Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

that is a bummer!

Good Afternoon Lodge! I just spent the last couple of hours sorting thru baby things. Sad and a bit overwhelming. Makes me realize that lilnsl world will not be anything like what he was born into.

And as an aside- it is so complicated to put someone on ignore now. Sheesh. One of the wacko trolls popped up and disappearing them was a lot of work.
    It's a bummer, but the dealing with the four companies (2 different insurance, auto body, and car rental place [Hertz, not Thrifty ]) was seamless. I was impressed. Now I just have to hope for something at least the quality of a Honda Civic and not some sh*box of a car like a Prius. Although that would be the devil's icing on this cake if I had to drive a friggin' Prius.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Question for les, but any of you can feel free to chime in. Knowing cases are creeping up here in MA, I wanted thoughts on whether it would be OK to stay overnight at my mom’s. We’re doing a birthday drive by parade for my little cousin on Sunday at 1pm and it would be easier if I was already there in the morning. I usually share a room with my mom, but she now has a couch that opens up so if I do stay, I will ask that either she or I sleep on it. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Question for les, but any of you can feel free to chime in. Knowing cases are creeping up here in MA, I wanted thoughts on whether it would be OK to stay overnight at my mom’s. We’re doing a birthday drive by parade for my little cousin on Sunday at 1pm and it would be easier if I was already there in the morning. I usually share a room with my mom, but she now has a couch that opens up so if I do stay, I will ask that either she or I sleep on it. Thoughts?
        I think it would depend on how much you have both been staying in your bubble.
        The safest choice is to say no.
        The next safest choice would be if you both had been not going anywhere then I would say meh- shut the door to her bedroom and everyone open the windows.
        If anyone has been going out it would be a hard no from me*

*taking into consideration I know people who got it without knowing a symptomatic person and one of whom is no longer treading the earth I am way cautious.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I think it would depend on how much you have both been staying in your bubble.
          The safest choice is to say no.
          The next safest choice would be if you both had been not going anywhere then I would say meh- shut the door to her bedroom and everyone open the windows.
          If anyone has been going out it would be a hard no from me*

*taking into consideration I know people who got it without knowing a symptomatic person and one of whom is no longer treading the earth I am way cautious.
          Definitely depends on the bubble thing. That's why I was comfortable on my MI trip. We ALL knew we kept within the bubble, and any interaction with others were with others that kept in the bubble. That being said, I would still stay in separate rooms. Better safe than sorry. And, while it may seem a bit over the top, mask up indoors, even at your mom's house. At the very least, keep 6 feet away.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Every day the site is slower. This might be the end, folks. Better hop on email/FB/Tweeter if you want to keep in touch with this old fart. Insta, Tiktok, Snaptime, Facechat need not apply.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Definitely depends on the bubble thing. That's why I was comfortable on my MI trip. We ALL knew we kept within the bubble, and any interaction with others were with others that kept in the bubble. That being said, I would still stay in separate rooms. Better safe than sorry. And, while it may seem a bit over the top, mask up indoors, even at your mom's house. At the very least, keep 6 feet away.
                  The Gov just came out this noon and said if they aren't from your house don't do it. Sounds like there is a lot of spread happening in the 'trusted friends and family' networks. Rube is right- mask up indoors would be a great idea although I can't see that being successful when you sleep.

Good afternoon Lodge!

Comment

• I got a notification in the mail yesterday that all DC voters will get absentee ballots this year.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I got a notification in the mail yesterday that all DC voters will get absentee ballots this year.
                          Those are acceptable. Its those **** mail in ballots that are fraudulent!
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Those are acceptable. Its those **** mail in ballots that are fraudulent!
                            My town is really drinking the Kool aid about that. Poor things.

Good Morning Lodge!
                            Slept like crap last night. Went for my walk before coffee. My body has no idea what the hell is happening.

Comment

• I was served by a waitress for the first time since March today. I ate outside and was the only one there when I got there. Two other tables were occupied by the time I left. https://www.lupomarinodc.com/ (In honor of UAA?)
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-13-2020, 03:03 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Evening, Lodge.

Dropped off Maggie to get fixed today, thankfully it IS only the bumper that the idiot driver ruined (there were questions of the quarterpanel). Her insurance is paying for everything, including the rental car. I was slotted to get a Corolla (not horrible), but due to the hail storms on Sunday night, that car was damaged, so Hertz upgraded me to a Cherokee. That'll play.

Hope to have my car back on Fri, but most likely it'll be Monday (the body shop is closed on weekends; family-owned small business).

Comment

Working...
                                X