This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

See, I think she should go with Dear Steve...

MEUSA - that’s gotta suck! I was watching NECN yesterday and they showed a clip of the Governor being really ******ed at the power company for taking way too long. Hope it comes back soon,

Took today off. Not really a beach day, though I bet it would’ve been nice if I went. Did my weekly food shopping, changed the sheets on my bed, washed a load of towels, ran the dishwasher, then started to do a small purge. I pulled out a bunch of books, bagged them, and will bring to Salvation Army tomorrow. I’m going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to look at TVs and want to talk about them delivering and having Geek Squad set it up, etc. And I’m going to the post office to do my part and buy some stamps.
    Ask about the details on free delivery. When I bought my TV a few years back, I was going to get a 42" TV ($425, $75 delivery fee), BUT if I bought a 50" TV ($500) then delivery was free (any TV over 44", IIRC, was free delivery). That choice was easy.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I thought I read a couple weeks ago that Fauci, or the CDC in general, was saying that contact tracing is pretty much useless at this point due to how widespread the virus is now.
      It is useless in places that are not willing to do anything to help themselves. In my State we were doing a lot better- now when we see a bump of numbers is is the a55holes who can't manage to live without partying and the dipsh1ts that ran a football camp with kids from 17 towns. They can trace where it came from and warn the others to quarantine.

Good evening Lodge!

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

It is useless in places that are not willing to do anything to help themselves. In my State we were doing a lot better- now when we see a bump of numbers is is the a55holes who can't manage to live without partying and the dipsh1ts that ran a football camp with kids from 17 towns. They can trace where it came from and warn the others to quarantine.

Good evening Lodge!
            One of my friends was employed by the state as a contact tracer earlier in the year, and was laid off (?) in early July. She got a call this week to go back to work.

Comment

Good evening Lodge!
              Thank God my state is mostly doing things. WI is a mess. And currently my brother is in Sturgis (parents are NOT happy about that). Note: he's not really a bar guy; he, his fiancee, and another couple mostly ride during the day to other states, and then retire to their campsite to hang out and drink. So that improves his chances of not getting the Rona. I don't know if he masks up or not.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Al the nopes. That is hands down the most stupid scenario of the whole Rona story so far. Just when I think people have reached their capacity for stupid there is a hold my beer moment. Hope he has life insurance and a plan for the kids.

Good Evening Lodge!

lilnsl got a bee in his bonnet this morning and decided to clean the attic. Understand it is 85F out and the attic fan is dead. He kept bringing stuff down- now the top rooms of the house are a mess of things that are going out of the house but need to be sorted to get to the appropriate place. I managed to clean out some things that had migrated to my laundry room. Got nothing I was supposed to be getting done. Trip down memory lane. He found stuff I didn't know we owned.

Comment

Al the nopes. That is hands down the most stupid scenario of the whole Rona story so far. Just when I think people have reached their capacity for stupid there is a hold my beer moment. Hope he has life insurance and a plan for the kids.
                  And also an advanced directive. My cousin that lives in Wyoming, and is a Baptist minister, is also there. With his son, who has an 8-year-old daughter. His mom lives here with my mom. My mother told me that he was going this morning. I told her my aunt should plan on never seeing her son again. She turns 87 tomorrow. The fact that this event was not cancelled months ago is beyond reason.

I went for an eye appointment today. I wanted to get it done before we inevitably start shutting things down again. They were super careful there.

Comment

• From what I've heard, the city basically gave up, since they can't STOP a bunch of people showing up, so they are not doing any sponsoring or promoting things related to the event. And since there are no ordinances/mandates, they won't be busting anyone for mask stuff/etc. It's basically tInvasion on a larger scale.

And thanks to a *ing worthless piece of c-sucking sh* driver who can't make a right turn onto a street around my parked car, Maggie's bumper is pushed in 1.5" and needs a repair. Thank goodness for witnesses (who took photos), and the common courtesy of the driver to actually take responsibility. I am NOT *ing happy right now.

Comment

• Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

And also an advanced directive. My cousin that lives in Wyoming, and is a Baptist minister, is also there. With his son, who has an 8-year-old daughter. His mom lives here with my mom. My mother told me that he was going this morning. I told her my aunt should plan on never seeing her son again. She turns 87 tomorrow. The fact that this event was not cancelled months ago is beyond reason.

I went for an eye appointment today. I wanted to get it done before we inevitably start shutting things down again. They were super careful there.
                        My hospital CEO is instructing us all to prepare for a secondary surge and potential shutdown again. Not to the level of April/May (no outpatient offices open, no elective procedures, etc.), but that every department re-familiarizes themselves with surge protocols.

This is going great! Trump's doing a heckova job!
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I note on the Dead thread that Carroll Hardy died. He was born in Sturgis. Hmmmm!?!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Good morning to tLodge!
                            Forgot again. :-o
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Afternoon, Lodge. So it sounds like Maggie will be out of commission for about a week. They are thinking the quarterpanel is also damaged along with the obvious bumper damage, and the quarterpanel piece is a HUGE piece, that is also the part that runs along over the driver's side window. Thankfully, the rental car I will need is paid for by the other driver's insurance. Whee.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Afternoon, Lodge. So it sounds like Maggie will be out of commission for about a week. They are thinking the quarterpanel is also damaged along with the obvious bumper damage, and the quarterpanel piece is a HUGE piece, that is also the part that runs along over the driver's side window. Thankfully, the rental car I will need is paid for by the other driver's insurance. Whee.
                                that is a bummer!

Good Afternoon Lodge! I just spent the last couple of hours sorting thru baby things. Sad and a bit overwhelming. Makes me realize that lilnsl world will not be anything like what he was born into.

And as an aside- it is so complicated to put someone on ignore now. Sheesh. One of the wacko trolls popped up and disappearing them was a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X