Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to work Monday after 2 weeks off for recovery. I wont be 100%, but far enough along to be able to do my job (sitting/PC work).
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Good morning Lodge. Glad you're feeling better JF.

Question for all of you - I have some really old cans of soda (Diet Coke, Sprite) in my pantry. How do I dispose of it? Pour down the drain? Just toss the cans unopened in the trash?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Good morning Lodge. Glad you're feeling better JF.

Question for all of you - I have some really old cans of soda (Diet Coke, Sprite) in my pantry. How do I dispose of it? Pour down the drain? Just toss the cans unopened in the trash?
        I feel like you’ve asked this before...

Save them and throw them at the loud people by the pool whenever it reopens.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Just got word that we are on mandatory work from home through end of 2020. We were supposed to do a pilot return in two large offices mid September, but that's been pushed to January. Since we won't go back till after the pilot, I probably won't be back in the office till March. So, I guess I will move forward with my plan to re-arrange my second bedroom, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK and have them remove the big roll top desk and the large TV with picture tube. Then I will buy a smaller desk and order a monitor that I can use at home. And a new TV for my living room and move my living room TV into that second bedroom. Or so I say. May not happen. But I really should try to make it happen!
          Mookie has been back in the office for a month now, having been deemed an essential employee (hmmmmm).

bought washable masks with a filter too!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by melmac View Post

I feel like you’ve asked this before...

Save them and throw them at the loud people by the pool whenever it reopens.
            I have asked before. And then forgot, or never got a response. While I LOVE your idea, given that it's August 6th, I'm not sure the pool will open this year. And tossing full cans of soda at people may be frowned upon.

Comment

I have asked before. And then forgot, or never got a response. While I LOVE your idea, given that it's August 6th, I'm not sure the pool will open this year. And tossing full cans of soda at people may be frowned upon.
              it would cause excitement. They are excellent for cleaning toilets. Pour into the toilet, let sit a bit then flush

Comment

Open, then throw. By the time it hits someone it may only be a half full can.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

it would cause excitement. They are excellent for cleaning toilets. Pour into the toilet, let sit a bit then flush
                  Cola is supposed to be really good for getting rid of rust stains on those toilet bowls. It's the funny things that a really low pH value can do to ease life. The Sprite might just have to be dumped down the drain, though.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Oh, I am paranoid. Very! The guy who died posted something almost identical to what you just did about being sensible... I remember reading that, getting a chill and telling mr les this isn't going to end well. Of course I know a lot of others who post that and are fine but listening to what mr les is hearing the serendipity of places people are catching it is ridiculous. The thought of thinking I am over paranoid, doing something and then having it bite me after all this time of being careful... Yeah. I used to be much more mellow.

Learned when I was in Practice you only think you know others' contacts. You don't know what their contacts are doing. For us it would be disastrous if one of us were to be positive. Even with no symptoms it would wipe out 3 incomes. The guys work contact tracing would be a nightmare.

We must be living in a karma hot spot. It wasn't until we went up to the lake that we experienced people who were not effected. It was really, really weird. I know there are a a lot of people who know no one who has had it. My Auntie down below Boston knows no one. I wish.

Will be fun trying to match paint on line....
                    I thought I read a couple weeks ago that Fauci, or the CDC in general, was saying that contact tracing is pretty much useless at this point due to how widespread the virus is now.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Cola is supposed to be really good for getting rid of rust stains on those toilet bowls. It's the funny things that a really low pH value can do to ease life. The Sprite might just have to be dumped down the drain, though.
                      It's basically a drinkable cleaning chemical. This is truth.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Good Morning, Lodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I'm writing a cover letter to formally apply for a position/promotion at my current place of employment. I'm already on a first name basis with the hiring manager (plant manager that would be my boss). Do I still address the cover letter "Dear Mr. [last name]"? It seems weird, but "Hello Steve" seems too informal.

Suggestions and advice appreciated.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I'm writing a cover letter to formally apply for a position/promotion at my current place of employment. I'm already on a first name basis with the hiring manager (plant manager that would be my boss). Do I still address the cover letter "Dear Mr. [last name]"? It seems weird, but "Hello Steve" seems too informal.

Suggestions and advice appreciated.
                            I'd split the middle, with a Hello rather than Dear, and then Mr. Pinopscotch.

Comment

• Good afternoon to tLodge!

No power for 24 hrs. No cable/internet going on 3 days. Cell service very spotty as well.

Had a large tree blow over during the storm and get hung up in another. Yesterday it decided to come down to the ground, just grazing the side of my truck. No real damage just some scuff marks, most of which came out with some rubbing compound.

And I was on vacation this week!

Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I'd split the middle, with a Hello rather than Dear, and then Mr. Pinopscotch.
                                See, I think she should go with Dear Steve...

MEUSA - that’s gotta suck! I was watching NECN yesterday and they showed a clip of the Governor being really ****ed at the power company for taking way too long. Hope it comes back soon,

Took today off. Not really a beach day, though I bet it would’ve been nice if I went. Did my weekly food shopping, changed the sheets on my bed, washed a load of towels, ran the dishwasher, then started to do a small purge. I pulled out a bunch of books, bagged them, and will bring to Salvation Army tomorrow. I’m going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to look at TVs and want to talk about them delivering and having Geek Squad set it up, etc. And I’m going to the post office to do my part and buy some stamps.

Comment

Working...
                                X