Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB does take the old TV away, from my experiences. They also take the packaging from the new TV away, also, and dispose of it. It's really no hassle on your end.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• I am also in the prep for online stuff. I need a new laptop. I would normally ask bro les for help with picking one. I have asked for help 2 times over the last few weeks and now I realize that he is not in a good space and help is not coming. So. I have to get on it and hope for the best. I am not smart about this stuff and it is soooo much money

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I am also in the prep for online stuff. I need a new laptop. I would normally ask bro les for help with picking one. I have asked for help 2 times over the last few weeks and now I realize that he is not in a good space and help is not coming. So. I have to get on it and hope for the best. I am not smart about this stuff and it is soooo much money
        I bought an HP a couple years ago, rather basic. It was about $500 or so from Best Buy. I don't know how much stuff you do besides surfing the web, but it fits my needs for that and streaming Netflix (and the occasional Zoom/etc). It's about a 14" screen.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

I bought an HP a couple years ago, rather basic. It was about $500 or so from Best Buy. I don't know how much stuff you do besides surfing the web, but it fits my needs for that and streaming Netflix (and the occasional Zoom/etc). It's about a 14" screen.
          I have only had HP before and I also have only bought fro BB. I need something a bit more basic because of my photography. I think I am going to end up with another HP. To replace what I have with the perks of what I have is about 1600. The same price as I had before. I was kind of hoping for less cost. Sigh. I have to have at least a 15 in screen. When I get a smaller screen my neck gets messed up. I looked into a lot of stuff before I went into a bit of a slump and I sort of know what I am ending up with but I keep hoping for something better. Dell is supposed to be better for basic stuff but they don't really offer what I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I am also in the prep for online stuff. I need a new laptop. I would normally ask bro les for help with picking one. I have asked for help 2 times over the last few weeks and now I realize that he is not in a good space and help is not coming. So. I have to get on it and hope for the best. I am not smart about this stuff and it is soooo much money

Are you married to windows based? If not, you can’t go wrong with a Mac Air or Mac Book Pro

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Are you married to windows based? If not, you can’t go wrong with a Mac Air or Mac Book Pro
                While I despise Apple (I tried using a Mac once, and couldn't stand it), from what I hear, anything to do with photography/graphic arts/etc, an Apple is the way to go.

Comment

• Hey.

On vacation this coming week. A good deal of cleaning being done the next couple days. An old entertainment center is likely to be removed/dismantled/destroyed/beaten with a shovel. If I get it out in one piece, it might take up residence in the garage.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Hey.

On vacation this coming week. A good deal of cleaning being done the next couple days. An old entertainment center is likely to be removed/dismantled/destroyed/beaten with a shovel. If I get it out in one piece, it might take up residence in the garage.
                    I've bought ONE entertainment center in my life, and it was the ONLY entertainment center I will ever buy. Moving it? HAH! That mofo got destroyed on purpose and trashed, so I didn't have to deal with it. My A/V storage/display/etc is all piecemeal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I have a ton of stuff in Windows including all my Family tree/ancestry stuff that can't be easily converted. Another day has gone by without me doing anything about it. Boo to me.

I saw Scarlet in real life today. It was wonderful to catch up. Thanks for dropping by and for the watch/tracker. So far so good- I made lilnsl set it up :P

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Hey.

lilnsl continues the journey down memory lane in the attic. We have stuff everywhere. Stuff to be recycled, donated, sorted.

Some fun finds that we have to figure out what to do with- a breadmaker, boxes of the 5 inch Floppy disks- unopened, 8 chairs that belonged to mum les parents- they went to the DR set her folks bought when they were engaged. dad les sold the table -bad feelings all around- He kept it at the house when they got divorced but then decided suddenly it needed to go- she didn't have a place to put it, he sold it and then gave her the chairs which of course went in my attic because she still didn't have a place for those either. I don't think anyone wants mahogany chairs anymore.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• So good to see you too, les! And thanks for the veggies for your garden.

We did a drive by parade for my cousin's 5-year old daughter yesterday. They had participated in a few so, in this new COVID world we're in, my cousin asked her about her birthday (which is actually the 19th) and she told her mother she wanted a parade. So, that's what we did! I was the designated lead car. On Saturday, I went out to purchase a huge mylar 5 balloon. Took great care to drive it home, had it sit in my place overnight, brought it back to the car yesterday morning. While we were all congregating to get in line for the parade, I put the balloon out the window and tied the ribbon in the car. And 24 seconds after we pulled out of the parking lot heading to their house, the wind ripped it off the ribbon. Gone forever. *sigh*

Still, it was nice. She was so excited and told her mom it was the best birthday ever! We had a family-only socially distant gathering in their big yard after the parade. It was actually kind of cool, temperature wise, so comfortable just hanging out.

We got word from the condo association that they're doing a water shut down today between noon and 2:00pm. Did a quick load of laundry at 7:30am to get that out of the way. It better not be a long shut down.

Comment

• Good afternoon, Lodge! :-)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                We got word from the condo association that they're doing a water shut down today between noon and 2:00pm. Did a quick load of laundry at 7:30am to get that out of the way. It better not be a long shut down.
                                We get those once a month on the 4th Wednesday. Because there are no individual valves to the units, they have to shut things down almost every month. When I worked it usually wasn't a problem because it typically was 9 AM to 3 PM. Now it is a pain. I must remember to fill the tub, so I can use the john. :-D
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X