Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well, with the news today I’m definitely bailing on the D-1 forum. And with the way this board is going I may just bail on the whole thing.
    I'm here. And maybe the Extras thread. That's it. What allured me into this world has maintained, but the structure of it is pushing me away. Ah well. You know where the end of the rainbow is, you all can find me in other places if you look.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

That sucks! But you can't leave us. Who will post pink ponies? I would miss you
          Stupid budget cuts. I am sad for you and the program and fans. I'm glad my friends and I were able to get to a game in Anchorage years ago.

I agree with les, we would miss you and sometimes we will need ponies.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

• Over 2.5 million? Is that for real?
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• So last week (post 509 here), I ate for the first time in almost six months in a restaurant with a waitress or waiter. (Actually it was outside of the restaurant.) The restaurant is called Lupo Marino, which apparently means Sea Wolf in Italian, and now UAA folds its hockey program. I hope that there wasn't a connection. :-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                Over 2.5 million? Is that for real?
                That’s the total for all four teams they’re cutting: hockey, gymnastics, skiing (Men’s and Women’s).

And they have to add at least one sport to be at NCAA minimum.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  So last week (post 509 here), I ate for the first time in almost six months in a restaurant with a waitress or waiter. (Actually it was outside of the restaurant.) The restaurant is called Lupo Marino, which apparently means Sea Wolf in Italian, and now UAA folds its hockey program. I hope that there wasn't a connection. :-)
                  It’s all your fault!
                  It’s all your fault!
                  It’s all your fault!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          That’s the total for all four teams they’re cutting: hockey, gymnastics, skiing (Men’s and Women’s).

And they have to add at least one sport to be at NCAA minimum.
                          I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything, but that seems like a staggeringly short sighted move.

Comment

• House hunting stinks by the way. Especially now, as the market is insane. I gave up looking in the Merrimack Valley. We're looking Worcester now - and HOLY **** do you get a lot more house there. Seriously. $50-100k less for larger, nicer houses.

There was a 3600 sq ft mansion - in great shape - in a meh neighborhood for like $340k in worcester. It's just me and the ol' lady, so we felt kind of weird looking at it. Plus the neighborhood is less than ideal and I don't want to be interlopers in an otherwise crap area.

But we're hoping to check out 3-4 houses this weekend. We were going to look at one in Lowell (Belvidere is super nice) but it was literally $100,000 more than a nicer, larger house in a similar neighborhood in Worcester.

I've lived in the Lowell area on and off for 20 years. I've no issues with Lowell. But I'm absolutely not paying a $100,000 premium to live here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              House hunting stinks by the way. Especially now, as the market is insane. I gave up looking in the Merrimack Valley. We're looking Worcester now - and HOLY **** do you get a lot more house there. Seriously. $50-100k less for larger, nicer houses.

There was a 3600 sq ft mansion - in great shape - in a meh neighborhood for like $340k in worcester. It's just me and the ol' lady, so we felt kind of weird looking at it. Plus the neighborhood is less than ideal and I don't want to be interlopers in an otherwise crap area.

But we're hoping to check out 3-4 houses this weekend. We were going to look at one in Lowell (Belvidere is super nice) but it was literally $100,000 more than a nicer, larger house in a similar neighborhood in Worcester.

I've lived in the Lowell area on and off for 20 years. I've no issues with Lowell. But I'm absolutely not paying a $100,000 premium to live here.
                              Out by Dunstable and that way seems to be much more reasonable.

Good Evening Lodge!

I would like this next few weeks to go away. Things are really messed up. It is not good to find out that people you have known for >30 yrs are lying ba5tards. If I were leaving the house I for sure would be deemed a risk to others. People suck.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X