a needed fix which should be implemented tomorrow (this morning). That multiple forums were having this issue which was related to something to do with database issues (or something like that. not being a tech person I have no idea).

Today was market day- always a wasted day as I have to go pick up stuff in the middle of the day then put it away. By the time that is accomplished it is usually close to 2. Then a friend came over for a couple of hours. Now the day has ended and not much has been accomplished. I feel like I did when I had a baby- felt like I never sat down but nothing was accomplished. sigh.

Comment

• Every 5 years we get to pick something out of a catalog. At my 15yr Anniv, I got a surround sound system. Here's the kicker: that was the only thing worth anything to me, and it'd be pointless for me to get it, since can't really maximize it in a 1BR apt. So I gave it to my brother. Should be interesting if they are still doing that thing next year, when I hit my 20th Anniv.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Evening, Lodge!

Big weekend ahead. Annual Gopher Road Trip Crew fall get-together on Sat, then a brewery's Members Only party (60 members, with +1s if applicable) on Sun. Looks like great weather all weekend, too. Still a LITTLE haze from the west coast fires, but it's getting better.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!

Just finished the basic stuff I needed to send the students but I am still clueless about what I am doing. Turned out there was a confusion and I had the correct version and the person telling us what to do (including telling us we didn't need to do certain things) had a different version and we need to do a bunch of stuff. So, I think I navigated stuff the correct way, enough to get the notifications out. Other than that.... Well, yeah.

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X