No announcement yet.

Poll: Rep Retirement Lodge 204: Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as I can tell, it hasn't happened yet. Not sure if that means I missed it?

Comment

• Bummer about the balloon! That thing was huge!

Sigh. I have been watching the same soap opera on and off forever. A little bit of excape in a wild world. Right now watching it is not escapism. It just makes me impatient.

Good afternoon Lodge!

Comment

• Evening, Lodge. Had to go to the main building today. Apparently, most of those poor saps have not bought a (required) mask and have been suffering in overly thick ones for the last few months (company issued). Spend the 10-15 bucks and be safe AND comfortable!

Mom's bday today, turned 73, but due to the Rona, and her concerns, couldn't really celebrate anything except over the phone. My parents are concerned (rightfully) but I think they are being a little OVER-concerned when it comes to family. However, I understand. it sucks we couldn't do something.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Evening, Lodge. Had to go to the main building today. Apparently, most of those poor saps have not bought a (required) mask and have been suffering in overly thick ones for the last few months (company issued). Spend the 10-15 bucks and be safe AND comfortable!

Mom's bday today, turned 73, but due to the Rona, and her concerns, couldn't really celebrate anything except over the phone. My parents are concerned (rightfully) but I think they are being a little OVER-concerned when it comes to family. However, I understand. it sucks we couldn't do something.
              This is one of the things that they are finding is causing a lot of spread. I have to say it also completely confuses me. How is sharing genes make you safer? Unless they are all in a bubble there is no way they are all safe. You have only to look at Pro sports to see that one person indirectly connected can cause a hell of a mess.
              Just had this conversation with bro les. He's having a heck of a time because his in-laws all think they are 'making an effort' but they find many reasons to have exceptions. bro les has multiple risk factors. They think because they are mostly careful he should be fine to be around him. This is causing a lot of friction with his wife who thinks it shouldn't be a problem. Makes me think of the conversation I used to have with patients who thought they were mostly careful so were shocked when they got pregnant. The only safe sex is none. If you are not preventing a pregnancy you are planning on it.

Evening Lodge!

mr les went back to work. This is not going to end well.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                This is one of the things that they are finding is causing a lot of spread. I have to say it also completely confuses me. How is sharing genes make you safer? Unless they are all in a bubble there is no way they are all safe. You have only to look at Pro sports to see that one person indirectly connected can cause a hell of a mess.
                Just had this conversation with bro les. He's having a heck of a time because his in-laws all think they are 'making an effort' but they find many reasons to have exceptions. bro les has multiple risk factors. They think because they are mostly careful he should be fine to be around him. This is causing a lot of friction with his wife who thinks it shouldn't be a problem. Makes me think of the conversation I used to have with patients who thought they were mostly careful so were shocked when they got pregnant. The only safe sex is none. If you are not preventing a pregnancy you are planning on it.

Evening Lodge!

mr les went back to work. This is not going to end well.
                Because we all know what each other is doing. Parents told my brother to not visit for 2 weeks (he was in Sturgis). They know I don't do anything with anyone that hasn't followed the rules (and the people I hang out with don't do anything with anyone that doesn't follow the rules, and so on), I mask up, keep my distance with strangers, etc.

Evening, Lodge! Had my mid-year review today. Apparently, I'm operating at a pace that is 120% of goal (in layman's terms: depending on zone you're in, you have x seconds to complete a task; I'm doing 6 for your every 5; I have about 325-350 tasks per day). I even operated at that level in the main building, in the rare occasion I was called over there at the end of the night. All 3 bosses said that was completely insane. The boss I directly report to, we have a good working relationship, we just lay things out honestly (sometimes with cuss words ) and we go from there.

This was his first year of giving reviews, so part of it was explaining the way he works in giving the review, and part of it was how I give feedback on the review. I've been there about 10 years longer than him, so it was a little eye-opening at times for him, but he said he really appreciated the input and actually learned some new things about how operations *really* go at my off-site building (he is one of my back-ups when I'm gone, but he is low on THAT totem pole, due to his other responsibilities; he gets down there 2-3 times a year to actually do the job).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Ugh. Overnight server migration plus 9:30 AM meetings combine for a sleepy me.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Afternoon Loj!
                        Originally posted by moe24
                        Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

• Good Afternoon Lodge!

Sh1t already hitting the fan on the return to work. It is really sad to realize just how devious and dishonest people are willing to be.

And in happier news I picked up another section and am teaching 3 days a week so I should just go ahwad and get my laptop that I keep procrastinating about.

Comment

• Well, with the news today I’m definitely bailing on the D-1 forum. And with the way this board is going I may just bail on the whole thing.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Jim.

i just picked up my new glasses, which seemed like they were great in the store. Now I’m home, sitting on my couch, with my iPad in my lap, and I can’t see with them. I’m furious. Now I have to go back so they can fix the prescription.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Well, with the news today I’m definitely bailing on the D-1 forum. And with the way this board is going I may just bail on the whole thing.
                                That sucks! But you can't leave us. Who will post pink ponies? I would miss you

Comment

Working...
                                X