This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure of your condo, but I am deeply concerned of the following:
    • The low end condo market (where I live) is going to have the bottom drop out of it. COVID has disproportionately impacted lower-scale earners (hospitality, retail, etc.), and that's who often buys condos like mine. I really need to get out soon. Hopefully I'll be able to sell quickly, now that I have a P&S on a new house signed.
    • The mid-high end condo market in urban or exurban communities are going to be impacted as well as people realize they don't need to live in the city to be near work anymore. We've asked the sellers at most of the houses we've looked at buying and the two common answers are "I need more space because we're all working from home" and "we want to downsize and the market is bonkers".

In the Merrimack Valley, the low end condo market took years to recover from the 2008/2009 collapse. I'm petrified of being chained to this longer.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      I'm not sure of your condo, but I am deeply concerned of the following:
      • The low end condo market (where I live) is going to have the bottom drop out of it. COVID has disproportionately impacted lower-scale earners (hospitality, retail, etc.), and that's who often buys condos like mine. I really need to get out soon. Hopefully I'll be able to sell quickly, now that I have a P&S on a new house signed.
      • The mid-high end condo market in urban or exurban communities are going to be impacted as well as people realize they don't need to live in the city to be near work anymore. We've asked the sellers at most of the houses we've looked at buying and the two common answers are "I need more space because we're all working from home" and "we want to downsize and the market is bonkers".

In the Merrimack Valley, the low end condo market took years to recover from the 2008/2009 collapse. I'm petrified of being chained to this longer.
      We had the bottom drop out around 1994/5 ish. Lost our shirt on our 2 family. Ended up buying and renting that but it was a pain. Soon after we sold the rental market skied and we could have gotten triple what we were getting.

We just met with our financial guy yesterday too. I a so hoping the State offers a yr added to age so mr les can get out. We are all set as long as we don't do anything crazy but it only works if he doesn't get sick or die from getting stuff at work. On the other hand the stress has me not eating and I have lost a bunch of weight. June cannot come soon enough.

And in other news- I got a SHingrix and a TDAP yesterday. Holy dooo dooo. I feel like crud. Fever, aching, malaise, and my arm feels like I got a typhoid vaccine (anyone who has gotten one of those will know what I mean). I took a 3 hour nap wrapped in a fuzzy blanket and I am still exhausted.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Mornin' Lodge.

All day rain here, and my brother is having a Bachelor BBQ get-together (we're old, it's not a party ). This means it won't be outdoors; probably hanging out in the garage/house. I will probably only know my brother and no one else, so going to skip it, due to lack of social distancing. I don't know what those other people have been doing. I feel bad about it, but I'm not gonna chance anything.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Yawn!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                I'm not sure of your condo, but I am deeply concerned of the following:

This is why I’m going to try now to sell and get out. If I wait, I don’t think I’ll get anywhere near what I could get now. Not that I’ll get what I might’ve been able to get six months ago.

Comment

• Either yesterday or today, I became as old as the average of the ages my parents reached. i am living on borrowed time now. :-(

The reason that I am not sure of the date is because I don't know what time of day either was born. I also should probably give each of them a few additional hours since they were born in Europe and died in the US.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Either yesterday or today, I became as old as the average of the ages my parents reached. i am living on borrowed time now. :-(

The reason that I am not sure of the date is because I don't know what time of day either was born. I also should probably give each of them a few additional hours since they were born in Europe and died in the US.
                    This is something I would never think of.

Good Evening Lodge or almost morning RFALph.

It has been a crazy few days. Yesterday I got a frantic calls from the older inlaws that one of the siblings has 'disappeared'. They are frantic the person is dead. Mind you, the person is never referred to without the qualifiers of how much of a screw up they are, and the only conversation about them is complaints. My FIL decides I will know how to track this person down. I try to explain HIPPA may preclude us finding anything. Then the Aunt in Law calls- with a garbled story that is as linear as a pot of spaghetti. (I took patient histories for >30 yrs. it is saying something that I struggled to figure out WTH.

4 hours later I had managed to find out the person had declined to let her daughter, listed as next of kin, know her medical info. She was competent, had been discharged to a Rehab facility with the last 4 digits of the telephone number and the town but no name of the facility (therefore technically not breaching HIPPA). lilnsl says I am saving the inlaws, one phone call at a time. mr les asks me if it was weird to be searching for a live person (they call my genealogy looking for the dead people).

I am patting myself on the back that I have managed a miracle to get that far. The AIL is a bag of anxiety- she then convinces herself the lady is dead after she was discharged to another facility. She is not admitted anywhere and they would inform the wastrel daughter if she died. There is no logic. I needed an anxiolytic by the time I am off the phone. I do not reach thru the phone and do harm but it is a near thing.

Get a call this morning. She has now convinced herself the woman is in hospice and this is why we aren't hearing and I need to find her!!! Gahhhhhh!1!!1!!!1! I very firmly tell her to get a grip. I left no stone unturned yesterday and I am not calling anyone today. I will try the caseworker at the hospital she was at on Monday to see if I can leave a number.

You cannot make this stuff up. This is the woman that the family pretty much disowned. When I got married I found out she existed when I was told she needed to be invited. My whole married life all I have heard is all the stuff about how they don't want her to call and what a mess up she is. I do not understand people.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Posting from my new office set up! Two things to now deal with:

- Brand new monitor does not have a web cam so any video meetings will have to be done on my laptop. What's the point of offering a monitor to use while working from home if you can't do the video calls you're now supposed to do?
                          - I have my laptop on this desk to the left of the monitor. The computer desk comes with one of those built in power outlets on that side. However, the jack for my headset is on the right side of the laptop. So the cord is in the way when I type on the keyboard. Need to see if there is a headphone jack on the monitor or move the laptop to the right side of the monitor. #firstworldproblems

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Good morning Lodge. Posting from my new office set up! Two things to now deal with:

- Brand new monitor does not have a web cam so any video meetings will have to be done on my laptop. What's the point of offering a monitor to use while working from home if you can't do the video calls you're now supposed to do?
                            - I have my laptop on this desk to the left of the monitor. The computer desk comes with one of those built in power outlets on that side. However, the jack for my headset is on the right side of the laptop. So the cord is in the way when I type on the keyboard. Need to see if there is a headphone jack on the monitor or move the laptop to the right side of the monitor. #firstworldproblems
                            I am still waiting for the help sessions they offered for how to deal with the stuff I am supposed to be teaching in 8 days. They might as well tell me to teach calculus if they aren't going to give me any sort of how to. I also have a laptop that they still haven't set up.

On the 'positive side' I spent from about 10:45-4:30ish on the phone tracking down and dealing with the person who is not dead but had disappeared situation. She is not disappeared but the person who is legally responsible is under the influence most of the time and not answering their phone calls. And the undisappeared person is not competent to change the status of that. I can't even begin to describe how totally messed the family dynamics are in this. whutf

Comment

• Jeeeeeeeeesus, les.

A friend set up a free poker game tonight, online. Some odd site I never heard of, but it was fun. 5 person game only (at least for tonight). She's said that up to 20 (10 per table) has shown up in the past. Hadn't played in about 3 years. Still have some mojo. Won the first game, and placed 2nd (guy hit his river* card to win) in the 2nd game.

*River card: the last community card to come up. He had 4 "outs" (the number of ways he could win).
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X