• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Anyone here?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Talked (or rather, DMed) with my brother. 7 out of 7 tested negative in his group for the Rona after Sturgis, although, there are seven days to go, per the recommendations. We'll see what happens.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• The entertainment center got sawed down this morning/early afternoon, right before the Indy 500. That was NOT a good piece or workmanship on my end. I used a Sawzall, and by the time I was done, you could have surfed on some of the waves I left. Most of those have been sawed down at this point. There's some work to do, but most of the damage is done.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Is it possible to be burnt out at the beginning of the week? Dealt with a bunch of crap this weekend (in the literal sense..dog was sick and went poo inside the house, several times).

Sick of trying to do 2 jobs at work and underperforming on both because I can't dedicate enough time to either. Thought of quitting keeps crossing my mind, but I actually do like this company and the job, if they ever hire a quality manager (which is posted) it will get better. Unless that manager is me and they don't backfill my engineer position.

Oh, and we full time hired the temp that I don't like. I feel like if we searched for a full time opening, we would have had much better applicants. As it was, she was the only applicant that showed up to the in person interview...so by default, best person for the job (which at the time was for the 8 weeks I was out on short term disability having parasite removal surgery). She stayed because the other person in my department went out for surgery last August, and due to other health issues has not returned.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

• Yes, I completely believe it's possible to be burnt out two hours into the start of the work week. That sucks about your dog. Hope he (she?) is feeling better!

I bought a new TV for me. A bigger one, for my living room. It's being delivered on September 8th. I arranged for Geek Squad to set it up. I bought a new TV stand, it showed up Friday. Which was 10 days earlier than they said it would deliver. Borrowed my mom's portable two-wheeler so I could bring it up to my unit. I had to do it at 7:00am yesterday. One of our elevators is down and service can't show up till tomorrow. Saturday, there were two different people moving in and I didn't want to deal with fighting for the one elevator.

Anyway, I put the stand together by myself. It wasn't really that difficult but I was kinda proud of myself for getting it done. I needed to get that set up ahead of the TV delivery as Geek Squad won't put furniture together. The current TV in the living, along with the stand, is being moved into the second bedroom. The big TV in that room will be removed (I brought a picture of it to Best Buy to make sure they would take it).

In addition, I redeemed points in our recognition program to get a bigger TV for my bedroom. Right now, the TV in my bedroom is a 19" screen. It's teeny. They usually take FOREVER to deliver but I just got word that it will arrive Thursday. I may try to set that one up on my own.

Second plumber coming in Thursday for an estimate to replace the hot water heater. Trying to be proactive and replace when I can before I have to. I've been here almost 15 years. Haven't been having any issues but I feel I'm living on borrowed time with it.

Comment

• So I learned that Solar panel leases are a big giant scam this weekend.

I found the perfect house. Location, size, updates, price. Perfect. It had solar! New solar!

Leased to Vivint. Upon reading the lease agreement we walked. Why would anyone sign these things? Holy crap.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      So I learned that Solar panel leases are a big giant scam this weekend.

I found the perfect house. Location, size, updates, price. Perfect. It had solar! New solar!

Leased to Vivint. Upon reading the lease agreement we walked. Why would anyone sign these things? Holy crap.
                      Bummer!

lilnl and the mr finished my dresser into a bench and shoe storage thing. It looks awesome.
                      I still haven't bought my laptop. Called a couple of places and got none of the answers I needed or wanted. Sigh.
                      Had the start up meeting for this semester. I now manage to expect the lack of attention to detail but it still is way to weird for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Bummer!

lilnl and the mr finished my dresser into a bench and shoe storage thing. It looks awesome.
                        I still haven't bought my laptop. Called a couple of places and got none of the answers I needed or wanted. Sigh.
                        Had the start up meeting for this semester. I now manage to expect the lack of attention to detail but it still is way to weird for me.
                        Every time I've bought a laptop, I state exactly what I use it for and tell the salesperson to sell me on something. I "neglect" to tell them any research I've done, to see if they actually know what they are talking about. Basically, I play dumb. If they sound like they are on the ball, I then offer more info on what I know.

Evening, Lodge. It's nasty humid here, and will be for the next two days, before nice weather sets in. Feels weird this year without the State Fair. Kinda hard to believe that summer is almost over.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Went to do something non-work related for a bit before my 11:00am conference call. Looked at the clock, saw it was 11:02, freaked out a bit. Ran back to my laptop, logged into the meeting all set to apologize profusely for being a little late. Business partner IMs me to say "Sorry! Running a few minutes late." Ha ha!! Oh, no worries at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Every time I've bought a laptop, I state exactly what I use it for and tell the salesperson to sell me on something. I "neglect" to tell them any research I've done, to see if they actually know what they are talking about. Basically, I play dumb. If they sound like they are on the ball, I then offer more info on what I know.

Evening, Lodge. It's nasty humid here, and will be for the next two days, before nice weather sets in. Feels weird this year without the State Fair. Kinda hard to believe that summer is almost over.
                                That is what I usually do too. Unfortunately what I want to but is no longer manufactured. Apparently everyone thinks I want multiple c drives and I don't

Good morning Lodge (central time bias)!

Had our start up meeting for teaching this semester. It would be really nice if they gave any sort of guidance on how to teach what I am teaching via zoom. You would think they might offer some sort of guidance unless you knew how they operated. When I asked the response was shock that I would ask. Not that I didn't know but that this was something that I would want to know. THese chicks are very focused on what content they want to present but have zero thought about the importance of how it gets presented
                                Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X