X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Evening Lodge!
    I have 22 VCR tapes that I need to convert to DVDs. You would think there would be a machine that could do that. No. We tried 3 different times to buy software program to do it and it failed out every time. This is amazing to me. Found a place that does it for under 20$ a tape but holy crud.
    Unless you are really familiar with tech, just go to a business that does it. A little more expensive in the short run, but worth it, to not put forth the effort in buying equipment/doing it yourself.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• s’upp y’all

back in Kuwait

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      So.... I think I bought a house this weekend. We made an offer and it was accepted. Just scheduled the home inspection.
      Close enough to baba sushi mookie hopes!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!

Lil' wore Black is almost 11 weeks old and is at daycare. He is doing well there and all the kids love him. We found an in-home daycare that is way more cost effective. It is nice that I can take him there on my days off so I can get stuff done and not have to haul all the baby gear.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              Good Morning, Lodge!

Lil' wore Black is almost 11 weeks old and is at daycare. He is doing well there and all the kids love him. We found an in-home daycare that is way more cost effective. It is nice that I can take him there on my days off so I can get stuff done and not have to haul all the baby gear.
              My lil one is almost 7mos old now and daycare has been great for her. Due to COVID, she's one of two children assigned to her "teacher", and she's been loving it. It took a while for that to be the case because she only goes twice per week, and we were isolated for so long since COVID restrictions on society hit about 4 weeks after she was born.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Wow, I cn't believe it has been so long for either baby!
                I figured out the DVD thing is not feasible to do ourselves but it is just crazy there isn't more of a business to do that.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

• Hey Lodge. Took today off. Had plans with my team for a get together that wound up getting postponed because it was kinda rainy till about 1:00 and people didn’t want to go even though I said the radar showed the rain would be over by 1:30.

Spent a little time today on this early retirement offer. I called my mortgage company to see what my end date is. For the past 3+ years I’ve been paying extra towards my principle and as it turns out, I’ll be done paying it in five years instead of nine. That was good to hear. Spoke with my manager at length. She was really open with me, told me she doesn’t want me to go but if this opportunity is that good for me, I need to do what’s best for me. She told me that I’m not in danger of having my position eliminated, at least for the next year. There will be reductions in force happening this fall and she told me in confidence what work she’s been doing behind the scenes to secure our jobs.

I signed up for one of the webinars they’re offering and spoke with an “ambassador” from Goldman Sachs who scheduled a one on one call with an advisor for next Thursday, and then set up a meeting with my financial advisor guy for Friday. I really need some help understanding all of this. I don’t get the terms they’re throwing around. I need more info on health insurance, etc.

I think I may need to sell my condo. You know, if my mom’s sister didn’t move in with her last year, I’d feel more confident in taking this offer, would sell this place and move in with my mom (les - we’d be sorta neighbors!) and could live off of the money I’d get till my retirement money kicked in. Arrrghh! So much to think about.

Comment

• If there is a way to swing it do it!! Move somewhere cheaper and then car insurance will be cheaper.
                    I wish mr les would jump. I don't know if I am going to make it until next June. this is worse than stressful

Comment

• Scarlet: I'd "like" that post for being so far ahead on your condo payments, if Board would let me. *sigh* I'm about a year ahead on my car payments, and I thought *I* was doing well!

Evening, Lodge. Despite the holiday looming, where normally business tails off...NOPE. Getting whooped hardcore. All bosses were even picking orders today to get out w/o OT (which we've had every day this week). It's crazy.

Derby Day on Saturday! WOO HOO!
                      Otherwise, just a small BBQ/bottle share ON Labor Day; some beer geek friends are getting together and trying some new stuff, and the host is smoking some pulled pork and pork butt.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
                                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                                X